• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Waifu Wars: The Movie: The Game: The Book

Should I continue on with my idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

XthAtGAm3RGuYX

GOOMBA STOMP!!
Reaction score
Steam
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
XBL
MJR Poltergeist
Squigly Ms. Fortune
Hello friends. Some of you may have already seen it, but back during Waifu Wars 1 & 2, I used to give dramatic interpretations of the current events in the IRC chat. A little while ago, a newbie to these parts asked about waifu wars and I tried to recreate these interpretations. I will spoiler the recreation at the end of the thread so I can get to my point instead of slapping you with a great wall of text. After posting the recreation, a handful of people wanted more, and I was instructed to take my verbal stylings elsewhere because I was derailing the shit out of the thread. So I'm basically asking if you guys would want to see a long-ish fan fic rooted in the Waifu Wars lore. Characters would be named after SkullHeart members during the time, and would reflect their main allegiance to a vote character. Im not going to spill too much on how the plot will work, lest another author steal my idea. It will be crafted in a way so that it makes sense as a massive war story, but also shows it's origins in the bloody waifu wars. Im really asking because as I said, I will likely make the story fairly long and I will probably post it in the lore section and link this thread to that. I don't really want to pour a bunch of time into this to only have 5 or 6 people read it in the long run. It will be my first ever attempt at writing a fan fic, and as you can see my grasp of the English language is not an issue(It's the only language I speak after all). So after reading the recreation below that got me in trouble, share your thoughts on whether you would want more. Keep in mind that it is very compressed and I wrote it in about 40 minutes.

Finally, throw any suggestions you have at me, and what actual existing members you would want to represent a vote character. For instance, DDB would most likely be leading the "Coalition of the Stars", which is the in story manifestation of those who wanted Annie to win the vote. Remember though, not everybody will get an actual part in the story, as I can only logically fit so many characters into speaking roles. Also, character that didnt get very far or had very little support will likely be represented by factions who get straight up destroyed in the beginning. Thanks for reading. Thanks +1 if you share feedback.

"In the beginning, we all had a single cause. One that brought us together, and caught the eyes of bystanders far and wide. Side by side with our fellows, we fought against the tyranny of Konami and brought about our own change to the game we loved so dearly. Triumphant, at the end of the 31-day battle, we had taken our goal and completely overwhelmed it. Grinding it beneath our boots like dead leaves in fall. To the victors go the spoils, as many former warlords would so proudly say. But what happens, my dear reader, what happens when the spoils to be gained are many, and only two treasures can be chosen? Civil War.

The moment of victory and camaraderie was sweet, but all too brief. For the outcome had left us with a decision to make. But as fate would have it, not all had agreed. We all wanted a specific treasure from this wealth of possibilities. Would this decision be made through words alone? No. Divided and confused, these former brothers in arms fought against one another. They picked one of dozens of newly found factions, and fought tooth and nail for what they believed was the only good outcome. These factions fell in mass, and in rapid succession. They fell so swiftly in fact, that if you were there to have witnessed the bloodbath of the first Waifu War, you could have sworn they fell on a weekly basis without fail. These factions pulled every favor they were owed, used every tool they had, fought with every weapon they could craft, all for the singular purpose of furthering what they thought was right. There were no reservations. No holds barred. No regrets. No mercy. This, THIS, was the purest essence of war. Some even formed uneasy alliances with those that would have slain them for even the tiniest glimmer of hope that they would win. Until eventually as all wars do, this war came to an end. Many moons have passed since these times, and not even I remember the names of these two factions. Only the emblem on the banner of which they so proudly flew above their camps have been recorded. One was that of a wolf. The other, of a pyramid.

The battleground eventually came to be known as the "SkullGirls IRC". Nowadays, not many will roam to these parts. Purely from the sheer history of the terrible things that had happened there. In other parts of the world, memorials have been made for the fallen. These memorials are still attended to by the survivors of the Waifu Wars. Though they have laid down their swords, they still deeply believe in what they once fought for. And given the opportunity, they would surely do it again. One can only hope that such atrocities shall never occur in our lifetime."

I also want to note that the plot point of deciding on a treasure being what spurs the war, has already been tossed out the window. I have a much better plot device decided on as of now

For those who ACTUALLY voted Waifu Wars? out of curiosity, would you like an explanation? Or did you press it just because?

Last edited:
I'd like to point out the inaccuracy of Eliza having a faction. Hers were more a silent group that simply assassinated all hopes and dreams.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
I'd like to point out the inaccuracy of Eliza having a faction. Hers were more a silent group that simply assassinated all hopes and dreams.

Just because it would be a present force in the war, does not mean it would have to be loud and upfront about it. But im grateful for you just giving me an idea.

I remember Eliza lovers being blatant and existent? I didnt really think Eliza fans were quiet with their opinions

My Roxie... :'(

My Roxie... :'(
She made it to a 2nd round didnt she? 2nd round characters get more of a dignified death. Those who consistently didnt survive the 1st round though..........not so much. Gotta make it interesting

can the waifu wars battle ground be Eliza or beowulf's stage? or some reference to the waifu wars

can the waifu wars battle ground be Eliza or beowulf's stage? or some reference to the waifu wars
I'm actually going out of my way to make a super ham fisted name for the battle ground. I am straight up going to call the location "IRC". Perhaps I'll write something that takes a jab at SkullHeart being down during the entire thing. I got a few ideas for that.

The time period itself is leaning towards a more Medieval setting though. With Swords, Shields, Honor, and all that stuff

Reactions: Denizen and Arcana
I don't think she made it to the second round, but I'm not really sure, you'd have to look that up yourself. :((((((

here are the results for reference then
Character Vote 2: Aggregate Character Ranking
第2目キャラクター投票:総合キャラクターランキング

1. Beowulf
  2. Minette
  3. Annie
  4. B. Dahlia
  5. Isaac
  6. Aeon
  7. Stanley
  8. Panzerfaust
  9. Feng
  10. Venus
  11. Marie
  12. Scythana
  13. Molly
  14. Umbrella
  15. Brain Drain
  16. Taliesin
  17. D. Violet
  18. Ileum
  19. Roxie
  20. Beatrix
  21. Mrs. Victoria
  22. Leduc
  23. Adam
  24. Hubrecht
  25. Andy
  26. Hive
  27. Ottomo
  28. Samson
  29. Yu-Wan
  30. Regina
Top 3 Characters
トップ3のキャラクター

11038 votes : Beowulf
9439 votes: Minette
9415 votes: Annie

With the conclusion of the second character vote, we’re now ready to reveal the full results of both character votes!
第2目のDLCキャラクター投票が終了しましたので、両方のキャラクター投票の全ての結果を報告したいと思います!

Character Vote 1: Round 1
第1目キャラクター投票:ラウンド1

26.6% : Eliza / イライザ
24.7% : Isaac / アイザック
24.4% : Annie / アニー
23.6% : Minette / ミネット
23.3% : Stanley / スタンレー
21.7% : Aeon / エイオン
21.1% : Panzerfaust / パンツァーファウスト
20.8% : Beowulf / ベオウルフ
20.3% : Venus / ヴィーナス
20.1% : B. Dahlia / ブラック・ダリア
18.8% : Feng / フェン
15.5%: Marie / マリー
13.8% : Molly / モリー
12.6% : Brain Drain / ブレイン・ドレイン
11.8% : Umbrella / アンブレラ
10.6% : Scythana / サイサナ
9.3% : Roxie / ロキシー
8.1% : Mrs. Victoria / ヴィクトリア先生
7.9% : D. Violet / D・ヴァイオレット
7.8% : Taliesin / タリエシン
7.2% : Samson / サムソン
7.1% : Beatrix / ビアトリクス
6.2% : Hubrecht / ヒューブレクト
6.1% : Leduc / レデューク
5.7% : Adam / アダム
4.7% : Ileum / イレウム
4.7% : Yu-Wan / ユーワン
4.5% : Andy / アンディー
4.4% : Hive / ハイヴ
4.0% : Ottomo / オットモ
2.5% : Regina / レジーナ

Total Votes / 投票総数 : 12012

Character Vote 1: Round 2
第1目キャラクター投票:ラウンド2

25.3% : Eliza / イライザ
23.5% : Minette / ミネット
23.1% : Annie / アニー
22.7% : Isaac / アイザック
22.6% : Beowulf / ベオウルフ
22.1% : Stanley / スタンレー
20.5%: Aeon / エイオン
20.3% : Panzerfaust / パンツァーファウスト
19.9% : B. Dahlia / ブラック・ダリア
18.6% : Venus / ヴィーナス
17.7% : Feng / フェン
15.2% : Molly / モリー
13.6% : Marie / マリー
12.4% : Brain Drain / ブレイン・ドレイン
12.0%: Scythana / サイサナ
10.7%: Umbrella / アンブレラ

Total Votes / 投票総数: 11180

Character Vote 1: Round 3
第1目キャラクター投票:ラウンド3

31.0% : Eliza / イライザ
28.1% : Annie / アニー
27.9% : Minette / ミネット
24.2% : Aeon / エイオン
24.1% : Beowulf / ベオウルフ
21.9% : Isaac / アイザック
21.9% : Stanley / スタンレー
20.8% : Panzerfaust / パンツァーファウスト

Total Votes / 投票総数: 11249

Character Vote 1: Final Round
第1目キャラクター投票:最終ラウンド

30.9% : Eliza / イライザ
25.5% : Annie / アニー
24.3% : Minette / ミネット
19.4% : Aeon / エイオン

Total Votes / 投票総数: 11202

Reactions: XthAtGAm3RGuYX
My waifu... she didn't even make it past round 1... :(

brbdaisypushingmyself

My waifu... she didn't even make it past round 1... :(

brbdaisypushingmyself
No she was 19th in the 2nd poll. Thats not a first round cut

you should also add in the skullgirls tumblr thread in there as a different battleground.

I voted "Yes" for two reasons.

1) This interests me.

2) Fanfiction is an ARRRRRRT!!! (dramatically wraps scarf around neck)

you should also add in the skullgirls tumblr thread in there as a different battleground.
Im not really familiar with that one. Only the few select pictures that came up in IRC. I'm only familiar with the nastiness that went down in IRC

2) Fanfiction is an ARRRRRRT!!! (dramatically wraps scarf around neck)
I tried to find a gif for that and came up short. Forgive me

I distinctly recall the final nail in your girl's coffin being gleefully hammered by your new buddies.

I remember Eliza lovers being blatant and existent? I didnt really think Eliza fans were quiet with their opinions
We didn't bother with IRC. Oujo-sama can only be praised in locales that are worthy of her glory. And much unlike "The Little Loudmouths That Couldn't", we never bothered engaging with other factions, be it belligerently or for seeking alliances.
Our only concern was with our Oujo-sama, everything else is but shadows and dust. Her glory forever be praised!

( XthAtGAm3RGuYX, I feel I might have put you in the spotlight by asking that question. I don't know if I should apologize or...? <:3 )

Last edited:
The Roxie faction died a bit. Lemme go try and reviveitbrbguys.

All is forgiven. After all, is it not the unwritten law of the internet that, if there is not a gif for it, there will be one in the future? :)

I didn't
iErUd51pFWagr.gif

Edit: oops, I meant "I didn't" in the I could find it sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Denizen
Im not really familiar with that one. Only the few select pictures that came up in IRC. I'm only familiar with the nastiness that went down in IRC
basically people proclaiming Isaac would win because he could see into the future, people putting down other characters because they werent science sharks, people flat out declaring Aeon had already won, and a total butthurt whining about how Eliza would be broken and then proceeding to be angry about how the IGG was handled and being a butthurt in general.

it sucked pretty hard.

I vote yes because this is an awesome idea.

The Big Four of the first round:

2vnhq2s.jpg

Don't forget about us, the silent legion. Aeon followers will triumph someday! See you soon, Goddess of Time.

Yeah but the only factions that had any power going on were Annie and Beowulf.

I dutifully served under lieutenant Ottomo. Then under colonel Taliesin. Then under general Black Dahlia.
I've seen my commanding officers die one by one, despite the bravest attempts of the armies they led.
After all the demise I've witnessed, I am now dead inside myself, a hollow shell of a once great man.

I've seen my commanding officers die one by one, despite the bravest attempts of the armies they led.
Dahlia's demise was a red herring. Because, you know...priority line.:PUN:

Yeah but the only factions that had any power going on were Annie and Beowulf.
I'll have you know the Andy factions had and still has power. especially on tumblr I assume it's cause they just really like a man in gym shorts

Reactions: DDB
A manvil, you mean.

Reactions: jam1220
Minette legion was way more powerful than Annie's and Beowulf's at some time. They were the true enemy :PUN:

The Minette fandom was more like the giant everyone bullied into submission, kinda like Gulliver being poked by the Lilliputians.
One day, they will lose their shit. They'll all grow stubbles, cigars, eyepatches and mullets overnight and go ham on everyone.

Reactions: Caleb
We're strong. We're hidden. We're stylish.
You don't fear us. You don't expect us. But be warned.
One day the Ottomo horde will strike.
And nothing will be the same.

ottomo___skullgirls_fanart_by_yordanslavens-d6i61u2.jpg

I gave him some support. Ottomo is amazing.

Reactions: Undeadtoon
We fought valiantly and accepted our loss with grace. Such is the Minette Force's way of dealing with loss. The Annie Legion were quite the handful, but I remember butting heads with the Scythana thread in ye ol' Skullheart before The Great Deletion.

Besides the obvious, I wanted Isaac and Molly really bad. Ottomo seemed cool too. Smooth Criminal lean as a move (maybe for push block or something)? Hellz yeah, man.

Honestly Minette's faction should be called a school.

The Minette fandom was more like the giant everyone bullied into submission, kinda like Gulliver being poked by the Lilliputians.
One day, they will lose their shit. They'll all grow stubbles, cigars, eyepatches and mullets overnight and go ham on everyone.
I am not so sure about that. We were the target of insults, death gifs, death threats, death threat gifs, insult gifs, insult threats, death insults, and the slightly less common insulting threat gif deaths, but we stood our ground and continued our support of the character, and do so even now. I have every bit of faith that the entirety of the Minette Defense Force will continue to keep its collective composure and be respectful towards the other characters' fandoms.

Although, occasionally poking fun is fine, so long as it is tasteful, so I will feel no shame in annoying @DDB every once in a while. I haven't even done so on the Annie thread as of yet.

Away from Minette (and that one star girl thing no one remembers), I was really hoping to see either Panzerfaust or Issac get in, as they were a FREAKING TANK FIST and a very unique and innovative gameplay system, respectively.

because it's full of kids?

I think he was going for the "school of fish" pun. If not, meh.

Honestly Minette's faction should be called a school.

Would that make the Annie group a cluster?

I find that most of my Minette-smacktalk is in good taste, these days.