• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Wulf Den

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slow. His dash just hops him a bit forward and his walkspeed isn't very good.
Wat?
He has literally the fastest walk speed in the entire game, by quite a bit.
His dash is repeatable very quickly, and if you do that it moves him as fast as Filia's or Fortune's do.
I suppose expecting comparison testing from players is unreasonable, so there is some factual info.

Random thought just occured after watching some attitude era wrestling.

Would be kinda neat if Beo could pick up any chair that is sitting on the field. Granted He could only do this when chairless. It would play into the whole wrestling theme.

BUT would most likely be annoying and cause tons of unwarranted trouble in the end.

Reactions: Denizen and Muro
Having some Hurtings with the same colours is enough trouble :Y

Yea definetly enough troubs i imagine. it was a fleeting thought.
i wouldnt bother trying to ask for it, they've got enough on their plate, just having fun with em :D

cant test it atm, but does it work same with his backdash?

Random thought just occured after watching some attitude era wrestling.

Would be kinda neat if Beo could pick up any chair that is sitting on the field. Granted He could only do this when chairless. It would play into the whole wrestling theme.
Opened the thread in the middle of some beta match set to mention that exact thing, even if less as a "should be in-game" and more "how awesome it would be". Because, well, how awesome it would be.

Last edited:
speaking of beta, im in a lobby, no one is on matchmaking, SOMEONE FITE ME

Beowulf wouldn't cheat on The Hurting by picking up some random floozy.

What if he's in an open relationship with the chair? Maybe they have polyamorous chair threesomes. How would YOU know?

What if he's in an open relationship with the chair? Maybe they have polyamorous chair threesomes. How would YOU know?

he watches.

Reactions: gllt
Alright, last double post of the day. I won my last match. It was tough, it actually went into overtime. So that's it, this is the first time I placed at this tournament. I finally officially qualify as an All State Wrestler.
I really wanted to do better though.
And I call myself "WrestlerGuile". SMH :(

Unfortunately I can't watch because of practice.
It looks like Persona is animating a grab finisher in which Beowulf headbutts the opponent.
Screen Shot 2014-11-25 at 4.51.02 PM.png

We can hit people we grab now? What a time to be alive.

So it's a grab pummel kinda like in Smash Bros. Cool.

I would argue less Smash Bros and more classic beat em up games like Final Fight...but that is semantics so it doesn't matter too much. Both involve someone being grabbed and then hit, with various possible follow-ups afterwards.

It would be sweet to have it smash bros style though. Imagine if Beowulf had 4 way grabs? Forward and back throw would be the same, but then he has an up throw he can follow up. Then like a down throw where he slams you down and then elbow drops you.

I like the idea because I have a fondness of down throws that cause ground bounce.

Reactions: Denizen
I'm more of an original final fight or river city ransom sort of guy.

That's going to be so brutal if they add a cracking sound.

Here have a couple brutal headbutt gifs to mark the occasion

i57WwVEqubEaH.gif

iqlH2A3kEj5Fj.gif

A reminder that even though wrestling is fake...headbutts occasionally aren't and what these gifs are missing is the audible thunk sound that follows.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimbob
So Beowulf has a pummel? It does look a lot like a smash throw kind of thing haha.

If Beo somehow doesn't get a Haggar palette after this I am going to be very disappointed.

Reactions: old_gus
I'm back from my rigorous training. Are you all telling me that after grabbing the opponent Beowulf can deal some extra damage before finishing with a throw, like in old Beat 'em Ups or Smash Bros.?

Beowulf is so great, I can't think of another character I would have rather voted for.

Reactions: Shockdingo
I wonder if it would be possible for there to be specific sound effects for Beowulf specifically at the NWO stage. So for certain attacks (like the currently pommel for grab) have the crowd react to every hit. This could also work into the hype meter where the crowd reactions get louder with more hype as another indicator.

Possible entry into a "hooded mode" with new abilities or am i retarded?
Beowulf is not getting a hooded mode.

Too bad (or not really) the game isn't 3D, a super with Beowulf throwing the opponent against the screen (sometimes with sexy results) will be awesome.

Of course this is possible in 2D but I guess it will kill the budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.