• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Wulf Den

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well actually the whole development of a character is supposed to take three months and then be refined as time goes on in the main game. Big Band and Eliza both had issues that kept them from being released in a reasonable timeframe thus we got slightly more testing time. Thanks microsoft.

So we shouldn't look at any specific character as a standard. It just will take as long as it takes. That being said Beowulf is going by super quick.

Beowulf is 5 moves away from what mike considers ready for beta.

He is missing standing hard punch, standing hard kick, jumping light punch, jumping hard punch, jumping hard kick, and back throw.

His grab mode is his normal throw, the thing about it is you won't have anywhere near as much time he currently has in the grab. The length of that time will get longer the more hype he has, and whether or not the grab was combo'd in to or not.

Beowulf should only take the 3 months they need as long as his hype mode works properly, and they make the hurting work properly. The only issue I could see would be a memory issue for consoles, considering Eliza took up every possible resource left.

Consoles are weeeeeeak.
Also I think he also needs a super? They didn't add Eliza without the super.
I really hope his first super is not recycled animation.

Doesn't he also need a backdash as well?
Very minor point, but I do think that's the case.

Consoles are weeeeeeak.
Also I think he also needs a super? They didn't add Eliza without the super.
I really hope his first super is not recycled animation.

Maybe, in a stream a couple weeks ago Mike said the requirements for Beta were all normals and throws. A super usually just gets done early on in the development process because they're cool looking.

Doesn't he also need a backdash as well?
Very minor point, but I do think that's the case.

Yeah, but that's more than likely just going to be something added as time goes on.

I would bet money he has chair and chairless stuff for the rest of his heavy moves including standing and air that haven't been added. If I remember correctly Persona has been sitting on a chair super for about a month now as well. Generic chair rush super.

Still don't think grab mode is a substitute for a normal grab unless someone can find me a direct quote or mike comments here himself. Even with hype. The whole thing strikes me as pretty wip at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Denizen
I'm ready for Beo. He's gonna be HYPE, literally and figuratively. XD

Anyone got timestamps for the Beowulf updates on that stream?

I would bet money he has chair and chairless stuff for the rest of his heavy moves including standing and air that haven't been added. If I remember correctly Persona has been sitting on a chair super for about a month now as well. Generic chair rush super.

Still don't think grab mode is a substitute for a normal grab unless someone can find me a direct quote or mike comments here himself. Even with hype. The whole thing strikes me as pretty wip at this point.

If you're talking about the whirlwind of chairs, that's just all frames of his snap back animation layered on top of each other.

Mike HAS said it.

Anyone got timestamps for the Beowulf updates on that stream?

5:16:00

Reactions: Stonechimes
because he said that his grab input would be the input for grab mode

maybe it strikes you as a WIP thing is that it is a WIP?
I mean he is nowhere done being released yet so it kindaaaa makes sense for it to appear as a WIP

because he said that his grab input would be the input for grab mode

maybe it strikes you as a WIP thing is that it is a WIP?
I mean he is nowhere done being released yet so it kindaaaa makes sense for it to appear as a WIP

Do you really have to take a condescending tone to literally everyone you talk to? Oh goodness knowing a piece of information about a videogame gives you rights over me.

Oh geez I'm so sorry for being wrong about a videogame on the internet can you ever forgive me. I have dishonored my family and must be sent to the work camps.

I just think that there are grabs meant for damage and those used to manipulate space ala normal grabs. Having a character with this is kinda a new thing thus my disbelief. It manipulates the core mechanics of the game in a way which hasn't ever been done. It's most likely a good thing and definitely differentiates him from the rest of the characters in the game.

If you're talking about the whirlwind of chairs, that's just all frames of his snap back animation layered on top of each other.

Mike HAS said it.
5:16:00

My mistake then I thought he said it was a super or something or somebody did. Totally admit fault here.

Last edited:
Chill guys, this is The Wulf Den. Wolves don't fight in their own cave.
If you want to argue about this more then move it to the Retirement Thread.

I'm done I think. probably.

And thank you very much for publicly shaming me on twitter arcana like an adult.

Reactions: Arcana
ah... it's not the Wulf Den without a little fighting here and there. What a good pack this is.

Kinda feel like I started it a lil, if I had posted the below sooner to iterate what I was talking about, the descent into confusion woulda been avoided lol

this should probably go in retirement, but w/e I'll say it here.

Would I be right in assuming that beos beat em up grab is in fact his normal throw? I mean, Mike said at one point "Yes his air grab will be the air version of that" Which I can only assume is referring to the beat em up grab? It could just be his air throw, but having both may not be out of the question right?

EDIT: wrong quote, Im a dumb, sorry. Fixed.

this is the post, if you can click the Rakurin quote within youll get to the vid, but the quote from mike is there and while its not direct, the wording certainly points strongly to the grab mode is normal throw idea, IMO at the very least

Not for anything but that twitter post was extremely condescending.

I would say it was kind of douchey to also post screenshots on your twitter as well, completely uncensored and showing his name and avatar. one of them being the report he had sent to the admins.

I mean, you've deleted them, but still.

Last edited:
Contrary to popular belief wolves can be incredibly stupid animals and do stupid things like bite their own tail
They're so good at teamwork though.

Contrary to popular belief wolves can be incredibly stupid animals and do stupid things like bite their own tail
ah lass... you are correct. all those hours watching the nature channel has help you out. ):^)

I hear some of them will lick a bloody knife and bleed out from constantly cutting their tongue.

Reactions: chickenwithtie
actually i read comic books so there. Neya~
tumblr_nbnya89JFa1tj3dsro1_400.jpg

you can't out nerd a nerd, nerd.

So instead of drama, how about we talk about wrestling and video games. Specifically video games about wrestling.

I love VGCW. Now someone needs to get working on a good Beowulf CAW.

my beowulf CAW is still buried in here somewhere... SHall i dig out the quote again?

I really want a live weekend so I can bash kids with it online

Edit; FOUND IT. this is on xbawks tho and if twitch chat was to be believed, VGCW is PSN...

http://imgur.com/OZAyEVJ

heres the original attire for Beo in all its swag, unfortunately, this boxing style vest was the closest thing to the wolf pelt the game had
so it covers the straps quite a bit
all entrance attires (i.e the entrance cutscenes during gameplay) bar the last attire feature a hood up version of this

http://imgur.com/r4QZH9n

its pretty hard to tell from other pics as it looks like shading, but heres IMO a pretty accurate rendition of Beos under-chin ish beard, and you can see more of the hair too, which is perfect down to the strand that comes off, even if its shaped slightly differently.

http://imgur.com/WPWQwm9

heres a peltless/cloakless alt costume/attire, you can see the straps and the argyle (spelling?) pattern better here.

http://imgur.com/ypMLBsl

the pattern close up so you can see what I did with it. Its got the black and see-through diamond shapes with the white outline ones intertwining like it does. I'm proud of making that happen, even if its a bit messy XD

http://imgur.com/fxWZa3n

shirtless Beo, because yes. Note, I abstained from chest hair on purpose, I wanted to wait to see what any potential shirtless palettes give him (also, on topic of body hair, all the arm hair choices suck, so that didn't happen)

http://imgur.com/HdI21el

attire using a grey road warrior chest-piece that obviously does not have the hooded cloak in entrances because it does not use it

this is the only thing in the game that is a "shoulder-only" top option...obviously its not main attire material, but it looked cool still. It looks brighter here than it actually is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kuzlalala
I can't believe they made pee cock in a WWE game.

I honestly wonder if there would have been a Beowulf Fan Game if Annie had won...
Last week I was just exaggerating about my hate for Cerebella, it's actually her deluded fans that have really given me a headache. The ones that are always like, "Cerebella is the only truly pure girl of the cast, the mafia's just taking advantage of her and it's totally okay that she killed Fortune because she felt bad about it afterwards." Those people make me siiiiick.

I was just trying to get a rise out of people, I don't really hate Cerebella that much. She has a fun outgoing personality and she seems sincere, although incredibly stupid. She also has good taste in professional wrestlers. For real though, if I were a loose cannon cop in New Meridian on a mission to take out the Mafia I wouldn't hesitate to cut her down along with the rest of those monsters.

I'm sorry if I'm being too mean, you know how I am.

Last edited:
Bella stuff and description about her fans

I'll admit, bellas story is up there for me only because she killed fortune, but only because it really suprised me, the story got genuine reactions out of me (same goes for eliza) cause its like WOAH WHAT. THATS DARK. Also the remorse got me in the feels.

I also do quite enjoy shes the only "pure" and airheaded girl there, its nice to have rather than everything be dark, deathly and all edgelord, like the story kinda lends itself to being "every possibility is bad" kinda deal.

having said that tho I dont think im quite like "those" Bella fans, i just like grabbing things. Yelling HERE. WE. GO. as I ring the salty tears out of people like a wet flannel.

If I was in skullgirls, rather than be a cop I'd probably be like Beowulf, but more Batman. as nerdy as that sounds.

Oh and, just in case I do sound like a "bella is so kewl" kinda fan, she isnt w/o her flaws, the whole father figure "PLS NOTICE ME VITALE SAN" makes me sick, I hate angles like that

One of my favorite things about bella dying was the dead bella jokes

Kinda feel like I started it a lil, if I had posted the below sooner to iterate what I was talking about, the descent into confusion woulda been avoided lol

EDIT: wrong quote, Im a dumb, sorry. Fixed.

this is the post, if you can click the Rakurin quote within youll get to the vid, but the quote from mike is there and while its not direct, the wording certainly points strongly to the grab mode is normal throw idea, IMO at the very least

See that points to him having grab mode in his air state to me..which is fine imo as air grabs should lead into damaging situations and can be different from character to character. Eliza for instance has the cornering thing that no one has.

And as for my wip comment that got taken out of context..well in it's current form the grab mode in the demo builds looks similar to normal grabs. In fact it uses the normal tech animation after the time runs out on the hype meter thingy... this may not be something that stays and be wip as they work on it and change it''s animations and everything else. Much like the blood mechanic and various other things that have been decided upon at one point and then cut at another. The quote you guys brought in could totally mean grab mode is his normal grab...or what I stated in my last paragraph unless I'm missing something. As stated still not a direct quote from Mike. Unless
someone could provide just that?

Nobody can be expected to pay attention to every bit of new information that makes itself known. Life and stuff happen and people have varying amounts of free time, in addition to alot of said information being virtually buried in twitch livestreams. Either way I really just want to know as much as anyone else.

Also if someone could be so troubled..where was the text that referred to the whirlwind of chairs as a doublesnap? I couldn't find it on Persona's twitter.

Btw thanks for your support guys.

and here have a silly wrestling video cause dramas.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.