• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Wulf Den

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pssssh Rellek, like your subdued extended sarcasm could ever bother us.

You're weak sauce man!

Says the guy who has a victory poster and a couple mediocre sketches.

Are you calling me Beowulf? Because I said that, not him.

I am not Beowulf.

How DARE you call ANY of Alex Ahad's art mediocre!?
You are systematically losing street cred Rellek, I'd watch what I say next if I were you.

Last edited:
What is this? Negativity? In this thread? I'd better cast a counter spell quickly!

tumblr_lzcldvFPsI1ql4h20o1_500.gif

But seriously, this is a thread for having fun and speculating about Beowulf. Please leave all negativity at the door. Thank you!

Bucky I truly appreciate the use of that gif, it really brings back memories. Jackie Chan Adventures was one of my favorite shows to watch on Saturday mornings as a kid. That show made me a lifelong fan of Jackie Chan.

Back on point, I actually don't believe in that. Conflict and negativity are important parts of life that promote growth and balance. I welcome Rellek's trollishness and pessimism, too much peace leads to stagnation.

With that I shall retire to my chambers and slumber...

I will go ahead and leave here the idea of having either Annie or Beowulf in game just doesn't mesh well with me. Don't get me wrong, I like them, but they feel infinitely more epic to me as those legends even the Skullgirls cast look up to. Putting them in game in a balanced states means making them totally... human x.x I expect Beowulf to create shockwaves by walking around. Some lesser martial arts need "chi" or whatever to make lazers, but Beowulf can flick his fingers and making bullets out of the air. Annie? Just being in her presence gives her control over your mind and even looking at her at a distance has the potential to blind you with moe... Ok, maybe that was too silly for a wrestler and tv star, but... but.... the epic fantasies! D:

Also, CHINCHILLLLLAAAAAAA! I miss Jackie Chan Adventures. That stuff was crack and the interviews afterwards were kind of interesting at times.

I expect Beowulf to create shockwaves by walking around. Some lesser martial arts need "chi" or whatever to make lazers, but Beowulf can flick his fingers and making bullets out of the air.

That's so cool! I hope that would apply to Beowulf once he's in the game. Btw, Lab Zero is super creative. Let's expect them to make Beowulf an awesome playable character that fans will love.

Last edited:
Reactions: Denizen
Eliza has a video?! What rock was I sleeping under?! :eek:

And no, not the comfy one, the rain wore it down. :(

It's this one. Not specifically Eliza, but more so showing off how she would actually fight.

I will go ahead and leave here the idea of having either Annie or Beowulf in game just doesn't mesh well with me. Don't get me wrong, I like them, but they feel infinitely more epic to me as those legends even the Skullgirls cast look up to. Putting them in game in a balanced states means making them totally... human x.x I expect Beowulf to create shockwaves by walking around. Some lesser martial arts need "chi" or whatever to make lazers, but Beowulf can flick his fingers and making bullets out of the air. Annie? Just being in her presence gives her control over your mind and even looking at her at a distance has the potential to blind you with moe... Ok, maybe that was too silly for a wrestler and tv star, but... but.... the epic fantasies! D:
I kinda agree with you. I felt the same way about Venus and Aeon. It would be difficult to make goddesses balanced without making them look weak. But with Beowulf, all they have to do is make it seem like he's not even trying. I like the idea that instead of being a rush down wrestler, he'll be a more control based one. That kind of gameplay would show off his fighting experience while also making it feel like he could still ramp it up if he felt it was worth it (like with his specials). He would still have some rush down moves simply because even he can't completely contain his own awesomeness. And since he's out looking for the ultimate challenge, he can express his dissatisfaction when he wins. His losing poses could just be him sitting on the ground all relaxed and he could say things like "You've go potential, kid!" to show that he isn't actually beaten.

Most scared, little children check to make sure the Skullgirl isn't under their bed. The Skullgirl checks under her bed for Beowulf.

Let's expect them to make Beowulf an awesome playable character that fans will love.
....except the ones that vehemently refuse to grow out of their bitterness, the special irascible snowflakes. :3

Most scared, little children check to make sure the Skullgirl isn't under their bed. The Skullgirl checks under her bed for Beowulf.
This is now canon. And gets the Brent Rambo Seal of Approval.
7f5.gif

(He might get arrested one day because creeping under little girls' beds usually has consequences.)

Reactions: VinceX and Lavama
You guys are treating Beowulf as if he's a God, but remember he's still a man. Just a man who is still susceptible to blades and bullets. Just a man who is nothing more than Human.
Just a man who is still capable of defeating Gods.
He's an inspiration to all of us. We are ALL just humans, but we are ALL capable of defeating Gods. So we have to treat him like he's one of us, because he IS one of us. Beowulf will fit comfortably with the rest of the SkullGirls cast you can rest assured of that.

Apart from that, Bucky and Crow's little conversation gave me some good ideas. I would really support Beowulf having a ground pound special and a ground pound super that spans the the whole field. It's a move that still fits comfortably with the fact that he doesn't have any powers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shockdingo
We know he's just human. That's one of his best qualities! It's just really fun to over-hype him. The way I see it, the Chuck Norris jokes of the Skullgirls universe are Beowulf facts jokes. But he is definitely capable of defeating Gods.

How do you balance God characters in a fighting game? Put them in the same game as Beowulf.

Reactions: Denizen and Crow
Beowulf is so awesome that, after his release, one of us will build a time machine to travel all the way back to the 9th century and write a epic poem about him. The fact that such a poem exists is proof enough to correlate my claim.
Because that's totally how time travel works.

As for Beowulf moves, I'll keep foisting my crummy idea for a Lv3: Three Wolf Moonsault
Beowulf does a projectile-invincible (maybe fully invincible?) lightning quick dash at the opponent, knocking them on their ass with a lariat and proceeds to use The Hurting to catapult himself off-screen. Cue a short cutscene of a full moon background and a small silhouette of Beowulf moonsaulting; as this happens, three wolf heads appear (like the Mike Z cat, there's a very rare chance of a derpy wolf head appearing). Back to the "regular game screen", Beowulf crashes over the opponent FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE.

As for Beowulf moves, I'll keep foisting my crummy idea for a Lv3: Three Wolf Moonsault
Beowulf does a projectile-invincible (maybe fully invincible?) lightning quick dash at the opponent, knocking them on their ass with a lariat and proceeds to use The Hurting to catapult himself off-screen. Cue a short cutscene of a full moon background and a small silhouette of Beowulf moonsaulting; as this happens, three wolf heads appear (like the Mike Z cat, there's a very rare chance of a derpy wolf head appearing). Back to the "regular game screen", Beowulf crashes over the opponent FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE.

Is that like Akuma's raging demon super? Or do you have something different in mind? Because if so better get over to the character mechanic thread to discuss it!

SHAMELESS PLUG-INS YEAH!

Dang now look what you've done? You've made me draw this:
quse5yja.jpg

Beowulf crashes over the opponent FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE.
Does the crash result in attacking the opponent's weak point?

Is that like Akuma's raging demon super? Or do you have something different in mind? Because if so better get over to the character mechanic thread to discuss it!
I would say it's a bit like Val's Lv3 with some dashes of KoF, chiefly the ranbu SDMs with invincible start-ups and I'd say there's a thematic similarity with Shermie's HSDM where both moves are a single wrestling strike instead of a grapple (her's being a Shining Wizard).
I've noticed your topic but I assumed it was made to discuss character perks and not move ideas...

Dang now look what you've done? You've made me draw this:
Sorry? (.__.)
Sweet Jubileus! That looks awesome. Beowulf's got that "imminent world of pain coming your way" look.

Does the crash result in attacking the opponent's weak point?
It hits so hard, the opponent will get knocked back to famous battles which actually took place in ancient Japan.

Last edited:
Sorry? (.__.)
Sweet Jubileus! That looks awesome. Beowulf's got that "imminent world of pain coming your way" look.

No need to say sorry, lol. I actually thank you.

Reactions: Balder
I would say it's a bit like Val's Lv3 with some dashes of KoF, chiefly the ranbu SDMs with invincible start-ups and I'd say there's a thematic similarity with Shermie's HSDM where both moves are a single wrestling strike instead of a grapple (her's being a Shining Wizard).
I've noticed your topic but I assumed it was made to discuss character perks and not move ideas...
Ah, but It's not stopping you from posting move ideas with mechanics in them is it? I did notice the words "projectile invincible" in your description, so I may have jumped to conclusions.

Was hoping for ground pound.
Then maybe an attack where he slams the opponent to the ground and starts pounding on them. Tapping the buttons changes the nature of the hits. He starts with his fist, then uses the Hurting, etc. until he works his way up to Grendel's arm. It would be brutal and a visual spectacle!

Oh, Sanity it has nothing to do with you personally.
It's just SO. MUCH. TEXT.
Most people don't have the attention span to read what amounts to a whole chapter of an Advanced Biology Textbook, let alone contribute substantially to it. You should feel proud that you and the other contributors of that thread managed to accumulate so much information in just 3 pages. Over here in The Wulf Den we're just making small talk, we don't have enough to say that matches what you and the others have already written.

I'll tell you what though, I'll read through all 3 pages and give some of my own ideas that you haven't already covered. I don't think I should do it in one sitting though, otherwise I will be like this to everyone for a while.
tumblr_mp8t3g5J921sy88jmo1_500.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr.Sanity
SALTY CUPCAKES REMINDER!!!
8:00PM PST. 11:00PM EST. THOSE OF YOU IN OTHER TIME ZONES CAN FIGURE IT OUT HERE
http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

Salty Cupcakes is 1 year old as of today! Happy Birthday Everyone!
This week's Salty Cupcakes Reminder celebrates Butts everywhere. Man or Woman, Large or Small, Firm or Squishy, be proud of your Butt. We should also take a moment to appreciate what Butts do for us everyday. Without them we wouldn't even be able to sit, something you are probably doing right now as you read this.
Go find a soft pillow and place it on your seat. Give your Ass a break for the day.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9O1TMJyhmw
http://junkpuyo.tumblr.com/post/44042557032

Last edited:
Reactions: Lavama and Pheno
I gotta join this little club. I almost didn't get Skullgirls until I saw Beowulf honestly. Turned out to be a great game indeed. Can't wait to get to play as Beowulf. Like some others have noted I am torn by the fact that I'd like to keep him as the Mythical back character that owns unstoppable enemies with nothing but his physical attributes and a chair... but I also want to play him lol. Here's hoping he's the type of character that has to hold back all the time just to feel a little excitement. He does seem to fit that combat/challenge junkie archetype like Cody/Ryu/Akuma etc.

The Wolf theme just makes him so much better. I demand(please) hooded palette or at least hooded action during supers.

It's good to have you in the family Zero. I agree it's going to feel weird to watch Beowulf lose to the current cast, he just doesn't seem like the type of man who's capable of losing. However, he IS just a man, and I can definitely see him evenly matched or even losing to powerhouses like Peacock and Double. So I'm not really too worried about keeping this image of him as legendary unstoppable warrior, because I already see him for his true self...

Alright that's enough philosophy for one night.

Zero I would love it if Beowulf had a taunt that let's him flip his hood on or off and keep it either way for the rest of the match. There's no way this will become a reality though. The animators would have to draw twice as many frames as any other character in the game to make that work. One set without the hood and one set with the hood. So we are just going to have to settle with Beowulf only putting the hood on for certain attacks, like supers and such.

Zero I would love it if Beowulf had a taunt that let's him flip his hood on or off and keep it either way for the rest of the match. There's no way this will become a reality though. The animators would have to draw twice as many frames as any other character in the game to make that work. One set without the hood and one set with the hood. So we are just going to have to settle with Beowulf only putting the hood on for certain attacks, like supers and such.

Not to mention that there would be sprites where Beowulf has The Hurting and the ones without it.

BTW, welcome, Zero. It's nice to have another Beowulf fan.

Most of Skullgirls cast is already on par with mythical beasts. Shoggoths, demons, cyborgs. No shame in losing against them.

Random thought inspired by that "constantly holding back for the challenge" thing - if I'd want to make a character not lose even if he does lose, I'd make his knocked to the ground/defeated sprite look like Slayer's from Guilty Gear.

fv05.gif

backflip.gif

He needs a skin colored palette to keep it real.

backflip.gif

He needs a skin colored palette to keep it real.
Actually, I was thinking that there's a palette where Beowulf's sweater vest color is the same as his skin. Should there be nipples too?

Welcome Back Capn!
Not to mention that there would be sprites where Beowulf has The Hurting and the ones without it.
Oh yeah, wow Beowulf is going to be tough to animate. Then again Ms, Fortune has the same thing going on with her head so I'm sure that the animators can handle it. It's just a matter of removing the chair from his sprite and changing some of his moves where he would normally use a chair. Beowulf and Ms. Fortune do have a similar thing going on.
Actually, I was thinking that there's a palette where Beowulf's sweater vest color is the same as his skin. Should there be nipples too?
Well Parasoul has glasses for some of her palettes so I'm sure they can give Beowulf nipples. I just hope they actually make a couple shirtless palettes. I'd be dissapointed in Lab Zero if they didn't give Beowulf as much fan service as possible. They can get away with Big Band since he's 75% machine.
Random thought inspired by that "constantly holding back for the challenge" thing - if I'd want to make a character not lose even if he does lose, I'd make his knocked to the ground/defeated sprite look like Slayer's from Guilty Gear.
Or like Elizabeth from Persona 4 Arena.
elizabeth-sprite1.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Status
Not open for further replies.