• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Unpopular gaming opinions

my favorite type is bug type
What sort of no taste sack of shit doesn't agree with you?
Bug type has Heracross. That automatically makes it the best type.

Command & Conquer 4 had some very good ideas that should've been a part of something else instead of the last Tiberium game.

Playstation All-Stars was a better game than Smash Bros.
Any and all of the Smash Bros.

It had gameplay that could be geared towards both competitive or casual players and wasn't really afraid of either playing the game.
It explored crossover elements and interactions like the rival battles and the concept of two series' clashing for stages was a great ideal that was done really well.
Character representation was really good, aside from characters like Parappa (and even that could be somewhat justified) nothing felt very Sakurai'd for the sake of a moveset like some of the attacks added as late as Brawl did.
That and the fact that you could turn off stage hazards as well as items was a really neat plus.
The only problems with the game were that it lacked a lot of star power and actual Playstation All-Stars (damn you Activision) in lieu of characters put in solely for the purpose of advertising, it was a 4-player platformer party fighter which caused a lot of people to instantly reject it as Smash Bros. rip off, the creative team went under partway through development meaning the promise of future DLC was dashed, and it didn't have any DmC stages.
I get the feeling the team didn't want to do any more DmC representation than they had to (lol at Dante's alternate costumes) but the environments and music was some of the few good things about DmC.

Stuff about skies and rims, also

Although, what's with the comparison to JRPG's? Skyrim is pretty much the opposite of a JRPG (as far as the RPG genre goes.)

I have to admit, I am an action junkie-instant-gratification-need-my-fix-NOW sort of gamer. I love action games, and fighters, and I play in short bursts. Pretty much the only series I have patience for is Zelda anymore, so I need to establish that before I go on.

As for Skyrim not being empty I guess I have to agree, but it feels empty to me because I never knew where to go when I played, who to talk to or what to do. Maybe I'm an idiot who needs to be led around the nose constantly, but that was me.

Yes mods are pretty cool bu it's the base game what matters to me. If that doesn't appeal to me the mods won't help much.

SO MUCH TALKING AUGH LET ME KILL THINGS. Basically.

The combat is really bad, like... there's no kind of feedback. I seriously cannot tell when my weapon contacts with something, there's no visceral feedback of any kind. It's baaaad. The enemy doesn't flinch or anything like you'd expect someone to when they take a battle axe to the face.

Also the only comparison I intended to make between Skyrim and JRPGS was that they both were indeed RPGs, that was it. Anything else was unintentional.

I had a whole bunch of stuff I wanted to post here next time it was bumped, but I forgot most of it.

I do remember that I wanted to say that I hate the boss weakness mechanic in Mega Man. It's just really dumb to me that they provide a way to bypass (sometimes in the most stupid way possible, trapping a boss in the corner over and over with a weapon that stuns him for example) what is THE most fun and enjoyable part of the game. Every single Mega Man game I end up intentionally doing buster/saber only against the bosses, because the boss fights are just not fun if you just get to stunlock them over and over.

Also, personally I think a lot of people play games, "wrong" for lack of a better word. That is to say, they just playthrough once, and move onto the next game without looking for any deeper nuance or replay value to the game. To be sure, not all games are that deep or enjoyable enough to warrant a deeper look, but many games can become a whole new experience by playing with a higher goal in mind (speed running, 1cc, no death clear, high score run, etc.). For example, imo if you haven't tried for a low death run on Rogue Legacy (clear from new game data with as few deaths as possible, probably under 5 or so) than you haven't played the real Rogue Legacy.

Not to say there's anything wrong with not pushing your skills or playing more casually, but I feel like a lot of people don't even have a concept of deeper value to games and just play them as these popcorn experiences to be thrown away when done. It's like, imagine if people didn't realize that there was actually PVP in fighters and just played them to run through arcade mode once for the story or something.

Last edited:
Reactions: Error Macro
saying that people are playing a video game wrong is probably one of the most pretentious things you can say in regards to video games

maybe I wanna gun my way through a metal gear game
then fuck you
i'm gonna gun my way through a metal gear game

maybe i wanna use only Bug types in my team in pokemon
then fuck you
i'm gonna use only bug types in my team in pokemon

and even then
some people just play games recreationally, to have something to do, and have no greater desire to play games on a deeper level than what they feel is fun or comfortable. Are these people wrong in what they do? Are they somehow inferior to you in how they play games? Are they somehow incorrect in enjoying games as a present form of entertainment rather than something that must be enjoyed for years and years?
No. Of course not. That kind of idiotic thinking is some of the most pretentious and elitist kind of garbage you can spout in regards to gaming. What matters isn't someone playing the game to its absolute maximum or understanding every intricacy of the system. It's whether or not they're able to find fun in the game, be it through what is laid out before them or in their own way.

So saying that someone is "wrong" for how they're enjoying something is a gigantic pile of bullshit.

Peace out *drops mic*

lots of misinterpetation and egregious name calling

Hey, cool it. Did you not read this part?

Not to say there's anything wrong with not pushing your skills or playing more casually

It's totally fine to play a game however you want. There are lots of games I play casually even though they have greater depth.

I'm just saying, I feel like a lot of people don't even have a concept of playing non multiplayer games on a deeper level.

When I say "wrong" (as I said, for lack of a better word), I don't mean there's anything wrong or bad with playing that way. More accurately I mean that I think that many players don't seem to think it's even possible for single player games to have deeper value. If you realize they do, and still just prefer playing them once and not really digging into the depth the game offers, that's totally fine. But like I said, I just feel people don't even realize that depth is there 90% of the time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shooon
I do remember that I wanted to say that I hate the boss weakness mechanic in Mega Man. It's just really dumb to me that they provide a way to bypass (sometimes in the most stupid way possible, trapping a boss in the corner over and over with a weapon that stuns him for example) what is THE most fun and enjoyable part of the game. Every single Mega Man game I end up intentionally doing buster/saber only against the bosses, because the boss fights are just not fun if you just get to stunlock them over and over.
You probably won't believe me, but I was JUST thinking about posting my dislike of the Megaman boss weakness system, but for a different reason.

The problem, to me, is that it places an arbitrary gameplay difference between your first playthrough of a Mega Man game and your preceding playthroughs. On your first playthrough, you will not know the weaknesses of the Robot Masters, and you will try to guess what beats what, with varying levels of success. On your second playthrough, you will know all of the weaknesses, and play with this in mind as you go through the Robot Masters in an appropriate order.

I don't feel more "skilled" knowing the weaknesses on my second playthrough; I just feel like I remembered what beats what. I don't even feel skilled figuring out the weaknesses on my first playthrough because the weaknesses tend to feel quite arbitrary ("why does Bomb Man beat Guts Man?").

i just think of it as a way to circumvent bosses you might not like to fight
or to make a total mockery of them

not like anyone's forcing you to use the weaknesses or anything
just do what goes with your flow, man

Like I said, I usually just play buster on all playthroughs.

Also I demand an apology from Ruin for his dumb misinterpretation fueled rant.

you ain't gettin' jack, honey.

There's nothing wrong with not wanting a deeper experience out of a video game
a lot of people are plenty comfortable just playing from game to game without a care in the world for whatever depth may be laying underneath the surface.
and if that's how they like to play, then that's fine.

They're games, after all. You don't need to to treat them as some be-all end-all entertainment form whose depth needs to be appreciated by EVERYONE.
some people just wanna play ball in the park, some people wanna go pro.

just go with your flow and don't disrupt the flow of others.
Because my flow ain't your flow and your flow ain't my flow
and we just gotta flow where we flow without flowing into the flow of others.
You dig?

Reactions: Denizen
There's nothing wrong with not wanting a deeper experience out of a video game

Can you even read?

Not to say there's anything wrong with not pushing your skills or playing more casually

It's totally fine to play a game however you want. There are lots of games I play casually even though they have greater depth.

It's totally fine to play a game however you want. There are lots of games I play casually even though they have greater depth.[/quote]

Just reread my last post. As I said, you completely misinterpreted what I was saying and just went on a rant about something completely different.

I have to admit, I am an action junkie-instant-gratification-need-my-fix-NOW sort of gamer. I love action games, and fighters, and I play in short bursts. Pretty much the only series I have patience for is Zelda anymore, so I need to establish that before I go on.

As for Skyrim not being empty I guess I have to agree, but it feels empty to me because I never knew where to go when I played, who to talk to or what to do. Maybe I'm an idiot who needs to be led around the nose constantly, but that was me.

Yes mods are pretty cool bu it's the base game what matters to me. If that doesn't appeal to me the mods won't help much.

SO MUCH TALKING AUGH LET ME KILL THINGS. Basically.

The combat is really bad, like... there's no kind of feedback. I seriously cannot tell when my weapon contacts with something, there's no visceral feedback of any kind. It's baaaad. The enemy doesn't flinch or anything like you'd expect someone to when they take a battle axe to the face.
Honestly I usually start off a new skyrim character by completely ignoring my map and just wandering around. I have a mod that starts you somewhere entirely random rather than making you go through the shitty helgen origin thing, and it's very random, and before I've gotten to my first town I've done at least something notable most of the time. It might be just not noticing caves or bandit camps or whatever, but I've found it's very difficult to walk around and not encounter anything at all.
I understand the bit about mods, like I said it's kind of annoying to have to manage all of them but at the same time the game goes from good to amazing with them installed so if the mods make a big enough difference I'll definitely count that as something that "matters to me." I've bought entire games specifically to mod them (looking at you, arma 2.)
The combat definitely gives you feedback. When you hit an enemy they flinch and they stop their current attack. That doesn't change the fact that for the most part melee combat is block then attack to win, though.

Agree with some bosses, disagree with others. Sometimes it's an instant win and sometimes it's clever. I dislike it when it makes the entire boss fight unlosable or allows you to win by flailing around without bothering to dodge at all, and I hate it when the boss's weakness has absolutely no base in logic (did you know that ninjas are weak to roundhouse kicks?) but in some cases I like it. I think Megaman X does it better, though.

You probably won't believe me, but I was JUST thinking about posting my dislike of the Megaman boss weakness system, but for a different reason.

The problem, to me, is that it places an arbitrary gameplay difference between your first playthrough of a Mega Man game and your preceding playthroughs. On your first playthrough, you will not know the weaknesses of the Robot Masters, and you will try to guess what beats what, with varying levels of success. On your second playthrough, you will know all of the weaknesses, and play with this in mind as you go through the Robot Masters in an appropriate order.

I don't feel more "skilled" knowing the weaknesses on my second playthrough; I just feel like I remembered what beats what. I don't even feel skilled figuring out the weaknesses on my first playthrough because the weaknesses tend to feel quite arbitrary ("why does Bomb Man beat Guts Man?").
I like knowledge-based progression like that. Maybe not in megaman particularly, but in general it can be done very well. In particular I like how a DayZ veteran basically acts like a woodsman that licks his finger and puts it up in the air and miraculously knows exactly where to go.

Also, personally I think a lot of people play games, "wrong" for lack of a better word. That is to say, they just playthrough once, and move onto the next game without looking for any deeper nuance or replay value to the game. To be sure, not all games are that deep or enjoyable enough to warrant a deeper look, but many games can become a whole new experience by playing with a higher goal in mind (speed running, 1cc, no death clear, high score run, etc.). For example, imo if you haven't tried for a low death run on Rogue Legacy (clear from new game data with as few deaths as possible, probably under 5 or so) than you haven't played the real Rogue Legacy.
Ah, so since I never played the game in a way that was completely unintended by the developers I never played the real game.
Or, like, I've played cave story on hard and beat hell, but I didn't play the real cave story because I didn't play a no items run. Seriously, self-imposed rules are not the "real" experience, in fact they're the opposite of the real experience, they're an experience that you came up with.
I agree with ruin, that's really pretentious of you.

Hey, cool it. Did you not read this part?
I'm not sure you've ever seen someone act like a dick, but when someone acts like a dick and then add a part at the end that says "I'm not a dick" it usually doesn't negate the part just above that where they are clearly a dick. It's saying like "no offence but..." It's never going to affect whether or not that offends someone. I mean you did very much say that they're playing the game wrong in the first sentence of your post, no amount of "but not really"'s is going to obfuscate that.

Reactions: Denizen and Ruin
Ah, so since I never played the game in a way that was completely unintended by the developers I never played the real game.

Maybe I phrased things poorly, but think of it in terms of fighting games. There's nothing wrong if you only play Blazblue for the visual novel story mode, that's cool. But if someone walked up to you and acted like that was all there is to it and didn't even know it was possible to play the game in pvp, that maybe they hadn't gotten all they could out of the game? Whether or not it's true (maybe they just like reading), they are at the very least, unaware of a sizable part of the game.

Sure, if they like story mode better, that's fine. But like I said, what I feel is that many people just don't have a concept of playing certain games on a deeper level.

That's how I feel about a lot of really good single player games. There's so much depth that many people leave unexplored, and it's fine that they do. But it seems like many aren't aware it's even there or don't look for it.

I'm not sure you've ever seen someone act like a dick, but when people act like a dick and then add a part at the end that says "I'm not a dick" it usually doesn't negate the part just above that where they are clearly a dick. It's saying like "no offence but..." It's never going to affect whether or not that offends someone. I mean you did very much say that they're playing the game wrong in the first sentence of your post, no amount of "but not really"'s is going to obfuscate that.

Like I said, "wrong" was a poor choice of words because I couldn't really think of anything more accurate. As I said, I just feel a lot of people see the idea of playing a single player game competitively or on a deeper level as something extremely alien and impossible, and just treat games as bubble gum/popcorn experiences to be thrown away when done.

not that there's anything wrong with playing a game once and being satisfied. But I think more people should at least know that it's possible to get more out of a game.

TBH I think you and Ruin just saw "wrong" at the top of the post and skimmed through the rest.

the "real" experience, in fact they're the opposite of the real experience, they're an experience that you came up with.

Depends on the game. Some games are balanced extensively around achievements like this, and actively encourage you to go for them. Furthermore, if you're goal is simply to play the game that was always there but play it "perfectly" than I don't see how that's a different game than what the developers made...it's just playing the game they intended perfectly.

Also you could argue that the Marvel Vs Capcom 2 that got played for ten+ years is not the game the developers had in mind when they created it, since almost everything that makes the game what it is at high level play was completely unintentional. But perhaps that's a completely different discussion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Error Macro
Skyrim should be judged by its core gameplay. Saying "I have a mode that does this." only hurts your argument. Am I supposed to judge arma based on arma? Or dayZ? Of course you judge it for arma, just like Skyrim should be judged based on the complete package, nothing more nothing less. I can say that I didn't care that whenever I hit an enemy in Skyrim with most weapons and they just sit and take it unless I do some,critical.

Maybe I phrased things poorly, but think of it in terms of fighting games. There's nothing wrong if you only play Blazblue for the visual novel story mode, that's cool. But if someone walked up to you and acted like that was all there is to it and didn't even know it was possible to play the game in pvp, that maybe they hadn't gotten all they could out of the game? Whether or not it's true, they are at the very least, unaware of a sizable part of the game.

Sure, if they like story mode better, that's fine. But like I said, what I feel is that many people just don't have a concept of playing certain games on a deeper level.

That's how I feel about a lot of really good single player games. There's so much depth that many people leave unexplored, and it's fine that they do. But it seems like they many aware it's even there or don't look for it.
It's completely different, though. There is a big button in the menu of blazblue dedicated to multiplayer. The entire game is balanced from the ground up as a multiplayer game. Self-imposed rules are just arbitrary things you come up with to make a game harder; they are not accepted by the game, they're something you brought into the game to make it more entertaining to you.

Depends on the game. Some games are balanced extensively around achievements like this, and actively encourage you to go for them.
Except in your example, rogue legacy, that is very clearly not intentional, and the devs likely designed the game around dying a lot all things considered.
In the case of, say, shmup scoreplay, I can kind of see where you're coming from (although the "wrong/right" way to play the game as well as "real game" are both absolutely horrendous ways of wording it.)

Like I said, "wrong" was a poor choice of words because I couldn't really think of anything more accurate. As I said, I just feel a lot of people see the idea of playing a single player game competitively or on a deeper level as something extremely alien and impossible, and just treat games as bubble gum/popcorn experiences to be thrown away when done.

not that there's anything wrong with playing a game once and being satisfied. But I think more people should at least know that it's possible to get more out of a game.

TBH I think you and Ruin just saw "wrong" at the top of the post and skimmed through the rest.
See, but that still kind of sounds condescending. Like "you get the popcorn experience while I get the truly tasteful one."
I don't think you're trying to be condescending, but you're still wording it really really condescending.
And yes, I read the whole post.

Skyrim should be judged by its core gameplay. Saying "I have a mode that does this." only hurts your argument. Am I supposed to judge arma based on arma? Or dayZ? Of course you judge it for arma, just like Skyrim should be judged based on the complete package, nothing more nothing less.
This is such an unfair way to judge games.
If a game has extra content, then that is a plus. In all forms. Inconvenience/expenses factor into how much of a plus that content is, but these should ALL affect your judgment of a game. This is the greatest failing of gaming journalism today; they review the vanilla game and pretend like the evolution of a game doesn't count for anything.
For an example that hits home, even after skullgirls gets every character that it's going to get, there will be hundreds of reviews online that complain about how it only has 8 characters.

It's completely different, though. There is a big button in the menu of blazblue dedicated to multiplayer.

And there's a big button for single player in Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, but any review or understanding of the game that doesn't acknowledge its multiplayer aspect is certainly lacking something.

And believe me, there is no shortage of reviewers who judge fighting games based on amount of single player content.

Except in your example, rogue legacy, that is very clearly not intentional, and the devs likely designed the game around dying a lot all things considered.

Actually, personally I think they balanced it for both. On the first time playthrough, it might seem impossible, but if you come back to the first loop of the game after understanding how all the stats and castle stuff works, you'll find it's really, really, really more fair and balanced than you might think. You can be about as powerful on your fifth child as you can on your fiftieth if you know how to balance stats properly.

It also helps that the game claims to be a roguelike hybrid, but doesn't really play anything like a roguelike at all when played normally. Trying to low death run the game on the other hand, feels much much truer to the dungeoncrawl/roguelike feel.

And lastly, as I said, trying to low death the game isn't so much a "different game" as it is trying to play the game the developers created...but perfectly.

See, but that still kind of sounds condescending. Like "you get the popcorn experience while I get the truly tasteful one."
I don't think you're trying to be condescending, but you're still wording it really really condescending.

I don't see how my wording outside the original post contributes to it, but that's not really what I mean (I don't think one is more objectively tasteful than the other, but like all things they are simply different tastes altogether that will appeal differently to people). Many people might think of the Blazblue example that way since playing it as a fighting game can be very enjoyable long term...but hey, some people just don't like competition or fighting, and prefer story. That's totally fine for them. They're probably having just as much fun as everybody else.

Everyone plays for fun, after all.

I know this is a touchy subject. A friend of mine wrote a very long article about understanding shmups, and he had to use 3-4 entire paragraphs to basically say as delicately as possible "it's technically a self limitation but if you play on one credit you'll probably get more out of the game and most people agree it's more fun. NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH DOING OTHERWISE OK."

I just hope you realize that what you may have thought I was saying was not my intention. I simply hope that in the future people don't come to believe that PVP multiplayer games (or massive amount of scale/content like mmo's/skyrim) are the only games with true difficulty, depth, or replay value.

People should give:
BattleFantasia
AquaPazza
Arcana Heart
ChaosCode

A chance. .-.

I love playing all four of those games.

I've only played Battle Fantasia and Arcana Heart out of those four, but they are really great.

Last edited:
People should give:
BattleFantasia
AquaPazza
Arcana Heart
ChaosCode

A chance. .-.

Still waiting for the Chaos Code netplay patch to come out. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: guypercinn
People should give:
BattleFantasia
AquaPazza
Arcana Heart
ChaosCode

A chance. .-.

I'm actually interested in Chaos Code, but no netplay and no European version yet.

Gameplay should always come first, before aesthetics, story, dialogue, the core gameplay should above all be the factor

This. Oh my GOD so much this.

I just hope you realize that what you may have thought I was saying was not my intention. I simply hope that in the future people don't come to believe that PVP multiplayer games are the only games with true difficulty, depth, or replay value.
I completely understand what you mean, you just sounded kind of rude when you said it.

Gameplay should always come first, before aesthetics, story, dialogue, the core gameplay should above all be the factor
You're making the assumption that all of the parts of a game exist in a vacuum.

Reactions: Denizen
I completely understand what you mean, you just sounded kind of rude when you said it.

Well like I said, poor choice of wording, in the beginning at least. I guess I will blame the fact that I've often heard "playing it wrong" and "the REAL game" used in conversations of many games, so that wording at least was floating around in my head.

Even though this is kinda my personal preference, something in my gut somewhere kinda thinks this isn't the case for everything though.

I mean obviously you want a game to not be boring, even if your favorite thing about it is the story. But depending on the genre or game I could see some sacrifices being made for story or aesthetics. Most of the time this shouldn't be necessary though.

It kinda depends on what you want. Say you have two versions of the same fighting game. Only thing different is one has better music/aesthetics, and the other is slightly better balanced. You might argue that the emotional reaction the music/aesthetics makes the first one better, but at the same time there are of course going to be days when you just wanna play the best possible multiplayer scenario with friends and can compartmentalize the character designs and put on a custom soundtrack for the music.

I said this before, but my philosophy is that having aesthetics working together with gameplay is good but doesn't necessarily make a game "better". Better music sync might make a fight more "dramatic" but it won't make it more "balanced". A good story might make a fight more "emotional" but it won't make the gameplay more "strategic". If you have to choose between these, even if it's just a slight difference, than it really depends on what you're looking for. This is why I think the "would you play x better game over y game if it had stick man graphics" argument is valid.

Last edited:
Vis Novs are the one true path.

I don't think Mario is as good as most people think it is at all.

Persona 1 and 2 SHHEEEIIIITTTTT on 3 and 4 in terms of characterization and story.

Reactions: Squire Grooktook
I quite enjoy the Final Fantasy XIII series
I think that Grand theft Auto V was the most overrated thing ever
I don't think that sonic unleashed was as bad as people make it out to be

Persona 3 and 4 are for mark ass tricks who don't even dungeon crawl.

Persona 3 and 4 are for mark ass tricks who don't even dungeon crawl.
I like my dungeon crawlers to be like the Sims because I'm an ass trick.

This is such an unfair way to judge games.
If a game has extra content, then that is a plus. In all forms. Inconvenience/expenses factor into how much of a plus that content is, but these should ALL affect your judgment of a game. This is the greatest failing of gaming journalism today; they review the vanilla game and pretend like the evolution of a game doesn't count for anything.
For an example that hits home, even after skullgirls gets every character that it's going to get, there will be hundreds of reviews online that complain about how it only has 8 characters.
620529-my_mind_is_full_of_fuck.png

a fucking MOD is not the same thing as a fucking ADD-ON!

squigly wasnt made by some dude who made her in his own free time!

A GAME SHOULD BE JUDGED ON WHAT IT'S SHIPPED ASS! NOT THE FUCKING MODS THAT SOME DUDE BUILT IN THEIR FUCKING FREE TIME THAT A DEV TEAM NEVER THOUGHT TO DO AND DEEMED THE GAME FIT TO SHIP OUT AND BE SOLD AT THE FULL PRICE TAG! GOD FUCKING DAMMIT!

As much as I enjoyed Persona 4, I personally found all the "reveals" to be really underwhelming and anti-climactic for all the build up they received. Given all the dark cosmic revelations in the mainline series and the trippy Matrix bullshit in Digital Devil Saga, I was expecting the truth behind the Tv World to be something mind blowing like a government illuminati conspiracy to kill god or the work of cthulhu or some wacky bullshit. After all that build up about "the truth" and all that, was kinda disappointing when it was just

"so there's this evil cliched demon/spirit who came out of nowhere and is gonna destroy the world and stuff like every rpg ever. Oh, and the tv world is the collective unconscious which you probably figured out a year ago. Better go beat up that demon lady now. And don't forget your handy deus ex machina beam!"

I guess what annoys me most about it is that it doesn't really effect the main characters that much. There's not really much to react to.

Also I feel like the "you're not me" thing with the shadows got old and super predictable halfway through (they even had to lampshade it a bit by the time you reached Naoto). Kinda wish they had different situations for each character or something smarter like that.

Still love the game though.

Last edited:
Reactions: DDB
I liked Persona 4's lack of focus on saving the world and more on saving everyone around you....

Less is more sometimes....

Yeah, the personal parts were the best.

You youngins and yer social links.

Reactions: iLoli and klaww
a fucking MOD is not the same thing as a fucking ADD-ON!

squigly wasnt made by some dude who made her in his own free time!

A GAME SHOULD BE JUDGED ON WHAT IT'S SHIPPED ASS! NOT THE FUCKING MODS THAT SOME DUDE BUILT IN THEIR FUCKING FREE TIME THAT A DEV TEAM NEVER THOUGHT TO DO AND DEEMED THE GAME FIT TO SHIP OUT AND BE SOLD AT THE FULL PRICE TAG! GOD FUCKING DAMMIT!
...except mods add to the value and quality of the game, so yeah, a mod is essentially the same thing as an add-on. I don't give a shit where it came from if it's new high quality content. Like I said the value is a little less than free DLC simply because modding your game can be a bother if only a small one. If you can perhaps argue against that instead of smashing the caps lock button and making big text to show that I've ruffled your feathers, maybe we could have a discussion about it.
And you don't think that it takes effort to make a game moddable in the first place?
The thing is, games change, they get new content, they get better, people add their own things to them, people change them to fit their tastes, they evolve without ever needing a sequel and we still judge them like the thing we get on launch day is the thing it's always going to be. It's fucking stupid, and it's the greatest failure of gaming journalism.

eikichi is the best persona character
shades hitler is better than regular hitler
The DDS duology are my favorite SMT games

Reactions: iLoli and DDB
I'd prefer social links over first person dungeon crawling with a shitty map system and demon negotiations that should stay in mainline SMT games and never be brought up again in a Persona game.

...except mods add to the value and quality of the game, so yeah, a mod is essentially the same thing as an add-on. I don't give a shit where it came from if it's new high quality content. Like I said the value is a little less than free DLC simply because modding your game can be a bother if only a small one. If you can perhaps argue against that instead of smashing the caps lock button and making big text to show that I've ruffled your feathers, maybe we could have a discussion about it.
And you don't think that it takes effort to make a game moddable in the first place?
The thing is, games change, they get new content, they get better, people add their own things to them, people change them to fit their tastes, they evolve without ever needing a sequel and we still judge them like the thing we get on launch day is the thing it's always going to be. It's fucking stupid, and it's the greatest failure of gaming journalism.
so by your logic, all companies should say "hey, look at this guy who made our game better by himself without any budget and only his free time that we couldn't be bothered to do ourselves!"
that sounds like developers would get tons of love from publishers and their company owners. Nintendo should totally use project M for their marketing department. share holders would loooooooove it.

yeah, no thanks. I'm gonna judge a game based on what the dev and publisher deemed acceptable to sell me at the price they chose to sell it to me. if that dev wants to make add-ons, be my guest. I will judge the add-on seperately from the game. but I won't judge them both as a single unit.

well it's not like persona even has demons any more
it's all metaphysical psychological bullroar now

you can't even get them with your ability to dance crazy anymore

Reactions: DDB