• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Wulf Den

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't mugen deadpool have that as a win animation...? I think that's more of an aesthetic thing. And additionally I don't think they are actually taking that many cues from smash (if any).

Also anybody got any advice on restands with beowulf. Particularly stuff off of chairless c.hp?

The timing is kicking my butt.

Last edited:
Too bad (or not really) the game isn't 3D, a super with Beowulf throwing the opponent against the screen (sometimes with sexy results) will be awesome.

Of course this is possible in 2D but I guess it will kill the budget.

That could be pretty awesome, maybe in a hypothetical SKullgirls 2 or if Lab Zero ever makes a beat 'em up of any sort, it could be done in a BattleToads(Battlemaniacs) and Turtles in Time tribute/homage/etc? Either way, I don't think it would be super difficult programming-wise, but at this stage, it would require too many new animations and fiddling with existing animations for it all to be possible I guess.

Didn't mugen deadpool have that as a win animation...? I think that's more of an aesthetic thing. And additionally I don't think they are actually taking that many cues from smash (if any).

Also anybody got any advice on restands with beowulf. Particularly stuff off of chairless c.hp?

The timing is kicking my butt.
Yup, we did. One of our artists (WuCash I think) drew a big port, and then we programmed him to pop up.

The with chair normals good?

j.HP with chair is mad good.

Ay niggas I'm wulfin' it up right now, come at me yo.
Translation: I'm in training with Beowulf but I'm open for some rounds.

I made a lobby..wulf people welcome. I'm bored too.

Btw bucky sorry for the drop. My connection died,

Last edited:
It's cool. I actually thought it was my fault. You would've won anyway.

I'm trying out some Beowulf stuff vs the training dummy and gotta say, while the temp NMO background music (as intended) doesn't fit the stage at all, it's pretty great for a training mode.

Today I deposited a paycheck and a Steam Sale started as well.
God help me.
Hope you can block the incoming before your paycheck assist gets happy birthday'd

I'm trying out some Beowulf stuff vs the training dummy and gotta say, while the temp NMO background music (as intended) doesn't fit the stage at all, it's pretty great for a training mode.
I think Skullgirls could benefit from the option of selecting the music for the stage, like in Persona 4 Arena.
Actually there's a lot of things that Skullgirls could take from P4A.

I think Skullgirls could benefit from the option of selecting the music for the stage, like in Persona 4 Arena.
Actually there's a lot of things that Skullgirls could take from P4A.
Such as?
(GG came up with music select, btw. Maybe you just didn't play any good ArcSys games, haha.)

Last edited:
Maybe you just didn't play any good ArcSys games, haha.)

image.jpg

Don't know how it worked in P4A, but while I like/don't mind a track being bond with a stage for matches, it would a fun thing if we could select a track specifically in training mode via a similar menu the art gallery has under the start button. Some relaxing, less combat-oriented tracks from the story modes work surprisingly well for training.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
Such as?
(Maybe you just didn't play any good ArcSys games, haha.)
I was only thinking about some aesthetic things, nothing all that important.
In the end P4A still doesn't beat Skullgirls as a fighter, at least in my eyes.

Also you're right, I actually never played Guilty Gear. Thank goodness for that Steam Sale, I'm buying a bunch of fighting games that I've never played before. By the way, can anyone recommend some good games on sale?

Last edited:
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
The Thanksgiving Patch, it came with a lot of great Beowulf updates but it also came with a new stage. NMO Arena (Empty). I think you'll understand my concern when you see it for yourselves.

I know the song is temporary, but I can't help but think the stage could be used for a solemn moment or something similar. I also like some of the other new posters.

Man, that stage feels sad. Really makes you wonder what's gonna happen in his story. Also, I can't wait to hear the final music for these stages.

What's the song ? God this sucks always asking what's happening on PC lol

The song that plays during sad moments in the story-modes. Don't know what it's called exactly, but you heard it already if you played the story of other chars.

The song that plays during sad moments in the story-modes. Don't know what it's called exactly, but you heard it already if you played the story of other chars.

Oh, like the little guitar bits with the flute???

I think the song is called "Daybreak" from the soundtrack.

Oh well thanks actually someone posted a video of them in the empty stage lol....

NMO Arena (Empty). I think you'll understand my concern when you see it for yourselves.

Temporary. Even though it isn't really a fighting song, it fits the empty mood of the arena for the time being.

Temporary. Even though it isn't really a fighting song, it fits the empty mood of the arena for the time being.
Don't be a know-it-all, I know it's temporary but open your eyes.
They used a temporary sad song for what is most likely going to be a permanent sad song.

Either way this is a sorrowful setting, you'd have to be blind not to see that.

They used a temporary sad song for what is most likely going to be a permanent sad song.

Either way this is a sorrowful setting, you'd have to be blind not to see that.

I don't see why that's a problem. That there is an empty version of this stage most likely means that there may be a sad scene leading up to it. He's a retired wrestler and here he is in an empty arena he used to wrestle in. Why wouldn't it be sad?

They used songs that nobody could mistaken for the actual song that will be implemented later, that's what Mike said. Everything else is your imagination.

It could be a mysterious or slow and relaxing song as well, since it is "after hours" arena.

When I see it now though with the temporary music, I think how Beowulf might have visited the empty arena one more time before he retired, and that's really sad.

I don't see why that's a problem.
Everything else is your imagination.
You guys obviously don't know anything about the original tale of the Hero King Beowulf, the legend that our Beowulf is built upon. He dies at the end, and this stage is the perfect setting for the tragic death of a hero. This stage brings to mind that moment in Ashita no Joe, and it's worrying me.

I don't think you two are considering the very real possibility that Beowulf could die in his story.

I don't think you two are considering the very real possibility that Beowulf could die in his story mode.

More than that. I think it is likely Beowulf could die in his story.

More than that. I think it is likely Beowulf could die in his story.
Shut the fuck up, you're not making this any easier for me!

Did... I wander into something I am not sure about?

I'm just gonna go.

Reactions: gllt
Status
Not open for further replies.