• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Wulf Den

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denizen

Retired Member
Reaction score
WELCOME TO THE WULF DEN
This Labor Day marks the return of Skull Heart and with it The Wulf Den, the official home of The Wulf Pack.
The Wulf Pack is simply a group of people who are brought together by common interest.
Those interests are Lab Zero, Skullgirls, Beowulf, and everything else.
So if you wish to be a part of this Pack of Lone Wolves, this Team of Leaders, this Family of Friends,
You only need to say so.

"For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack." ~ Joseph Rudyard Kipling

Last edited:
yep looks like this is the one that is here to stay

AAAAHHHHHH YYYYEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH

time to get the party started again

ioWGdQsVj8b1X.gif

Last edited:
Honorary Moon Moon reporting in.
Whose idea was it to bring Moon Moon along?

At least my Werewolf name is Graceful Beast. Oh yeah.

Anyway, am I the only one who thinks that Beowulf would be like a grappler version of Litchi from Blazeblue? As in have moves with/without chair and have combos where he sets up his chair on stage mid-combo?

EDIT
Why is this in the Off Topic section? Wouldn't it be better to put this in the Characters section?

Last edited:
Reactions: Denizen
Anyway, am I the only one who thinks that Beowulf would be like a grappler version of Litchi from Blazeblue? As in have moves with/without chair and have combos where he sets up his chair on stage mid-combo?

EDIT
Why is this in the Off Topic section? Wouldn't it be better to put this in the Characters section?

I wouldn't be surprised if he was like that. I'm thinking that he'll have moves with better range when holding the chair, but will have way more combo options when the chair is set up. It would also be cool if he had different command grabs with/without his chair.

And this thread has a history of going WAY off topic at times. This (to me) feels more like a hang out thread for people who are fans of Beowulf and like to speculate on how he's going to play and how he fits into the story.

Reactions: gllt and Denizen
Honorary Moon Moon reporting in.
Dammit Moon Moon!

I totally forgot what my name is and it saddens me. Those were good times.

One of the inspirations for Beowulf was R.Mika from Street Fighter Alpha 3, who already got referenced in SG with one of Cerebella's colours and Double's Hornet Bomber move (Which was a rejected Cerebella move if I'm not mistaken). I'm curious how he will be referencing grapplers like Mika, Tizoc/Griffon from Garou and other ones that were mentioned.

I'm back! And ready to ramble on about more character mechanics than ever!

[This area is reserved for The Pack quote. Go ahead a leave a suggestion in the comments.]
How about "Pack of Lone Wolves is a oxymoron"? :wherethehellisawesomefacemsfortune:

Anyway, glad to be back. Hope everyone's being doing fine n' dandy during Skullheart's second forced hiatus.

Haha, looks like The Den has been moved to the Character Specific section. I'm fine with that but boy will everyone be in for a surprise when an entire page is inevitably taken up by Nichijou.
EDIT
You are not the only one who thinks that, in fact I really hope that's how Beowulf will play. Easy to grasp on his own, but also a level of depth and complexity with The Hurting.
Bucky put it perfectly with his description, that's why I put "everything else" in the introduction. Maybe we can eventually migrate to the Lore section like it used to be before SkullHeart died. Unfortunately that section doesn't exist yet.
I have returned. Forging my own way back into these forums!
It's good to have you back buddy. Here's to a long and prosperous thread!

Well, I guess this is the general discussion thread for the Wulf now? I dunno, I pretty much consider The Wulf Pack the Skullheart Lounge for all intents and purposes. Maybe sprinkled in with a little Beowulf mechanics (that take up PAGES).

Edit
For a quote:

"Don't turn your back on the Pack."

Last edited:
For a quote:
"Don't turn your back on the Pack."
Funny, I actually had "Don't turn your back on The Wulf Pack" as my title on my dead account. It's a little too threatening though, isn't it?

I like it and i don't think it sound threatening

FIVEDOOT! *CRASH*

The unfortunately named Scarred Vixen hath returned! And I'm really glad that Skullheart has as well.

but what will Beowulf's voice actor sound like?

but what will Beowulf's voice actor sound like?
Everytime I imagine it I hear Dan Green.

Can we get Dan Green Beowulf? (If not Kyle Hebert, of course)

Aw man, it feels like it's been so long. How are ya Wulf pakc?! :D
Wow as if right on cue it's my current head canon voice for Beowulf, Shockdingo!

Reactions: Shockdingo
Yooo, what games are all of ya playing right now? I need something to get away from skullgirls for a bit. I've spent way to much time training already...

I'm sad that my shirt did not get first choice as Valentine guys. Guess it has too much going on *shrugs* anyone know where I could make a custom shirt for myself?

I actually made a Beowulf VO concept reel a little ways back. A fan game based on Annie needed voice actors, so I tried a few things.

After seeing the Steam Card image for Beowulf, I'm super-psyched about the inevitable Beowulf-Cerebella team up story mode! It has to happen!

Yeah, I hope to see a Pile Driver somewhere.

Woot! the forum is back!
How is everyone doing ? It´s been so long !
Glad to the see the wulf pack back

Also I had to sell my ps3 so I´m on PC now ):
The good thing is ... a lot of people are playing over there.

Yooo, what games are all of ya playing right now? I need something to get away from skullgirls for a bit. I've spent way to much time training already...
I'm pretty much giving up console gaming for the semester, it works out though since when I come back the PS4 <(wow this font is weird) will be out. I plan on buying Bastion soon though. By the way you should all check this out.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero
I'm sad that my shirt did not get first choice as Valentine guys. Guess it has too much going on *shrugs* anyone know where I could make a custom shirt for myself?
Hey man I know how it is, but don't beat yourself up over it. You're only like what 18? You've got SO MUCH potential man, just keep at it!
I actually made a Beowulf VO concept reel a little ways back. A fan game based on Annie needed voice actors, so I tried a few things.
Woah. Shockdingo you have some serious competition.

Reactions: WayForger

After seeing the Steam Card image for Beowulf, I'm super-psyched about the inevitable Beowulf-Cerebella team up story mode! It has to happen!
Oooh, I'm liking what I'm hearing dude! Excellent voice, it's got a great rasp to it, also good versatility. I really liked it when you got freaked out by Filia's hair. Also I liked the creativity of the lines and the specials, man. :)

Oooh, I'm liking what I'm hearing dude! Excellent voice, it's got a great rasp to it, also good versatility. I really liked it when you got freaked out by Filia's hair. Also I liked the creativity of the lines and the specials, man. :)
Thanks, bro! Shortly after I made this, people pointed me towards yours, so I saw it like 30 minutes after I posted mine :) I really liked your Brain Drain! It was very appropriate.

VO 4 lyfe ::fistbump::

I know that VA stands for Voice Actor, but what does VO stand for?

SALTY CUPCAKES REMINDER!!!
8:00PM PST. 11:00PM EST. THOSE OF YOU IN OTHER TIME ZONES CAN FIGURE IT OUT HERE
http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

For those who are new to The Wulf Pack, I always post a reminder for Salty Cupcakes sometime in the afternoon before it starts. So if you want a quick link to it or just want to check out the SkullGirls GIF/Video of the week you can find it here in The Den.
This is an old video but gets the basic point across of what Salty Cupcakes is without dialogue. However, there are a few important bits that I can only tell you myself.

First time visitors can expect 3 main parts of the stream.
1. Mike Z's changes to the game programming wise. He will also answer programming questions.
2. EightySixed employees Kay and MegaManDS announce the weekly t-shirt design and other surprises.
3. Not always but Alex Ahad usually shows up around the end to answer lore questions.

Well that's about it, I hope to see everyone there tonight!
I will be "Skullzen" in the stream chat.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bucky Barkley
Oh, Salty Cupcakes reminder! How I've missed you so! It's so nice to have Skullheart back. Now if only we could get the VAs to start showing up at SC again.

Hey guys, remember when I posted that Beowulf mechanic on the last Wulf Den? Well I put it back on the character mechanic page, just a heads up.

Hi, I'm quite new here, but I've been watching this thread since who knows when. I decided to join in because it's been a long time I haven't been fangirling with a bunch of fans (no really, I'm a fan of New Dynamic English with me as the only fan).

I've been liking Beowulf since I knew he's one of the candidates of the fan-voted playable characters of Skullgirls DLC. I got hooked up on Beowulf so much that I read about the epic Beowulf to have an idea of what this Beowulf character would be like.

So what I've got is my speculation of what Beowulf's story would be like. It's kind of like the Skullgirls version of the epic Beowulf but perhaps not. Here it is.

Oh yeah, I've found another thread about Beowulf. Is anyone willing to reply?

Status
Not open for further replies.