• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Them's Fightin' Herds

I'm seeing something on /r/fighter, and I'd guess other sites have a similar thread to this one. But it is conspicuously absent from Shoryuken's news page. That said, it is theme driven, so money will likely come from weird places.

The /r/kappa thread is actually responding pretty well to it aside from the standard horsefucker jokes.

Reactions: Spencer
The /r/kappa thread is actually responding pretty well to it aside from the standard horsefucker jokes.
"Horsepuncher," is pretty good, I like that. That should be the, "brony," of the TFH community.

Reactions: dead
"are you guys still using the Z engine?" - evilben via IndieGoGo comments

Ohhhhhhh people just do NOT FUCKING READ. LIKE AT ALL.

AND HE STILL GAVE MONEY. ARGGGGHHH.

"are you guys still using the Z engine?" - evilben via IndieGoGo comments

Ohhhhhhh people just do NOT FUCKING READ. LIKE AT ALL.

AND HE STILL GAVE MONEY. ARGGGGHHH.
EVILBEN PLZ! I'm pointing my finger at you like you point your finger at all of us.

I'm hoping it has some Melty influences. The ABC > launcher ABC combos seems Melty Blood as hell.

There is still a lot of work to be done, so take it what you will with a grain of salt with this. SG community vs the TBH community is a thing? I always figured the tbh would be more welcoming to the SGC since they also help fund SG in the hay days of indiegogo. I mean should we all unite in the magic of friendship? (you can kill me later xD) but I like that look of the game, combo system is very similar if not the same as MLP fighting is Magic, damage needs to be increased, and yea potential for combos to last more then 45 seconds. Each game is different, and TFH doesn't need to be like SG (even though its using the Z engine) to fix the issues the game has now. Let them decide where to take the game in what direction they decide to do with it. I hope it succeeds, I put in my 60$ for the game.

(I am also a brony)... Hope things turn out well for them.

"Game looks like SkullGirls with horses." -AJ / Mixah via SRK Comments 12 minutes ago.

I'm crying...
IT USES THE SAME ENGINE!!!!

shakes head slowly... do the games really look similar art style wise?

No. it doesn't

Does these games play similarly?

No not really

So for the million dollar question, Is Fighting Herds Skull Girls with hooved Mammals?

the answer... is no.

Yes it uses the same engine but that's pretty much it. and Mane6 got the engine so they could have an easier time building the game and also expand the possible effects they can do in game.

beep
I guarantee at least one of the people who backed the palettes will shoe horn an SG palette in. Velvet as Parasoul or Eliza? no, neither of those translate well...

"Horsepuncher," is pretty good, I like that. That should be the, "brony," of the TFH community.
and antibronies can use it to deny afilliation with ponies, since they openly say they would punch a horse. Win-Win!

It looks so fun!!! The crowdfunding video was wonderful, I really hope they get a lot of support.

SG community vs the TBH community is a thing?

What is TBH, is that a typo? I'm pretty sure there's no shakesperean feud between whatever that is and sg players.

It's like jewpuncher for blitzkamf.

What is TBH, is that a typo? I'm pretty sure there's no shakesperean feud between whatever that is and sg players.

It's like jewpuncher for blitzkamf.
oops I mean TFH. Its a Monday, and brain is not functioning properly.

It's funny because a lot of people are actually dismissing the game for NOT being about ponies anymore. at least that's how it is on /mlp/ right now. EQD just loves faust
wow really? that´s.....sad.

See, now that Fightin' Herds is convincing a lot of new people to sign up for Indiegogo, and shake off that "why not KS" mindset, it should be even easier for those folks to hop over to the Indivisible campaign once that gets started. I think if both campaigns can hold hands while enjoying the sunlight, everything will work out fine!

IGG Update. Posted a Q&A. Click link for full page.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/them-s-fightin-herds#/updates
Q) Mac/Linux/consoles port?

A) We're open to them as stretch goals once the main one has been reached. Bringing the game to as many platforms as possible is something we really want to do, but depends on the crowdfund surpassing the initial goal. Until then, we really can't guarantee when, how, where, which or what. One thing that is (theoretically) sure, is that If we did end up going with console ports, we’d be looking at a digital distribution method.

Q) Any hints on what they might be?

A) Sure! We’re looking at the possibilities of having Mac/Linux ports, an additional character and an improved graphic lobby to start with. Consoles would be higher up the ladder due to everything that’s involved in getting an indie game ready for console distribution.

Q) Can we get Steam keys?

A) We're working on getting the greenlight campaign running as soon as possible. With the support of the community, we can get Them's Fightin' Herds on Steam that way. If we get to release through the Steam platform (which would be great) we would be distributing the game copies through it.

Q) What about alpha/beta access?

A) This one depends on the previous question. If we can release through Steam, we'd be retroactively adding beta access to the pledge tiers, so backers can join in on that.

Q) Can we have the Complete Recordings Digital Perk without the physicals, please?

A) By popular demand, we're adding a new digital only unlimited pledge tier, at the $90 mark. It includes all the unlimited digital rewards. It also includes the Complete Recordings digital-only edition of the soundtrack. It doesn't include any of the physical rewards, or the higher-end limited rewards. Existing backers that wish to update their pledge to the new tier can do so. =)

Q) Only five characters? The page down there says there’s six.

A) We still have one more character left to reveal. She’s made a few… cameo appearances in the pledge reward graphics, and in the lobby video. Her homeland also appears in a couple of the pledge reward names. Can you guys guess what species she is?

As of now they are past 95k/1500+ backers at past 15 hours. 22% done.

Q) Only five characters? The page down there says there’s six.

A) We still have one more character left to reveal. She’s made a few… cameo appearances in the pledge reward graphics, and in the lobby video. Her homeland also appears in a couple of the pledge reward names. Can you guys guess what species she is?
I'm guessing the eye is the cameo.
zu9epvmlpnwlxdczlrpf.png

Looks reptilian to me.
And I think the homeland is Huoshan, which is a Chinese County (thanks, Google). Possible dragon?

They've said they're only doing hoofed animals to start out hoping we get a predator in there somewhere as a stretch goal.

The Tiers names makes a constant references to Huoshan. In the Google, almost all the Houshan references are chinese ones. A Kirin can be a good bet. And Kirin is a Flying moster... a good replacement to the Pegasus Raibow Dash!

I think the only predator for now will be the (first) boss. For now...

Reactions: erkicman
I'm guessing the eye is the cameo.
zu9epvmlpnwlxdczlrpf.png

Looks reptilian to me.
This green image in the back doesn't line up with the characters we've seen so far either.
muddsfs6petgzfgayrvm.png

This green image in the back doesn't line up with the characters we've seen so far either.
muddsfs6petgzfgayrvm.png

And the tier is called Predator Scout...ufufufufufu...how interesting~

I wanna play the fluffy one

D'aww, and I had this whole idea brewing where not-Rainbow Dash could be a flying pig....

Reactions: erkicman
D'aww, and I had this whole idea brewing where not-Rainbow Dash could be a flying pig....
Then it'd be the exact same character

I think you should rethink your life choices if your favorite horse is any other than Rarity.