• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Toonami Thread

it's gonna be on BD/DVD.

funi will get them out. its too popular not to do it.

of course Japan can get them out first because the DVDs were probably started wwhile the series was in mid to late production, and funi has just released them and has to do liscensing and stuff like that before they can get it out.

They actually put that on TV? Christ...
like I said in the previous spoiler, they didn't actually "show" it, but they make it very obvious before and after it happened what is going to and what actually went down.
I haven't watched much of Black Lagoon, mainly because I dislike the characters, I'll try it again when it's on TV.
I just like Revy. Daisy Dukes, tats, and a love of firearms.
like I said before, both aroused and terrified.

The JP version will also be bilingual (subs and dubs), but it's also pretty expensive for just 2-3 episodes. At least it includes a booklet, sticker (Boobies perhaps?), cast commentary, and extras
That Japanese version LOL

Oh my God she killed an unarmed man who was trying to surrender!? FUCK THIS BITCH.

Oh my God she killed an unarmed man who was trying to surrender!? FUCK THIS BITCH.
well its pretty obvious by the fact he had a gun in his hand before throwing it to the ground he was with some people who were trying to kill her, or the dude with the sword. plus, he saw her face and how she fought, letting him live would have been a liability for her.

edit:

also, its a series about mercenaries, hired guns, the job description doesn't leave much availability for nice guys in this occupation.

Last edited:
Well its pretty obvious by the fact he had a gun in his hand before throwing it to the ground he was with some people who were trying to kill her, or the dude with the sword. plus, he saw her face and how she fought, letting him live would have been a liability for her.
That definitely wasn't Revy's thought process when she gunned that guy down. She saw a frightened mouse in front of her and proceeded to play with her prey before maliciously killing him. From what I saw in that video she took pleasure in what she was doing. If she had immediately killed the guy after coming out of cover I would have accepted that, but instead she prolonged his suffering just because it was fun.
I hate this character even more now after seeing that.

but again, he saw her face and how she fought. he was a witness, and one that could lead to potential problems that would be even worse than what she just faced. (black lagoon gets really fucked up more than that) and I did add to my previous posts, you're not really watching a series about good guys, its about a group of hired guns. I like these kinds of series where you don't know which bad guy is good. jormungand anyone?

also, hansel and gretel in black lagoon. super sad, fucked up, and downright DARK compared to killing that dude you just saw. also, the series shows just how long Revy has been going at the business, and she's kinda... got a history with men and guns.... look up a bio about her if you want more.

Last edited:
Shit, sounds like I missed a good episde of SAO. I like uncomfortable shit.

Does Toonami usually air the same things for a good while or does it switch up pretty often? Because I saw the announcement they were adding a new series to the lineup end of February.

Sano I'm not completely new, I've watched a few scenes so I know who and what you're talking about.
Still, nothing excuses what Revy did in that scene. If showing mercy wasn't an option in that situation, then she should have just killed the man on the spot instead taking sadistic pleasure in dragging it out and taunting a man that was about to die. That's what a proper mercenary would do, that's what I would have done.

Revy is just a terrible human being, that's it.

yeah, well, everyone in black lagoon is terrible. if they have a speaking role they're most likely a horrible person. men, women, children, your boss, your employees, that girl scout who gave you a funny look, even your grandma could be a horrible person in black lagoon. its like anime Breaking Bad, mixed with anime Always Sunny in Philadelphia. the series is like... I think the word is devine retribution or something like that, where you have someone bad take down someone worse. like EA did with that guy who copyrighted the word edge.

I still look forward to it, and hopefully jormungand will be added eventually too.

and I'm not defending what Revy did. but I'm not gonna hold her to the standards of a regular good guy character or protagonist.

and I'm not defending what Revy did. but I'm not gonna hold her to the standards of a regular good guy character or protagonist.
Well that's the thing, it totally sounded like you were defending her before.

well yeah, I'm not denying that Revy is fucked up in the head, but she's more sane compared to other people in the series. also, we're talking about a scene SUPER out of context. I just like that scene cuz I think engrish if cute. especially hard Rs.

If anyone points a gun at Revy they're dead even if they have a change of heart at the last minute. Remember that.

If anyone points a gun at Revy they're dead even if they have a change of heart at the last minute. Remember that.
What are you implying?

What are you implying?

You point your gun at her and you just marked your last time living on this planet.

You point your gun at her and you just marked your last time living on this planet.
No I mean why are you telling this to me specifically?
She's a fictional character, that situation would never arise.

yeah that's.... that's pretty much it in a nutshell.

No I mean why are you telling this to me specifically?
She's a fictional character, that situation would never arise.

So? I'm addressing what her character would do. I'm pretty sure everyone knows it's a fictional show.

So? I'm addressing what her character would do.
It just seemed like you were telling me this personally to scare me, like I should stop talking shit about Revy because she's a super dangerous gunslinger. Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I don't see any other reason why you would make that statement about her out of nowhere.

Last edited:
It just seemed like you were telling me this personally to scare me, like I should stop talking shit about Revy because she's a super dangerous gunslinger. Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I didn't see any other reason why you would make that statement about her.

You really over analyze when it comes to chatting about things. Eat more vegetables.

You really over analyze a lot of things when it comes to chatting about things. Eat more vegetables.
Im not usually like this, I guess I'm just getting really irrational over my hatred of Revy.
By the way I'm a vegetarian, I eat enough vegetables.

Last edited:
Saw the episode of Space Dandy. The ending was just priceless.

That was a very entertaining episode with the fast paced and crazy race.

The Prince is the epitome of a bishe lol with sparkles everywhere and even has his own robot/meow counterpart (who is space Mickey Mouse). Bunch of references everywhere. Lost it at the suggestive yaoi moments. Dandy has last resorts within his last resorts. Apparently a gorilla in the race was the most craziest thing according to the announcer. That ending was some Akira level random which came out of nowhere, but funny nevertheless. You can tell they had fun making this episode.

Eager for the next episode and judging on the preview things are slowing down a bit now.

Reactions: SkullMan
I knew I was gonna enjoy this Dandy episode. Next one looks like another serious episode

Wow...that...ending to Space Dandy was completely unexpected...

Why is it that 2 animes this week have mind fucked me (KLK being the first)

Reactions: EA575
Gewdbai, Jojo SAO!

Gewdbai, Jojo SAO!
But season 2 is being made. And if I remember hearing some japan sales numbers right, of all the dengeki stuff, only Raildex is more popular.

This madness isn't disappearing, but it is taking a break.

But season 2 is being made. And if I remember hearing some japan sales numbers right, of all the dengeki stuff, only Raildex is more popular.

This madness isn't disappearing, but it is taking a break.
I meant for Toonami, unless they pick THAT up.

They probably will. Season 1 did decent enough ratings wise for that time-slot.

I still think I'm owed an apology from all the haters of SAO. From all of the bashing I saw on the internet, I was expecting something offensive and insepid, not something I'd end up kinda enjoying which probably pisses me off more as a result. That's false advertising.

(Okay I'm mostly joking with that comment but still I do think the haters exaggerated how bad it was just as much as the fans defending it exaggerate how good it is. I've seen better but I've seen worse. Definitely not the most terrible thing Toonami has aired in its life)

again, that stuff people complained about wasnt anywhere near the level of that scene from blood +. people just made a mountain out of a molehill

I think I've said this before, but I guess most of the hate--at least from me--comes from the fans. They keep expressing how SAO is best series ever and has no flaws at all. They're completely ignoring the blemishes in this show and only looking at the positives.

I think I've said this before, but I guess most of the hate--at least from me--comes from the fans. They keep expressing how SAO is best series ever and has no flaws at all. They're completely ignoring the blemishes in this show and only looking at the positives.
Sort of like Cerebella fans.

Don't lump me in with the haters, I did kinda like SAO enough to read the light novels when they hit the West (or have they already and I just missed them?). Even if the end got kind of "keep that away NTR stuff away from me" and there were a few asspulls, it was entertaining when I watched it last year.

I just wanted to see more of the worlds that we saw and I already pointed out a couple things I would've liked to have seen. I mean, it's a freakin' MMO based anime, they could have literally used all 20 something episodes just exploring SAO alone (or cut down the ALO arc an episode or two to make way for another SAO episode). But the end product felt rushed and not very fleshed out. If this next season is just as rushed, I probably won't watch it.

I should also point out that I really didn't care if Kirito was OP but I did want to see him do more quests just to see *some* growth on the game's terms. I guess this falls under the "I wouldn't have minded more filler" part of the above paragraph.

I just wish we could have a new .Hack// series in response to SAO. I love The World and all the designs and deep dark mysterious stories surrounding it.

What's the matter, am I wrong?
rfaxeOP.png