• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

WHO THE HELL ARE YOU PEOPLE? (The Personalities Thread)

Kai

Go Home And Be A Family Man!
Reaction score
Website
www.killallinstinct.com
Steam
Kai
PSN
Night_Phyre
Parasoul Cerebella Big Band
ITT: Anything that has to do with Skullheart users and their personalities.

I was talking to somebody the other day about the difference between people's real and internet personality. Old hat, I know, but we're such a small community that I actually have a rapport with some of you, and I derive sick, twisted enjoyment from getting to know people. Deviant behavior, I know.

So, this thread isn't just to talk about yourselves, but also to talk about others and their real selves. I'll give you a couple of infuriatingly oversimplified examples:
  • Duckator. Online, I think he talks like a dick. IRL, though? Really nice kid. Friendly, if somewhat subdued. Mostly says stuff like, "why didn't you just _____ instead of _____?" when I play him, but it's never malicious, it's just the genuine confusion of somebody who doesn't understand how I can be so bad.
  • Severin. People talk like he's a douchebag, but I've never seen one post to indicate that. Don't now him personally, but I feel like I'm missing something, a joke possibly.
  • Konkrete. Extremely close to his online persona. Much brevity, such rushing, wow, so stress. He has to constantly deal with me asking to stream our 7-man tournaments, though, so I can see why he might be mildly agitated in my presence. Friendly hipster.
  • Keninblack. Based on his posting style, I assumed he was similar to my brother: white, young, frat bro-ish, possibly stoned. Saw him on the podcast and was like, "nailed it."
  • Negus Eyeol. He plays metal, so I assumed he was white. HE HAS NEGUS RIGHT IN HIS NAME.
Anyways, you get the idea. Humanize these floating avatars. Oh, as for me, I have no flaws of any kind, and am everything I present myself as (a floating outline of Cerebella).

Last edited:
I'll start off by saying I'm very energetic and childish, I like to think I'm a child at heart.
I adore and enjoy cute things greatly (But not in that way), and I'm very nice when I get to know someone, and very optimistic.
In games I have anger issues and have trouble expressing myself other than swearing.
Though I do seem to have a taste in evil and/or insane characters, why I don't know.

I like to sing. I even have a one-man band accompany me sometimes, he's really good! Although I don't think Leviathan likes him very mu...((what's that?

((...I'm not supposed to describe my avatar's character? Why didn't you tell me before I typed that out!

((I'm a bit sarcastic, and I joke a lot online. Although I do still help people that look like they really don't know what's going on, since that happens to me all the time))

Last edited:
I am actually very introverted and have an intellectual personality. I will always be nice to people but I am also very blunt which catches people off guard. I am acting silly its because I am on the internet, you are one of my best friends, or I don't give a fuck about you. I am very picky who I associate with and only have a very small group of in real life friends. Most people are generally surprised on how smart I am I find cause I usually don't talk that much or show it. I love philosophy, i collect vinyl records, and I really like video games. I find myself constantly trying to challenge myself intellectually. I am very stoic, but inside I have a lot of emotions. A lot more than the average person I would assume.

EDIT: I would also say I am just in general a very dark person. I generally just got a lot of internal conflicts.

I am actually very introverted and have an intellectual personality. I will always be nice to people but I am also very blunt which catches people off guard. I am acting silly its because I am on the internet, you are one of my best friends, or I don't give a fuck about you. I am very picky who I associate with and only have a very small group of in real life friends. Most people are generally surprised on how smart I am I find cause I usually don't talk that much or show it. I love philosophy, i collect vinyl records, and I really like video games. I find myself constantly trying to challenge myself intellectually. I am very stoic, but inside I have a lot of emotions. A lot more than the average person I would assume.

EDIT: I would also say I am just in general a very dark person. I generally just got a lot of internal conflicts.

I can't tell if you're joking or not.
  • Introverted
  • Intellectual
  • Blunt
  • Selective with association
  • Subtle smarts
  • philosophy and music
  • hold more emotion inside than most people have at all
  • dark/internal
This is like, a laundry list of the things that young males on the internet like to think about themselves. Not saying that you're not those things, but it reads almost like parody.

Shine some more light. What kinds of philosophy/philosophers do you gravitate to and how does it affect your life? What kinds of music, and why vinyl? What gives you the impression that you're smart? These are all serious questions, btw.

I'm an assman.

Reactions: Uzumakihero
I'm just this guy, you know?

Reactions: CapnWTF
on the internet I think im cool and well liked. . .

No one likes me irl though im just so impulsive but I don't mind because I have fun with the friends I some how have

I'm very vocal on here but IRL I'm super anti-social. I can be a bit of a jerk sometimes, but I do my best to try to not be. I can get way too into things and hype can be the worst thing to get me into things. I love a lot of stuff and will openly express what I hate. rarely do I get mad but when I do, I do tend to go overboard. I hate it when indie games try to sell themselves by saying "we're indie" yet I still love a fair share of indies and non-indies. I'm also a slacker and have gotten real bad about it. I also love to do voicework and hope I can be a voice actor/writer in the near future.

also again, I can be a bit of a jerk. :P just letting you know.

I can't tell if you're joking or not.
  • Introverted
  • Intellectual
  • Blunt
  • Selective with association
  • Subtle smarts
  • philosophy and music
  • hold more emotion inside than most people have at all
  • dark/internal
This is like, a laundry list of the things that young males on the internet like to think about themselves. Not saying that you're not those things, but it reads almost like parody.

Shine some more light. What kinds of philosophy/philosophers do you gravitate to and how does it affect your life? What kinds of music, and why vinyl? What gives you the impression that you're smart? These are all serious questions, btw.

Well, I am interested in existentialism. My main focus I want to have as a professor is Aesthetics and Philosophy of Art. I guess you could say I like Jean Paul Sartre and Nietzsche. I KNOW it's stereotypical but I honestly cant help myself. I don't agree with anything Berkeley says but I find him important and interesting. Philosophy generally affects my life in how I perceive what should and shouldn't be. As for daily interactions, can't say much. I just do what I want and then stick to myself so I don't have a lot of drama with other people in general I say. Philosophy is something I would say is what my mind gravitates most of the time. I relate philosophy to just about every activity I do throughout the day? For example, making those stupid videos (SG Hype 240p). What effect has internet memes had on our culture, how has it changed the way we interact, and why are we drawn to them? It's simple and unremarkable but that's one off the top of my head.

Music: Rock, Classical (Baroque, Romantic, Modern, hate classical period), VGM, some Jazz, Soul (don't listen to as much cause I grew up with it), trying to get into Drum and Bass

Why do I think I am smart? Cause barely anyone I know my age can hold up in a conversation with me about just general "serious" issues (philosophy, politics, etc.). Many adults can't keep up with me in those conversations. I am observant enough to notice people who never really paid much attention to me are generally taking aback when I start getting serious. I have learned that "Aesthetics is for the artist as Ornithology is for the birds" very quickly when trying to talk about the underlying nature of art with a lot of orchestra conductors. I find rock musicians ironically can think a little more about the social questions music can raise in all honesty.

Vinyl sounds better. That's the main reason, because its a night and day difference in realism compared to digital and I don't even have good hearing. I also like collecting the art and the packaging. Just the general intricate of a vinyl record itself is something to marvel at.

Well, I am interested in existentialism. I like Jean Paul Sartre and Nietzsche. Philosophy generally affects my life in how I perceive what should and shouldn't be. As for daily interactions, can't say much.
That's telling.

Your responses are appreciated. They do, however, fall well within the expected answers from a young, self-described intellectual. What do you think Sartre would have to say about the predictability aspect of your interests/hobbies (or anyone's, really)?

That's telling.

Your responses are appreciated. They do, however, fall well within the expected answers from a young, self-described intellectual. What do you think Sartre would have to say about the predictability aspect of your interests/hobbies (or anyone's, really)?

Probably think I'm fake, but I mean I can't do anything. When this what my interests with no real peer pressure I mean, I don't know. I certaintly not trying to be cool.

Probably think I'm fake, but I mean I can't do anything. When this what my interests with no real peer pressure I mean, I don't know. I certaintly not trying to be cool.
You like Sartre... but you don't think you can do anything?

i kunfused

Personalities are weird.

There's the me I see, the me I feel/know/believe is me despite not seeing it, there's the me others see, there's the me that no one has seen yet, there's the me that will never be seen again, there's the me seen through the lens of bias, and the me seen with preformed conceptions.

I could give you interpretations of me. I'm a dick. I'm really nice. I'm quite. I'm loud. I like Fries. I hate Potatoes. I have no clue. I have sneaking suspicions. Who knows?

I follow Plato's theory of the Forms.

I have no personality.

I don't know anything about plato other than I used to play with his toys when I was little.
play-toh-t-shirt.jpg

Maaaaan, I really don't know how to view myself. Although, I do feel like I'm an asshole just waiting to show its true colours... or not? Fuck if I know :V

I'm relatively quiet in person, but apparently I give off good vibes or something cause I make friends very easily. I'm a people pleaser, it makes me really happy to help people out, and I'm often complimented on my exemplary customer service skills and almost obsessive attention to detail. I have an above average short term memory but a below average long term memory so its not uncommon for me to forget people I knew well just a few years ago which always makes me feel horrible. Oh, and I've been accused of being a drama queen by multiple people, so its probably true.

Last edited:
I am a wide eyed idealist who wants to be a good person who is loved and adored by everyone.

I rarely take offense at anything and I try to be understanding of people.

Reactions: Calypsx
You pinned me so hard holy fuck hahaha.

Good shit.

Reactions: DDB
WHO THE HELL ARE YOU PEOPLE?
WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!?

Goddammit, threads like these make me cringe so badly! Don't trust what people say about themselves, especially on a forum, because most of the time what they say is just who they want to be and not who they really are.
Actions speak louder than words, which is why I believe it's almost impossible to truly know someone until you meet them in person and see them in action. A simple description of who you think you are will never do you justice, show the world who you are by what you do!
Despite that, I say if we're all going to use this forum together, try to be consistent. Don't use the veil of your avatar to mask who you are. Be honest with everyone, but most importantly be honest with yourself. I'd like to think that my friends here are the people I imagine them to be.

As for me, I'm not going to do something dumb like describe my personality. I'd like to think that I'm the same man in all walks of life, whether it be in the world or the web. If you want, you can all glean who I am from that.
In the end though, who you all see me as doesn't matter as much as who I know I am!

Last edited:
Hmm well let's see, I'm genuinely a pretty friendly person, however I'm often quiet and keep to myself unless it's something I feel I can add something to the conversation....so in streams and other topics if you see me floating around that's probably me just trying to see whats up and if I could join the conversation if allowed too.

I like to make friends which is why very often there's someone who makes a good topic or discussion I try to get into the discussion more since I'm usually to myself. SO I'm a quiet person when alone, but get me started and I'll have plenty to say or discuss about once I'm out of my shell.

I tend to get easily defensive when somethings brought that doesn't need to be such as insulting things I don't agree with or against me or something I like when I don't have any beef with what you or others have, but I feel people are allowed to like what they want and i respect that all I ask is you show the same kinda respect if I don't go out of my way to bash your beliefs or what you like or are into.

However I feel I get to realistic on some aspects and that's why I say I don't expect any kinda respect or non insulting comments to happen towards me or whatever I like as long as others don't like what I like or I like something they hate...*shrugs* except from a few choice people that seem friendly...that and I try to hard to rationalize things....

Does any of that meet the criteria for this thread? o3o

I'm the world's saltiest Squigly player. Dude, it's right there under my username.
I love it when I saw your comment then your avatar LOL

I'm salt incarnate
Broken_Loose is my side kick

Whatever I say about my personality is going to be different than how other people perceive my personality to be. This goes for everyone talking about themselves.