• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Valentine Combo Thread

I'd been curious for a long time and I got it to work after a few helpful hints. Situational as hell, requires a counterhit, a lvl 3 vial, a corner and 5 bars. You won't be landing this in a real match. This was just me wondering if it was possible.

Solo v Solo Touch of Death:

yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Does anyone have a Squigly specific combo? I use pretty basic universal bnb's and I find even those way too erratic on that character. Forgive my laziness but I assume others have had this problem as well, and I bet their combos are a lot better than whatever garbage I would make up.

you can get the same combos to work on squigly by delaying your aerials and letting your airdash come out a little bit first -- esp. with j.mp that likes to drop if she's too high since the lower half of her hitbox is so far back

just vary the timing to troubleshoot a particular drop, use slowmotion + hitbox display if you still have trouble

Reactions: Iphantom
Not sure if this has been done yet and the followup isn't good because I have a headache and don't feel like trying

Looks nice but it is too unreliable.

Timing to do scalpels is too strict.
Mortuary drop has almost no uses besides being an (obvious) reset.
It's good once or twice on blockstrings, but it's less reliable than Bella's grabs because of startup.

Which combos are actually different? I looked at like 3-4 of the midscreen ones and they're the same.

Lights are different from Para/Bella/BB/Dubs.

Alright.

The combos do have timings I'm certainly not used to though, especially on j.HP j.MP j.HP rejump j.HK for mid screen (first loop) and the j.HP j.MP j.HP s.HK call bomber s.HK

why couldn't you have posted this a year ago ヽ(゚д゚ )ノ

It's not like you were using any of them when I went and stole all of them from match videos. ◔◡◔

Reactions: gllt
Mike asked me if I was done inflating my head yet but the answer was 'stop shaming my fetishes' so here have more Val combos and maybe find out good uses for them
I mean this is a cool starter right?? You can decide to side switch. Maybe you want to side switch. Cause corners.

Reactions: Colossi
For those cross resets on the beginning, wouldn't be better an orange vial?

Sure, but then the video title would be inaccurate.

jk, of course you can do that, whether its better is the question, orange vial gets mashed out a lot, at least for me.
With green vial theres at least the chance that you hit them out of whatever theyre mashing, if they are at all, since the window of non-hitstun is shorter

I think only for some 96 > j.hp crosses. If you do it right, you can probably jump over their mash (unless it's bog bing, because fuck SSJ). Orange vial is good, but just for specific situations.

sadly, you wont jump over mash with orange vial, most reversals will still hit you, as mashing is practically unaffected by the lag

So...
Early OTG corner combo
7.5k ~ works on lights and double, so I think it's universal ~ 1 bar, no vial
Timing on lights is kinda weird because of height, but you get used to it.
c.lk c.mk(1) s.hp xx H Bypass
c.mk(1) c.hp
[j.lk (1)] j.hp IAD j.mp (1) j.hp
j.lp j.mp j.hp (delay a little) IAD j.mk (try to do this as close to the ground as possible, but avoid falling/dropping)
s.lp(x3) s.lk s.mp(x2) c.mk/s.mk s.hp xx H Bypass xx Flatliner

Observations:
• The j.lk (1) is only to use on lights. Keeps them lower and makes the j.mk and s.lp(x3) easier to hit. j.lp keeps them even lower and easier to hit, but j.lk (1) deals more damage than j.lp. Don't do any of these on heavies, since they are fat.
Doesn't matter between c.mk or s.mk. They do the same damage, so go for whichever you are more used to.

EDIT
Did a heavy combo Works on Double and Bella, so I assume works on BB, Eliza and Parasoul too. This one may or may not have vial, yay!
8.6k with vial, 7.7k without.
c.lk c.mk(1) s.hp xx H Bypass
c.mk(1) c.hp
j.hp j.hk IAD j.mp (2) j.hk
j.mk j.hp xx H shuriken toss/vial toss
s.lp(x3) s.lk s.mp(x2) c.mk s.hp xx H Bypass xx Flatliner

Mediumweight changes
• j.mp (2) to j.mp(3)
• Delay the j.hp a little
• H shuriken toss because of angle. L will whiff. Didn't test M, but do H just to be sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: gllt and CaioLugon
@Camail heyy apparently the link is broken to my post explaining the bnb's execution. could you fix this or put/paste it on the OP?

Then have some more!

And this one is just for pure fun.

hello
i was playing with this and i didn't really test it out too much so idk if it's reliable or if it even works consistently but i'll just leave it here
(needs H Hornet Bomber assist)

c.LK c.MK c.HP
j.HP j.MP(3) j.HK rejump j.LK j.MP(3) j.HK
land HKx2 (call hornet at first HK) xx purple vial
s.HP xx flew shot
s.LPx3 s.MP c.MK s.HP xx savage L -> flatliner

tested on a 1.30 damage multiplier, did around 10.1k damage

(also nice combos ther Slyzor)

Last edited:
universal? what version of bomber?
also, you can do s.HP xx H bypass even without OTG available. Flatliner will hit before the OTG is popped.

universal? what version of bomber?
also, you can do s.HP xx H bypass even without OTG available. Flatliner will hit before the OTG is popped.

Oh whoops forgot to put its H hornet bomber
Didn't really test it out too much, like I said I was just playing with it, all I know is that it works on Parasoul and I don't think it works properly midscreen.

thanks for the tip though :D

Did a different combo, that it's fairly easier and deals 10.3k on 1.3 ratio using M bomber. 8.2k on 1.0 ratio. Works in everybody.

c.lk c.mk(1) s.hp (call bomber when it hits) xx vial load
c.hp
j.hp IAD j.mp(1) j.hp
rejump j.lk j.mp(1) j.hp IAD j.mk(2) xx vial toss (try to do the vial toss as close to the ground as possible)
s.lp(x3) s.lk s.mp(9) c.mk s.hk(x3) xx H bypass xx flatliner

also, vid

Last edited:
Reactions: BeachedTeaspoon
Nice, I played around with this slightly more damaging variant that only works on heavies(? i think). Pls forgive if it's not viable/practical, I'm still kinda noobish.

c.LK c.MK(1) s.HP (call hornet) xx purple vial
c.HP j.HP j.HK IAD j.MP(3) j.HK
rejump j.LP j.MP(3) j.HK IAD j.MK(2) xx flew shot
s.LP s.LK s.MP(9) c.MK s.HK(x3) xx H bypass xx flatline

On 1.3 ratio it does 11.1k or so, and I think it does around 8.7k on 1.0 ratio.

Can everyone post their burst bait combos for Filia/Lights?

I know a few but they have difficult timing, was wondering if there's something easier.

Midscreen
c.lk c.mk c.hp
j.hp IAD j.mp(1~2) j.hp
j.lp j.hp IAD j.hp
c.lk c.mk c.hp
j.hp IAD j.mp(1~2) j.hp
j.lp j.mp(1) j.hp IAD delayed j.mk j.hk (only the second hit will hit)
backjump j.lp

Corner
c.lk c.mk c.hp
j.hp IAD j.mp(1) j.hp
j.lp j.mp j.hp BIAD back double jump j.lp

Reactions: ashxu
figured out a baby mode burst bait in the corner against filia

launch j.lk j.hp iad j.mp j.hp j.lp j.mp j.hp jump back j.lp

make sure filia is still in the air at the j.lp burst, otherwise it will whiff

you can directly follow up with air hk bypass otg if they burst

j.hp works too but idk whatever is easy for you

Midscreen
For the mid screen one you probably already know this but if you do s.lp after the j.mk into launch you can jump back j.lp and it will still work, imo it's easier but i suppose it won't work unless the other guy is mashing incredibly hard

Last edited:
Yeah, I didn't put because it's pretty obvious, like the max undizzy c.hp backjump j.hk on the corner. You only do when you are certain someone will mash.