• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Toonami Thread

SAO creeping me out some with supposed "sister" shipping and heavily suggested rape. Throw in a usual
control people's mind with netgear
and I can see why others thought SAO took a nose dive after Season 1.

SAO creeping me out some with supposed "sister" shipping and heavily suggested rape. Throw in a usual
control people's mind with netgear
and I can see why others thought SAO took a nose dive after Season 1.

SAO took a nosedive after Episode 1, which wasn't very good to begin with. You give it far too much credit.

SAO took a nosedive after Episode 1, which wasn't very good to begin with. You give it far too much credit.
oh stop. they have a right top their own opinion.

SAO seems to have doubled down on being the one way stop to crazytown.

Earlier, it was just sorta surprising in how it was kinda odd and totally weird. In season 2, its in full overdrive.

I like the whole premise initially, like how player killing was a much bigger thing, resources could be overfarmed to the point of starving players, there was a lot they could do with that. And they did explore some of those in season 1, which I liked.

English Blue Exorcist on Toonami huh? Cool, maybe this time I'll actually make it past the first three episodes.

@Sanoblaze can you tell me what Summer Wars is? That GIF looks fucking awesome and I'm interested now.

Also if there are any changes to Toonami's schedule please let me know so I can edit the first post accordingly.

English Blue Exorcist on Toonami huh? Cool, maybe this time I'll actually make it past the first three episodes.

@Sanoblaze can you tell me what Summer Wars is? That GIF looks fucking awesome and I'm interested now.

Also if there are any changes to Toonami's schedule please let me know so I can edit the first post accordingly.
I am only going to say its a Mamoru hosoda movie. Don't look up anything about it. Don't look into the hype for this movie. Go in super neutral. I am not gonna say anything because I suck at selling this.

More Space Dandy Promos
Below video is a Japanese version PV where dialogue can be heard and footage to see.
List of contributors for the anime (No complete VA cast list yet) can be found here too.

January feels like its gonna be a dandy space adventure indeed.

Reactions: Denizen
Summer Wars is less than 2 weeks away! Any of you guys man enough to shed manly tears for this movie?!

Summer Wars is less than 2 weeks away! Any of you guys man enough to shed manly tears for this movie?!
Girls exist Sanoblaze.

Just so this post isn't totally pointless, who else is excited to watch Akira this Saturday? I hear it's a classic.

Girls exist Sanoblaze.

Just so this post isn't totally pointless, who else is excited to watch Akira this Saturday? I hear it's a classic.
Summer Wars makes boys into men and causes women to become men as well. Also I use 'guys' as a gender neutral term most of the time.

and I didnt care for akira. its not bad. I just didnt care for it. I definitely feel it is a standard for animated films though.

Wait... They're showing Akira?

TETSUOOOOOOOOOOO...

Also, Akira has been on tv MULTIPLE times here in america, so I fail to see the big deal of it airing here again.

still say there should be more hype for summer wars. or none.....

EVERYONE GO IN NEUTRAL!

Space Dandy cast announced for Japanese/English Dub

<Character> ------------------------ <Japanese Cast> -------------------- <English Cast>

Dandy ----------------------------- Junichi Suwabe-------------------- Ian Sinclair

QT --------------------------- Uki Satake (9nine)------------------- Alison Viktorin

Meow -------------------------- Hiroyuki Yoshino------------------- Joel McDonald

Dr. Gel--------------------------- Unsho Ishizuka -------------------- J. Michael Tatum

Bea ------------------------------ Kosuke Hatakeyama --------------- Micah Solusod

Perry ----------------------------------- Banjo Ginga ---------------- Kent Williams

Honey ------------------------------------ Yurin ---------------------- Alexis Tipton

Scarlet ----------------------------------- Hoko Kuwashima ----------- -- Colleen Clinkenbeard

Narrator ---------------------------------- Masaaki Yajima ------------------- R Bruce Elliott

source

Here is also the subbed version of the 2nd PV as well

Premieres on Saturday, January 4, 2014 at 11:30pm/12:30c on Toonami

I am super unhappy that Steve Blum isn't gonna be Dandy, but I know its not something to hold against it as a series.

Space Dandy voice cast

No Steve Blum? Entire show is ruined.

What else has Ian Sinclair done? His name sounds familiar.

No Steve Blum? Entire show is ruined.

What else has Ian Sinclair done? His name sounds familiar.
Ian Sinclair is the english voice for Toriko. I have faith in him, but still, would have been nice to see Blum go back to space....

Ian Sinclair past gigs. His VA voice range is pretty diverse throughout his works so hard to tell how accurately he will sound like as Dandy. He doesn't keep the "same iconic voice" in his various characters like Steve Blum, JYB, Derek Stephen Prince, Greg Ayres, etc tend to do for their respective characters.

Here is a couple videos of him in some works.

As Brook
As Toriko

I noticed this casting list doesn't have too many high profile VA so this is quite the bold move. Funimation tend to have decent dubs recently so I'm not panicking. Just have to wait for the first dubbed voice PV/first episode for a better impression on their cast. Lol Colleen is voicing another "Scarlet" character.

You had me at Colleen Clinkenbeard.

More Toonami stuff.

First is the official January 4th, 2014 schedule info.

January 4th, 2014 - A day that will be long remembered.
11:30p – Space Dandy World Premiere!!!
12:30a – Shippuden premieres on Toonami!!!
Toonami is proud to officially announce that Space Dandy will have its world premiere on January 4th, 11:30p, followed by a premiere episode of Bleach at midnight, and then the Toonami premiere of Naruto Shippuden.
Yes, that means that Space Dandy is premiering on Toonami before anywhere else in the world!
Yes, that’s 30 minutes earlier than ever before!
Yes, we are very excited!!!
Just think, now you can say you heard the dub before you saw the sub!
Prepare for the 6½ hour challenge.
Check out funimation.com for cast info and more details.
Full Jan 4th Lineup
11:30p – Space Dandy
12:00a – Bleach
12:30a – Naruto: Shippuden
1:00a – One Piece
1:30a – Soul Eater
2:00a – Sword Art Online
2:30a – FLCL
3:00a – Uncut Naruto - Starting over at ep 1!
3:30a – Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
4:00a – Ghost in the Shell: SAC
4:30a – IGPX
5:00a – Star Wars Clone Wars
5:30a - Inuyasha
Might need to be added to the OP later. Source

Toonami anime movie month is almost here for December.

12/7- AKIRA- Yup. The most influential anime film of all time is coming to Toonami and kicking off a month of movies. That promo will be something to see, we’re tellin’ ya. By the way, the 25th anniversary remastered Blu-Ray was just released by our friends at Funimation, and man. It’s gorgeous.

12/14- SUMMER WARS- directed by Mamoru Hosoda, this modern classic is something we’ve had our eye on for a while. We think you’ll love it!

12/21- FULL METAL ALCHEMIST- THE CONQUEROR OF SHAMBALLA- FMA fans know how great this gem is. And so do we. Produced by Bones, the same studio who will be bringing you SPACE DANDY in January!

12/28- TRIGUN: BADLAND RUMBLE- Trigun is back where he belongs on Adult Swim, in a special one off adventure.
And that’s not all! We’ll also be doing a TOONAMI T-SHIRT GIVEAWAY for the whole month of December, AND you might see some interesting things happening with TOM and the Absolution!

Next is the Toonami Akira movie promos

Short version

Long version

Source

First up is Akira tomorrow, classic and nice pull by Toonami. Tuning in for that since its been awhile since I last saw it.

I don't know if I'll catch the entire airing of Akira

i've seen it more than a few times. maybe i'll tune in for the ending which is pretty cool.

320px-Logo_Akira.svg.png

Last edited:
Umm...what?
I just watched Akira. That's the Akira Logo.

EDIT: Something weird happened with the image I posted.

It was actually really damn good. I didn't expect it to be that good.

Last edited:
Fun fact: Akira was Johnny Yong Bosch's first anime role when he started voice acting.

Akira was pretty good, I think.
After all the parodies and stuff I expected Tetsuo's mutation to last long and have more of a body count but it was still freaky and memorable as shit.
I'm jaded as fuck and it still grossed me out.

Wait a minute what happened with the Akira Logo I posted? I didn't do anything wrong by doing that did I? It's a logo for a show, it's not like I posted fan art without a source. Ah whatever, the internet is stupid sometimes.
Also if you don't want to sit through all of Akira you can watch this short summary.

Last edited:
Or you could go with the superior original dub.
KAAANEEEEEDAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
320px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png

Or you could go with the superior original dub.

CANAYYYYDA!!!!
Who knew Tetsuo was Canadian?