• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

What's your favorite animation in Skullgirls?

All of Painwheel's animations are so visceral.
On that same note I think my favorite is PW's thrown on install. She is not satisfied in slamming your head into the ground, no no no, she also has to pierce a GIANT FREAKING NAIL through it. Not to mention the sound that it makes. So awesome.
PW grab on install.png

Reactions: jam1220
Everything about Painwheel makes me wince and cringe in disgust.

Reactions: ACreationist
Everything about Painwheel makes me wince and cringe in disgust.
Yep, but that's one of the things that got me hooked on this game. Artistically, I really admire the coherence of her design: an entire character themed around brutal pain and suffering.

Double's intro, and the 3 Painwheels already posted are my favorites, along with these.

pw01.jpg

pw02.jpg

pw04.jpg

pw03.jpg

Yep, but that's one of the things that got me hooked on this game. Artistically, I really admire the coherence of her design: an entire character themed around brutal pain and suffering.

Yup, that's why I love her. For those that haven't figured it out, the 'Ceno' in my screen name is short for Cenobite. Though Lab Zero says that Painwheel color 3 is original, I'll always think of it as skinless Julia from Hellraiser II.

23.jpg

I also forgot to mention...
image.jpg image.jpg
The Best Thing about Painwheel is that behind all the suffering and brutal pain, is a small girl. A small girl behind a mask,Mental and Physical Conditioning and Pain. That's why Painwheel is one of my favourite characters.

Everything about painwheel, but there's also just something about Double's crouching pushblock that I love

595067875ce6ce0c4f059698350c71b9.png

Make that two things, captured this second frame on accident, it looks hilarious.

d4de6965a619a5579fb8e880b0f0b540.png

xQsRs7u.jpg

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Does this happen so fast to be seen in normal gameplay? I don't remember Valentine doing that while using her counter blockbuster.

Does this happen so fast to be seen in normal gameplay? I don't remember Valentine doing that while using her counter blockbuster.

yah it happens really fast,

It happens when she has a vial loaded.

Without a vial she just pulls out a clipboard and does the thing.

print that using one of the costumes with the full bandages as a bra

jxDjMlZtyG95r.jpg
Never noticed the cloud teleport face. As for the hammer, she's putting it back into Hammerspace. HA HA! JOKES!

Reactions: Error Macro
It would have to be cerebellas a thousands years of death or dat ass lev

Peacock's s.HP looks nice.

QmmmK9f.png

Most of peacock's animations are just awesome. I never noticed she hit herself at the end of her airgrab before seeing this thread. There are a lot of subtleties you don't notice unless you watch the game in slow motion.

Last edited:
And I'm just now noticing that there's three different Georges.

Because it's not actually fully in the game.

It would have been cool if it has been used. I remember reading somewhere that most of Double's moves are rejected animations from the original characters.

And I'm just now noticing that there's three different Georges.

She has three George attacks, after all, and there are actually four of them. Tommy is missing though.

maybe in the future it could be implemented... at least in the pc version (consoles have memory issues... makes me want to open my ps3 and solder some RAM modules on it)

Reactions: gluemchen
Painwheel's s.hk.

At first it looks like she kicks up and a spike comes out of her foot.

Upon closer examination, she kicks up, grabs her leg. Breaks it 90 degrees backwards and a spike comes from the back of her knee going straight up.

And then yesterday I noticed that there is a nice ripping sound to accompany it.

It is grotesque and awesome.

Reactions: Shooon
tumblr_myr6ekasGx1qdq0edo1_500.gif

when double does the super and I'm all like hooray you did the thing I like

A lot of Parasoul's:

This one is a favorite
tumblr_mr2j2sup081rwxvn2o4_500.png

This one looks adorable
tumblr_mu2lrmQF8v1rwxvn2o2_400.png

GET OFF MY LAWN
tumblr_mtlt08OZfs1rwxvn2o1_400.png

haha u missed
tumblr_mrfvdnD2k41rwxvn2o7_500.png

What is this weird bar in the sky?
tumblr_mrfxou9PrY1rwxvn2o9_400.png

ADAM DIDNT GIVE ME COOKIES
tumblr_mrfz5o6abS1rwxvn2o1_250.png

Why didnt I vote for Umbrella...
tumblr_mrfx6ypdCZ1rwxvn2o3_400.png

Did you step on my shoe you little shit
tumblr_mrfx6ypdCZ1rwxvn2o4_400.png

What are you looking at
tumblr_mrfu9vSr1k1rwxvn2o3_400.png

D:
tumblr_mrfu9vSr1k1rwxvn2o10_400.png

LAST ONE HAS TO BABYSIT UMBRELLA
tumblr_mrfu9vSr1k1rwxvn2o9_1280.png

are we friends now?
..no
tumblr_msqm5pwOnD1rwxvn2o1_400.png

It would have been cool if it has been used. I remember reading somewhere that most of Double's moves are rejected animations from the original characters.

She has three George attacks, after all, and there are actually four of them. Tommy is missing though.
Peacock is sitting on Tommy

Valentine's Whiffed grab. Just that "oh shit" look in her eye is adorable.

Do cut animations count? Because I am really sad that Peacock's train-summoning super didn't make it in.

Hell, I even colored a frame just for the sake of seeing this in its full glory. (Kind of.)

keatonbuster_eat.png

She eats a paintbrush. Just straight up eats a goddamn paintbrush.

Last edited: