• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

What's your favorite animation in Skullgirls?

Yeah I just saw the new ceracopter myself and I died on the inside
Well after some minor research the only things that gonna change are the ass shot of cerecopter and (probably) Filia and Fukua's forward knockdown.

So Im not gonna throw a bitch fit unless they do something drastic like beat Valentine's cleavage or Squigly's curves to death with the nerf bat.

Reactions: Magma442
Okay let's not say this. I'm sure Lab 0 would feel bad if they saw this (I'm sure they will) and it's not something the community can do anything about, so I think we should adapt to it.

Be grateful we only lost a couple of panty shots or something

Be grateful we only lost a couple of panty shots or something
This can definitely be taken out of context ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Reactions: HeadcrabNinja
lol at people being upset about the loss of a few panty shots. I'm happy with the change, because the ones that got removed felt forced anyway.

Reactions: Denizen
Are you all seriously dissapointed with these changes?
I would have never noticed the specifics of this unless someone pointed it out.

And all the "original" sprites are staying in the sprite compendium? So, we'll always have the animated gifs.

Someone did make gifs, right?

:PUN:

I bet if Beowulfs booty got censored denizen would be dissapointed

Joking, I'm joking.

Reactions: ACreationist
I'm glad the old stuff was censored.

I'm glad Beowulf got jiggle.

Last thing to be said about this. Im not disappointing because of the censors but im more wondering why exactly. there's way worse shots in the game (and in story mode). for example that 1 frame of Val's counter is pretty risque.

LYiTr.png

Just seems odd is all to censor it this way late in development. I guess for Filia it could be considered offensive since shes 16...but there's all still way worse shots (Eliza's ending).

Reactions: tibarion
Hey, he's a national hero/TV star/role model. He's gotta keep it PG.
Just seems odd is all to censor it this way late in development.
Hold up, that's not the reason why. From the Beta thread I linked earlier, render from the past, I summon theeee
Okay, let's get this over with before you guys start to freak out as though something much more significant is going on here.

The edits, made exclusively to Filia/Fukua and Cerebella, were not made to appeal to a ratings board or anything like that. The desire to make the changes was internal, and it was cleared with the artists and everyone on the team is cool with them.

Our public stance with regard to panty shots and the like within the game has always been something along the lines of "well, they're sexy girls, and they're fighting. If one of them is wearing a skirt, you're bound to see some panty. We're not trying to hide it, but we're also not going out of our way to show it either."

There were a handful of animations - which I will not spend time enumerating just to sate your curiosity - that we felt went against that, because they seemed like they did go out of their way to flash some panty, and we wanted to fix them. These animations were made waaaay in the beginning of development (Filia was the first character ever made for Skullgirls, remember!) and these animations wouldn't have been made the same way if they'd been animated today because our standards have evolved.

This is not up for debate. The changes are staying and there aren't any more coming. We're not trying to significantly alter the game, because as some have already pointed out, there's plenty of other stuff in the game that's more racey than what was edited.

Yay!
That should explain everything.

Think of it as artistic improvement rather than censorship. Refinement they wanted to do. The amount is quite small too. Like 20 frames out of 15,000. Needles in a haystack.

And, uh, to stay on topic of animation, I gotta mention how much I love the new taunt animations (not in the DAC yet so here's some links):
UitWsmL.gif

Yeah I always figured that if the team were to reanimate the entire game, earlier animations in characters like Filia, Painwheel, Parasoul, Valentine, etc. would look different.
I think the biggest differences we would see in the story modes and stages though.

Almost every post you make addresses something sexual, can you please tone it down a bit???
I know I'm not the only one who's noticed this.
Im not gonna keep a promise I cant make happen. So no, no I wont.

Reactions: tibarion
Majorgalaxy has angered the Wulf...you never anger the Wulf.

Majorgalaxy has angered the Wulf...you never anger the Wulf.
I tend to piss everybody off even when dont mean to.
Live fight when.
Now when you say live fight. Do you mean like a FT 100 in skullgirls or an actual fist fight?

Because I suck at both.

Now when you say live fight. Do you mean like a FT 100 in skullgirls or an actual fist fight?

Because I suck at both.
Both at the same time.

Put up suggestive pictures of Squigly to distract him.

He's not Lockjawsaga...oh wait that can't be used anymore...let's please move on. Speaking of Squigly my favorite animation of hers is obviously the raging demon.

Some animations that i like.

I really like Fukua's Drill blockbusters, the air and ground ones.

Also, i never played Robo Fortune, but that animation of her entering self destruction mode (i assume it is that), is very well done.

Eliza, when she uses that attack that sh makes a pose, and reveal part of her skeleton.

Cerebella, when she uses her super command grab, i really like the end with the sword.

Also, Peacock's level 3, the slow walk, with the explosion, so badass.

In general while i don't like the idea of Parasoul and Eliza using outside help, i really like the soldier that jumps to protect Parasoul, and also the divekick from Horus.

Last thing to be said about this. Im not disappointing because of the censors but im more wondering why exactly.
[snip]
Just seems odd is all to censor it this way late in development.
I said this a bunch of times:
We had it on the list forever, because some older animations were not up to the standards we eventually set for ourselves. We didn't have time to fix them until the cleanup artists weren't working on new characters.

@CountofBleck I went ahead and spoiler'd your image post. It seemed pretty chunky, to the point that firefox had a small hitch scrollin' over it; If you're not gonna use webm's, http://gfycat.com/ or some other thing, Please spoiler big large images! Thanks

WebM's can't be embeded on SkullHeart, right? Is it possible to make it so they can be? Who do I ask that?

I rather like Beowulf's lvl 3 animation. Like, how does he drink a whole gallon of milk in 3 sips? Is he not using a whole gallon? Why carry around a big jug if it's only got a little bit of milk? These are important questions.