• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Wulf Den

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because of this picture DDB is cursed to never change his avatar.

Actually the first image I made of that was with some avatar relating to Minette that he had to use after losing a bet.
But I lost the image and he changed his avatar so I just made a new one.

When anyone says that "x in a videogame had such potential" without using specifics..it usually means that x isn't exactly how you want it to be so it's clearly bad. I mean I get where errybody is coming from, but Eliza is fine imo.

So many of the complaints about her boil down to lab zero not using the blood potatoes..which is dumb. Like how could it be more like blood other than blood potatoes being intergrated? It's a liquid. It's red. It's her body. She changes her form at will and then summons a spooky skeleton (which is the opposite thus creating an interesting dichotomy). All her normals use said liquid, 2/3 of her supers use said liquid, all her specials that aren't servants and or sehkmet use blood. She's basically Jedah minus the decapitation attack and contract.

Although, she is currently in that weird phase where no one knows what she is capable of yet in terms of gameplay, tiers, and whatnot. It's par for the course with new chars.

As for Beowulf he's turning out to be pretty cool imo. At first I was concerned he might be too similar to Bella but that's kinda been put to rest with what we have seen so far. Mike is literally turning up the grappler-ness up to eleven and running with it with the various ways you can enter grab mode..and it's still early as well.

I suppose next week is chairshot and and superkick then.

Last edited:
She's basically Jedah minus the decapitation attack and contract.

I think that's the issue though.
Like, Jedah's attacks utilize blood similar to Eliza's but Jedah's convey pretty easily that he's vicious and can and will rip you apart, whereas Eliza's just kinda convey that
she's Egyptian.
Like seeing moves where she summons a blood cat or blood serpentapotamuses don't convey the ruthless and bloodthirsty nature that she shows in her story mode.
I honestly think her grabs and some of Sekhmet's attacks illustrate more of what Eliza should have been more about, just crushing deadly-looking attacks, as opposed to just referencing as much Egyptian mythology as possible.

That's more subjective..and therefore valid.

I personally take it as her sandbagging and trolling her opponents in a similar role to that of Hazama from blazblue. Also spreading out said vicious attacks make the violence all the more surprising when it does occur which I think was the intent.

I mean wasn't that partially what she's all about? Keeping up a playful appearance on the outside..and when people least expect it basically being a vicious homicidal maniac.

Last edited:
I think that's the issue though.
Like, Jedah's attacks utilize blood similar to Eliza's but Jedah's convey pretty easily that he's vicious and can and will rip you apart, whereas Eliza's just kinda convey that
she's Egyptian.
Like seeing moves where she summons a blood cat or blood serpentapotamuses don't convey the ruthless and bloodthirsty nature that she shows in her story mode.
I honestly think her grabs and some of Sekhmet's attacks illustrate more of what Eliza should have been more about, just crushing deadly-looking attacks, as opposed to just referencing as much Egyptian mythology as possible.
Yeah, she calls out egyptian names and such but if you look at how Darkstalkers conveys personality through their animations where does Eliza stand? For example Painwheel, you can see that she is a person who is a berserker and has little regard for her own body at times going so far as to break her own limbs to get attacks off. Big Band's character is "music themed cyborg" and his animations work accordingly. He does have somewhat bland dialogue to go along with his attacks but it's not nearly as numbing as "BASTET...SOBEK!!!" Beowulf is a confident, and flamboyant wrestler and I can get that from his animations. That taunting back-walk. His very animate faces for some of his animations. And moves like his LP where he literally goads the crowd all tell me about who he is.

But that's completely ignoring the bits of dialogue that Eliza gets really right. For instance all her intros are super arrogant or condescending..which bespeaks her vanity which goes hand in hand with the putting on appearances thing. Thus her mimmicking all these gods in her forms goes in with her ambition and vanity as well.

She literally wants to be a god.

Last edited:
But that's completely ignoring the bits of dialogue that Eliza gets really right. For instance all her intros are super arrogant or condescending..which bespeaks her vanity which goes hand in hand with the putting on appearances thing. Thus her mimmicking all these gods goes in with her ambition and vanity as well.

She literally wants to be a god.
So if (and this is a number pulled straight out of my hat) 20% of Eliza's voice samples actually convey her arrogance, and the remaining 80% are just name-dropped egyptian names. Does that make for consistent characterization.

FWIW, I think the Sekhmet/Eliza voice clips are the good ones. But discounting those and the Intro/Outro lines the rest is bland.

For instance all her intros are super arrogant or condescending..which bespeaks her vanity which goes hand in hand with the putting on appearances thing.
Except her intro against Beowulf, in which she is genuinely intrigued by his potential.

Except her intro against Beowulf, in which she is genuinely intrigued by his potential.
that reminds me. I saw this on big bands quote page on the wiki

• I admit, that was an enhanced performance. (vs Beowulf)
no idea if legit, its been there forever, hell theres even one for umbrella on here thats marked as unused, obv.

edit: I'll be damned theres even one for Eliza at Beo:

• [Eliza]: Show me what today's champions can do. (vs. Beowulf)

skullgirls wiki 3 spooky 5 me

I JUST GOT HOME IM WORKING AS FAST AS I CAN AHHHHHHHHH

tumblr_neflycQskP1tert8xo1_500.gif

J.HK WITH CHAIR

Is this a new palette?
1.png

Side note, getting some Rugal Bernstein air knockdown vibes from Beo's j.HK. That and the obvious Dr Doom foot dive.

The new palettes don't reference anything but Mike seems to like the white and pink one.
I like it too, Beowulf looks like he just came back from golfing at a country club.
welp, we got out shirtless pallet
He's not shirtless, he's meant to be wearing a pink shirt.
The quality of that screenshot is low so it's tough to see, just watch the archive.

EDIT: Oh you we're talking about the other palette, yeah we got it.

Last edited:
so beo can do 6k meterless super easy. Well he might be able to do great amounts of damage just like BB.

oh god, the damage beo/band will do
oh...oh god, i'm actually gonna be scared facing techpower now

oh...oh god
Now just think of that but with Bella ontop of this Booty Fest. All Three of them are Raw Damage Charters. So Much Red Health. So Much Soviet Damage.

His damage shouldn't be even close to final yet. I'm sure Mike just had some numbers he wanted to toss in to get a feel for the character, but will of course reduce/boost anything that's tested over time.

I have a small feeling though that Beowulf might be different to other characters. Like, as a combo grappler his grabs might not scale as much.

oh...oh god, i'm actually gonna be scared facing techpower now
Ehehehe
EHEHEHEHE
EHEHEHEHE
EHEHEHEHEHEHE
EHEHEHEHEHEHEHE
EHEHEHEHEHE

This is what i read
You read wrong then, my friend
I can't play Fortune to save my life
Even Cere is a bit to air combo-y
Which is why Brass Beast is go for main

You read wrong then, my friend
I can't play Fortune to save my life
Even Cere is a bit to air combo-y
Which is why Brass Beast is go for main

i meant the trolling LOL

That would imply anyone in the SG community techs throws in the first place.

you'd be quite surprised because i've seen some people do it against me but then again, my throws are a tad obvious aside from my double throws

Whenever we get new updates make sure to focus discussion in the Retirement Thread and keep this thread casual. What I mean is, whenever Mike Z shows us something new don't rush over here, rush over there. I've just noticed that this thread is getting way more traffic than the other one.

I am still hoping for that Kamina skin, or at least something that looks like it, for Beowulf.
I'm hoping for three specific palettes.

Kamina (Gurren Lagann)
Akihiko Sanada (Persona 4 Arena)
Captain Hans Günsche (Hellsing Ultimate)

I'll be happy with even one of those three, Especially the last one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back