• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Under Night In-Birth developers interested in adding a Skullgirls character to the roster!

Well, that's quite surprising.
Moé Big Band, please?

I still can't believe they added an Akatsuki character. I had to look up what that one was, lol.

I really hope we get UNIB in a format we can play in the west eventually - I really like the designs and gameplay I've seen. They got a lot more polished since MB.

...Hrm, who would they add from Skullgirls though, that is an interesting question.

It is awesome and I can't wait for the console release!!!!

I hope Lab Zero sees this thread! Hopefully they can reach out to French-Bread and come to some sort of agreement!

This game will have my money if Cerebella is the guest character

Reactions: Huesoman
Will these games ever make it to NA in any form? If not, why should I care?

Melty Blood was, so I'd think so.

I hope they use the same VAs if they manage to get the rights. It'd suck to see the character with a radically-different voice actor.

They pretty much confirmed a Steam release for UNiB, so thats why I'm hecka hyped. Melty Blood HD for steam too would be too amazing.

It's probably cuse I'm biased for my main girl, but I think they should use Filia, however in terms of that games art style, I'd either want Filia, peacock, double or Marie to be there choice, but that's just me ^^

What is this game for currently? I know it's not on consoles, but is it on PC? Or is it arcade only?

Arcade only atm iirc.

What is this game for currently? I know it's not on consoles, but is it on PC? Or is it arcade only?

They've hinted pretty strongly that they might be going for a Steam release - I remember PS3 was being debated but I don't know if that went anywhere. It's currently arcade-only though.

given that PC is where Melty started, i'd think unib has a better chance than most fighting games to get on steam.
This game will have my money if Cerebella is the guest character
i sorta expect it'd be filia. she's the face of the franchise pretty much.

and i doubt lab zero, being that they take so much effort and care in designing character moves, would allow any sort of NPCs to get a fighting debut before they get in the into an actual game they made. so i'd only expect one of the original 8 cast members.

They should put Umbrella in as a joke.

1. She's definitely moé
2. It would be freaking hilarious to see her debut in the wrong game.

In all seriousness I'd actually hope for Double if they do ever add a Skullgirls character. I would love to see her with a mock moveset of the UNiB cast.

Whoa, Steam version pretty much confirmed? Me likey. Okay, I'm hyped.

1. She's definitely moé

I'm down with this idea, actually. I guess when it comes to the current cast though, I'd be interested in seeing anyone but Filia make it, though Filia's probably the most likely choice due to being the main character and everything.

Whoa, Steam version pretty much confirmed? Me likey. Okay, I'm hyped.

I'm down with this idea, actually. I guess when it comes to the current cast though, I'd be interested in seeing anyone but Filia make it, though Filia's probably the most likely choice due to being the main character and everything.

I doubt it. Filia is one of the oldest and most developed characters, but Peacock is without a doubt the most popular of the vanilla roster if only for her design. I'm pretty sure it's going to be her.

I'd like that. I'd like that A LOT.

Question is, who's the most popular SG character in Japan? Anyone still got those character poll results from the IGG surveys? Didn't they do a "by country" filter?

I'd like that. I'd like that A LOT.

Question is, who's the most popular SG character in Japan? Anyone still got those character poll results from the IGG surveys? Didn't they do a "by country" filter?
I think it goes without saying that the most popular Skullgirls character in Japan is Marie.

My bet (assuming this happens anyway) of the character they would choose as a guest would be either:

Filia- Main character, considered face of series, nuff said

Peacock- Arguably the most popular character overall.

Marie- Really popular SG character in Japan according to CyberFront despite being an unplayable boss and French Bread loves maid fighters.

Yeah, I was thinking Marie, too. She is super popular in Japan.

I wouldn't mind who got in. I have my favorites but the entire cast kicks butt. The funny thing is, when I saw Akatsuki was in the roster, I joked "Cerebella will be in by 2015" (just thought of a random character for the purpose of the joke), then I found out they actually do want a SG character... I just about dropped a brick.

Under Night In-Birth by it's gameplay looks like SNK's last blade games that is by no means a bad thing!
last blade games were some very awesome games.

p.s. the real looking backgrounds in the game at first sight seem to not belong but after a minute or 2 it is very impressive the way the background flows.

curious to see how the char will make the art style transition.

really curious.

Any artist want to try it?

Of the nine playable Skullgirls characters, I feel Parasoul fits in with UNiB's "sleek"-looking character designs the best. Krieg also has a good balance between working as a conventional weapon comparable to some of the ones in UNiB, while still being outlandish enough to well-represent some of the more cartoonish fighting styles found in Skullgirls. I think Parasoul would be a good balance of not being intrusive to the other game's style, while being the best to show off Skullgirl's style, both visually and in terms of the combat.

Oh wait, she's a charge character. Better put in Filia instead. :(

Reactions: Cybermanworf
Annie would fit in well too now that I think about it. She is an eyepatch wearing little girl with Sword+Bunny so she passes the audition in an aesthetic sense if you compare the usual character themes in Melty/UNiB. Highly doubt she would get in since she never even appeared in actual SG game besides in cameo billboards.

1. She's definitely moé

In all seriousness I'd actually hope for Double if they do ever add a Skullgirls character. I would love to see her with a mock moveset of the UNiB cast.

^^^
But I can see Val making it in this, I'd want Fortune or Marie to get in though

I thought the most popular characters, according to IGG Poll results, were in this order: Peacock, Ms. Fortune and Valentine?

My money is still on filia, peacock, double, valentine I suppose or marie.

I feel one of those 5 has the best shot at getting in.

I'd put the chance of Marie, Umbrella, or Annie making an UNiB appearance before being playable in their own series at exactly zero.

I'd put the chance of Marie, Umbrella, or Annie making an UNiB appearance before being playable in their own series at exactly zero.
yeah that's my thoughts on this exactly.

anyway, has anyone ever asked french-bread what the heck does "under night in-birth" even mean? :confused:

yeah that's my thoughts on this exactly.

anyway, has anyone ever asked french-bread what the heck does "under night in-birth" even mean? :confused:

It's like the bible, it means whatever you want it too!

Last edited:
That theme could fit anyone, not just Marie. It IS the main Skullgirls theme, after all.

Im betting on Filia.

Omg.....
OMG
I Was already hype for this game omgomgomg. And NOW THEY ARE ADDING A SKULLGIRL CHAR TOO?
Eff Lynne....

Take my money Under night in birth

I feel the need to reiterate this: I really hope it's anyone but Filia.

...having said that, it's probably gonna be Filia.