• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Wulf Den

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my custom Beowulf moveset

..it's pretty iffy and I realize Beowulf won't end up with anything like it. But it was definitely fun to make. The chair in this moveset acts as a means to set up supers or eat hits before beowulf gets and rushes down his opponents. Adding a Chie Meteor super also acts as a means of grabbing the chair when you are essentially unable to get to the other side of the screen.

Qcf punches chair throw. Light punch bounces back to Beowulf like captain america’s shield. Medium bounces off of opponent and sets itself up. Heavy clamps down on opponent for a few seconds but has a longer wind up.

Qcf punches (without chair). Knife edge chops, medium has a frame or two of armor, heavy he does a spinning chop ala kenta kobashi (resembling clark from kof’s lariats) that goes across the screen. Could cause stun or be used to get in close.

Down down punch: sets up chair. Light is a fake chair drop. Medium he sets it up. Heavy it becomes a bear trap than encloses around unwary enemies.

Qcf kick : running stance ala fuerte. Lights kick cancel out of the animation, (chair liner) medium does a meaty clothesline with a ton of stun, heavy kick a rather large big boot, grab does a quick powerslam. Jumping allows a wall jump like She-Hulk or Vega leading into a Machoman style Axe-handle. Running into the chair causes an anti-air attack similar to Alex’s knee from street-fighter 3.

Qcb grab:, irish whip that sends the opponent dashing into the opposite direction Beowulf is facing if they hit the chair they are now basically caught in the chair. (if they hit the border of the stage they bounce forcefully back towards Beowulf.

Chair set up blocks projectiles but immediately collapses on the ground. Can be jumped on and snuffed out physical attacks before again falling on the ground.

Qcf 2x: punches (monstrous lariot), full screen running clothsline done using grendel’s arm…sort of like spencer’s bionic arm..wallbounce?

Qcf 2x kicks: chairs rain from the sky ala chie’s meteor super from persona arena.

360 grab: jumping zangief mvc2 super does very little damage..high stun or crumple? Perhaps a wrestling jawbreaker move or headbutt ala alex in third strike..or even a tombstone pildedriver . Setting up the chair beforehand allows Beowulf to dash across the screen to his chair with hyper armor and then will leapfrog off of the chair into the anti-air animation.

Qcb 2x punches (level 3): a pyro goes off below his opponent which sends Beowulf into a painful series of suplexes leading into a moonsault press.

Taunt does the pumping ultimate warrior waunt with his hood pulled up (changes beowulf’s forward dash to a wolf-like biped dash with a couple frames of armor for a limited time.Allows Beowulf to use his level 3)

Air grab is a powerbomb.

I'm a huge fan of the psychology of grapplers. In that in certain games Zangief simply walking forwards cuts down options and makes you have to guess let alone when he corners you. Which leads to a fight or flight response..and then big mistakes that lead into big damage. Grapplers are indeed the intimidators of the fighting game genre. Cerabella now plays a little differently than a traditional grappler I think. So here comes Beowulf to fill the gap.

*SLAP!* GUYS ENOUGH WIH THIS HYPE! Him is just a character like the others, i really like the character etc,but your final results will not please everybody here, maybe him will be totally different in a good way, and then, nevertheless, the rage,cries and salts will do a damn shitstorm and swallow us. Hype...Hype with moderation fellas or we can become... a salty men(women)! *insert dramatic music here* lets not irritate Maiku Zen guys... or him will not make robo-fortune anymore after this... *same as above*.
*cough*
By the way, in my opinion, Will be great if Beo have a similar move set than Parasoul, i mean, about how do the moves, i think is more hard execute a DP than a "hold back --->forward + punch". in this aspect i think she is the easiest character to play, and when we play, we wanna have fun not a headaches.
ps: Beo must have a FANCY super. (thank you Mike *insert lyrical music here*). *insert a joke about insert stuff here*

Don't tell me what to do
I'm a free spirit
I will hype as much as I want

I also hope Beo will be an easy to learn character. Mostly to balance with Eliza, who's a fuckfest of weird ass combos
I can't manage to give more than two kicks with her

Well he's guaranteed to be more grounded than someone like Eliza but we don't know how much the trophies or chair gimmick will go...all we have to go on are the indygogo inspirations and Mike's quote in the Eliza gameplay thread about giving him a complicated input taken from various grappler characters. The thing about grapplers is they can be very simple or very hard to use.

Nah, businesses is for old nostalgic men who have their true glory left behind. Unless we talk cooking
tumblr_n7zl90mzb81r8n1s8o1_500.png

cooking is sexymanly as fuck
Beowulf confirmed for Toriko's brother?

*SLAP!* GUYS ENOUGH WIH THIS HYPE! Him is just a character like the others, i really like the character etc,but your final results will not please everybody here, maybe him will be totally different in a good way, and then, nevertheless, the rage,cries and salts will do a damn shitstorm and swallow us. Hype...Hype with moderation fellas or we can become... a salty men(women)! *insert dramatic music here* lets not irritate Maiku Zen guys... or him will not make robo-fortune anymore after this... *same as above*.
*cough*
By the way, in my opinion, Will be great if Beo have a similar move set than Parasoul, i mean, about how do the moves, i think is more hard execute a DP than a "hold back --->forward + punch". in this aspect i think she is the easiest character to play, and when we play, we wanna have fun not a headaches.
ps: Beo must have a FANCY super. (thank you Mike *insert lyrical music here*). *insert a joke about insert stuff here*
Can't please everybody. Though I must say he's becoming my favorite Chairacter.

Mike Z said that? Awesome!

Also this is likely due to the speculation that he'll use trophies from his previous matches, including Grendel's arm. His wolf-like theme will also decorate his moves, I suppose?

Anyway, is he gonna be accompanied by Grendel? I know that Grendel's alive it's just that I don't know his role in Beo's story.

Didn't L0 say that they were going to unveil Beowulf (and Robo Fortune) concepts in some Anime Expo thing or whatever? I hope Beowulf is hype!

Eliza is a transforming mass of blood, she has a Parasite that can separate itself from its host, she has an ancient magical scythe, she can summon two bodyguards to assist her in battle, and she's basically 2.5 characters in one.
SHE CAN FLY, SHE CAN SING, ELIZA HAS SO MUCH HAPPENING WITH HER!

For the first time I'm actually worried about how Beowulf will turn out. Beowulf is just a man with a chair and I'm worried that it might mean that less effort will be spent on his development and that he'll be outshined by Eliza.
I know I shouldn't think that way and I know I should believe in Lab Zero, but everyone's faith wavers at some point and this is my moment of weakness.

WULF PACK I NEED HELP, REMIND ME WHY I VOTED FOR BEOWULF!
Because he's Beowulf.

IS THIS NOT ALL YOU NEED?!? :PUN:

Denizen said:
SHE CAN FLY, SHE CAN SING, ELIZA HAS SO MUCH HAPPENING WITH HER!
IT'S A CHAISE LONGUE... IT'S A HAWK... IT'S GLORIOUS ELIZA OUJO-SAMA!
:PUN:

The bright side of having so few about him, means that what will be there will be more focused. Might it take less time to develop him? Maybe but besides not necessarily being a bad thing, that's also consequence of Lab Zero getting more proficient at their trade. You've heard Mike Z - they gut gud at not spending time and resources in things that won't be in the game.
Besides, the "average man" angle is part of Beowulf's charm. Not Adam average but still a character that fights without the aid of a parasite or mystical objects/powers. That said, a straight forward move set of just beating the snot out of the opponent with your bare hands (and the one ripped off Grendel) has its own appeal and gratification. I love Eliza's move set because of how everything is thematically coherent but, for the most part, I prefer more down to earth stuff and with Beowulf we'll have someone who doesn't need their hat to do the grappling for them. :3

I thought you'd be preoccupied about budget issues since Eliza's latest Blockbusters are essentially built off pre-existent assets which some might interpret as some sort of red flag but I wager that happened because they didn't want to spend portions from Beowulf's or Robo-Fortune's budgets. Again, we have to remember that they are working on slave wages. #FundSunlightSpear :3

Rant aside, some things I'd like for Beowulf:
1 - Besides using The Hurting, keep the prop fighting to a minimum.
2 - I know Fuerte is one of his inspirations but I hope his fighting style looks nothing like Fuerte's. I love Lucha Libre but, IMHO, I don't think its unique brand of flashiness suits the character.
3 - On par with King as a influence, give him chain input command throws. I'd rather mention KoF's Maxima who has a Rekka styled command grab (Beo would have something like QCF+P+K > QCF+P+K > QCF+P+K) and maybe include variable strings with other inputs.
4 - down backward+P+K for Irish Whip throw. Zero damage but trades places with the opponent. Some characters have command moves so why not a special throw?

I thought you'd be preoccupied about budget issues since Eliza's latest Blockbusters are essentially built off pre-existent assets which some might interpret as some sort of red flag but I wager that happened because they didn't want to spend portions from Beowulf's or Robo-Fortune's budgets. Again, we have to remember that they are working on slave wages. #FundSunlightSpear :3
This does raise a red flag in my mind about both Beowulf and Robo-Fortune still. Eliza is already a packed full of a lot of mechanics and details but I'm perceiving some shortcuts (aside from Sekhmet's super) that at the least make me worry about how Beowulf is going to turn out. But I'll be sitting back and waiting for more info of his to roll out.

Rant aside, some things I'd like for Beowulf:
1 - Besides using The Hurting, keep the prop fighting to a minimum.
2 - I know Fuerte is one of his inspirations but I hope his fighting style looks nothing like Fuerte's. I love Lucha Libre but, IMHO, I don't think its unique brand of flashiness suits the character.
3 - On par with King as a influence, give him chain input command throws. I'd rather mention KoF's Maxima who has a Rekka styled command grab (Beo would have something like QCF+P+K > QCF+P+K > QCF+P+K) and maybe include variable strings with other inputs.
I like all of this

Why does the trade places move idea have the name Irish Whip throw?

Also I am pretty sure that beowulf will be fine in what stuff he is getting all the dlc character have corner cutting costs on some of their moves, Eliza just probably has more corner cutting moves due to the fact that she already has alot going for her all the other characters so far, which probably means they are saving for when they get to beowulf.

This does raise a red flag in my mind about both Beowulf and Robo-Fortune still. Eliza is already a packed full of a lot of mechanics and details but I'm perceiving some shortcuts (aside from Sekhmet's super) that at the least make me worry about how Beowulf is going to turn out. But I'll be sitting back and waiting for more info of his to roll out.
I can't claim to fathom how things work but I imagine that there is a preliminary phase where they go through all the concept art and determine what will be used ("this will be s.LK, that will be c.HP, this could be a special move etc etc") so I don't believe Lab Zero splurged on Eliza's basic move set (which, has to be said, is VERY ostentatious) and then realized they only got $25 bucks for her Blockbusters. Furthermore, only they know what was planned from the start. Maybe the dive bomb Blockbuster and Sekhmet only having standing Punch moves were planned from the get go because if she feeds on meter, giving her a full move set would be almost counterproductive. I'd lie if I said Eliza's Blockbusters didn't disappoint me a bit but a lot of Blockbusters do share that type of simplicity (like how Flatliner is just a beefed up Savage Bypass and Squigly's Battle Opera uses the Center Stage animation) so it's not a isolated case of ghettoanimationatis.
What this all means for Beowulf and Mecha-Nadia only time will tell, but a Piledriver won't be any less expensive than turning a dress into a blood barge as, ultimately, it's all painstakingly hand-drawn animation that requires clean up.

PS: the blood hippos were a red herring. I WAS RIGHT! (ºAº)
(Maybe whoever wrote the article confused them with the Serpotards/Narnia Palette.)

PS 2: I would not be surprised if the aforementioned "preliminary phase" has already begun for Beowulf.

Why does the trade places move idea have the name Irish Whip throw?
Just so people who are familiar with wrestling could know exactly what I am talking about.

@Denizen
souvenirs from past victories may aid him in battle - after all, it’s only illegal if there’s a referee.
Literally anything and everything can hide under that gem. I can't wait to slap people with a torn off gigan arm and so should you.

You've heard Mike Z - they gut gud at not spending time and resources in things that won't be in the game.
They've been doing a suspiciously high amount of things with Annie.

CONFIRMED

3 minutes till the panel of stuff that we probably won't see for till someone posts it. But anyway yay things.

muqa6u8a.jpg

Can I just hope that this is his entrance? PLEASE?

(thisisbetterthanmyideaandiapproveit)

You know really the only stage this kinda makes sense in is Class Notes (bursting through paper)

...I guess it could work for Medici Towers too

*Peacock and Squigly taking the elevator up to beat up some Mafia goons when they hear a strange sound*
Squigly: "It appears someone is climbing the elevator shaft."
Peacock: "Ya crazy ol' corpse head, ain't nobody crazy enough ta do that! Ya know how high we are?!"
*suddenly a large crash is heard, followed by a scruffy man barreling in through the now broken window*
Beowulf: "Hey you gals wanna throw down?!"

Last edited:
*Peacock and Squigly taking the elevator up to beat up some Mafia goons when they hear a strange sound*
Squigly: "It appears someone is climbing the elevator shaft."
Peacock: "Ya crazy ol' corpse head, ain't nobody crazy enough ta do that! Ya know how high we are?!"
*suddenly a large crash is heard, followed by a scruffy man barreling in through the now broken window*
Beowulf: "Hey you gals wanna thrown down?!

I need this to be drawn out. I would do it, but I'm not that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back