• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Waifu Wars: The Movie: The Game: The Book

Should I continue on with my idea?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I personally think this needs a theme song, just for fun. Y'know, shits and giggles. :)

Reactions: SHODAN
I've never actually read any of the Game of Thrones books. Or is that style of story telling represented in the show as well? I havent watched the show either >.>

The following is copy-pasted from Wikipedia and trimmed by yours truly. Hopefully this can be of some help.

Narrative Structure
The books are divided into chapters, each one narrated in the third person limited through the eyes of a point of view character. Each POV character may act from different locations. Beginning with nine viewpoint characters in A Game of Thrones, the number of POV characters grows to a total of 31 in A Dance with Dragons; the short-lived one-time POV characters are mostly restricted to the prologue and epilogue. David Orr of The New York Times noted the story importance of "the Starks (good guys), the Targaryens (at least one good guy, or girl), the Lannisters (conniving), the Greyjoys (mostly conniving), the Baratheons (mixed bag), the Tyrells (unclear) and the Martells (ditto), most of whom are feverishly endeavoring to advance their ambitions and ruin their enemies, preferably unto death". However, as Time's Lev Grossman noted, readers "experience the struggle for Westeros from all sides at once" so that "every fight is both triumph and tragedy [...] and everybody is both hero and villain at the same time".

Modeled on The Lord of the Rings, the Ice and Fire story begins with a tight focus on a small group (with everyone in Winterfell, except Daenerys) and then fans into separate stories. The storylines are to converge again, but finding the turning point in this complex series has been difficult for Martin and slowed down his writing. As the sole author, Martin begins each new book with an outline of the chapter order and may write a few successive chapters from a single character's viewpoint instead of working chronologically. The chapters are later rearranged to optimize character intercutting, chronology and suspense.

Both one-time and regular POV characters are designed to have full character arcs ending in tragedy or triumph, and are written to hold the readers' interest and not be skipped in reading. Main characters are killed off so that the reader will not rely on the hero to come through unscathed and instead feel the character's fear with each page turn.

The unresolved larger narrative arc encourages speculation about future story events. Events planned from the beginning are foreshadowed, although Martin pays attention to not make the story predictable. The viewpoint characters, who serve as unreliable narrators may clarify or provide different perspectives on past events. What the readers believe to be true may therefore not necessarily be true.

Reactions: Caleb and Denizen
Based on that first paragraph, it seems like I unknowingly wanted to create a Game of Thrones clone :/

Maybe I should actually investigate the series to improve my own execution :PUN:

Reactions: Denizen
I guess it's a inevitable coincidence given the theme of several factions duking it out for a "prize".

If you want to get an idea of the series without having to read the books or watch the television adaptation, the Wikia has a very extensive coverage of the characters, world and events as well as detailed summaries for both books and episodes:
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Main_Page

Reactions: Denizen
Dont want to say too much about it, but the whole prize thing from my OP isnt a plot point any more. More like competing for a social status to be incredibly vague about it.

Struggle against Konami is part of early context

Reactions: Balder
When you tell the tale include that I blindly followed the Annie faction not knowing of the battle that was ensuing. I lost my daughter I lost my arm, I lost my complete skullgirls story. I support Annie but I was but a man simply wanting to see some serious Moe Moe Giga Star Cruiser gameplay

Whenever there's flashbacks to the Waifu Wars, all I can imagine is Purple Haze playing.

Actin funny, but I dont know why

Also, I hang my head in shame and admit, that a lot still has not been completed at the moment. Been actively pursuing this post office job, and in the meantime, my financial situation got me pretty anxious which is a hell of a writers block. But I do think of shit in the car while im driving. Mostly action/death scenes and ways to explain stuff/give context. I thought of something really cool for Eliza that I might use as the reason why the war came to an end, and it made me start thinking of ways I could incorporate the actual characters into the action.

Though lo and behold, this is precisely the reason I did not give a completion time frame lol