• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

WHO THE HELL ARE YOU PEOPLE? (The Personalities Thread)

I like Annie a lot I guess that's something too.

I'm whatever you perceive me to be.

introvert, gets hype for the smallest things, ask a lot of questions, laugh a lot, like challenging people better than me at sports or videogames.

thats me.

Whatever I say about my personality is going to be different than how other people perceive my personality to be. This goes for everyone talking about themselves.
Don't trust what people say about themselves, especially on a forum, because most of the time what they say is just who they want to be and not who they really are.
The way a person describes themselves tells more than the actual description they give. The answers given are valuable in and of themselves for the information they give about the person they came from.

Reactions: Calypsx
I'm Nicholas Cage.
tumblr_mhz98iMji71rou9fto1_400.gif

I'm actually meaner and more outspoken on the internet than I am IRL. I'm a bit more reserved in my opinions unless I genuinely believe someone needs to tell you that you're a retard. I'm also nowhere near as obnoxious as this name I carry around. It's just a relic from my counter strike days, and pretty much the only thing that gives me a distinguishable personality form other users on forums.

Reactions: Jutsei
I love women with large chests. Chloe Vevrier, Hitomi Tanaka, Rachel Aldana, and Sha Rizel are some models I like off the top of my head.

I like trains

This is probably relevant.

A long time ago I asked a friend of mine to write me an internet bio. He disappeared off the face of the internet for several days, than came back with...this.

"On a dark and stormy night on the 13th day of the 15th month, not but evil had been seen on this world. It was a desolate place, where none but swine and vermin flooded the lands, but luck was soon to change. A bolt of lightning slashed open the sky, and struck a fighter jet carrying a nuclear missile. The molten ball of metal fell and fell, until it reached a speed far beyond that of the most clever of light beings, and smashed into earth. The ear splitting sound of the collision lead to the loudest silence known to this new and dark world. For 7 days, nothing happened in the glowing wreck, but on the 8th day, It cracked open, and the Lords knight, Squire Grooktook, launched himself into his new world. All of the vermin sensed his creation, and knew that their time was now numbered in days. Mere moments after he emerged from this nuclear mass of war metal, The Great Knight Grooktook set on his 1000 year mission to rid the world of evil. This chapter marks the beginning of his long quest, which shall be told in the years to come. Ready yourselves, for the master is awake. "

I think that sums it up pretty well.

This is probably relevant.

A long time ago I asked a friend of mine to write me an internet bio. He disappeared off the face of the internet for several days, than came back with...this.

"On a dark and stormy night on the 13th day of the 15th month, not but evil had been seen on this world. It was a desolate place, where none but swine and vermin flooded the lands, but luck was soon to change. A bolt of lightning slashed open the sky, and struck a fighter jet carrying a nuclear missile. The molten ball of metal fell and fell, until it reached a speed far beyond that of the most clever of light beings, and smashed into earth. The ear splitting sound of the collision lead to the loudest silence known to this new and dark world. For 7 days, nothing happened in the glowing wreck, but on the 8th day, It cracked open, and the Lords knight, Squire Grooktook, launched himself into his new world. All of the vermin sensed his creation, and knew that their time was now numbered in days. Mere moments after he emerged from this nuclear mass of war metal, The Great Knight Grooktook set on his 1000 year mission to rid the world of evil. This chapter marks the beginning of his long quest, which shall be told in the years to come. Ready yourselves, for the master is awake. "

I think that sums it up pretty well.
Isn't that the plot from a popular anime?

I should hope so. If it weren't popular, that would be a travesty.
I think he removed some stuff, though. Let me see I can add in the stuff from memory:

"On a dark and stormy night on the 13th day of the 15th month (my saiyan b-day), not but evil had been seen on this world. It was a desolate place, where none but swine and vermin flooded the lands, and mom only made stupid meatloaf when I wanted hot pockets instead, but luck was soon to change. A bolt of lightning slashed open the sky, and struck a fighter jet carrying a nuclear missile. The molten ball of metal fell and fell, until it reached a speed far beyond that of the most clever of light beings (it practically went back in time, causing Japan to win WWII and spread their superior culture all over the world), and smashed into earth. The ear splitting sound of the collision lead to the loudest silence known to this new and dark world. It was totally dark. So dark. For 7 days, nothing happened in the glowing wreck, but on the 8th day, It cracked open, and the Lords knight, Squire Grooktook, launched himself into his new world. All of the vermin sensed his creation, and knew that their time was now numbered in days. Mere moments after he emerged from this nuclear mass of war metal, The Great Knight Grooktook set on his 1000 year mission to rid the world of evil. All the girls at school wanted to date him, but he was all like, "pfft, you'd never understand my dark soul." This chapter marks the beginning of his long quest, which shall be told in the years to come. Ready yourselves, for the master is awake. Yu Gi Oh club is at 4:30 in the library."

I'm probably getting it wrong. Definitely close, though, I think I missed only one or two things.

Reactions: Squire Grooktook
The way a person describes themselves tells more than the actual description they give. The answers given are valuable in and of themselves for the information they give about the person they came from.
Exactly! That's the 'Action' I'm talking about! Within the social limits of a forum and within this particular thread, what you say doesn't matter nearly as much as how you say it and why. Regardless, this is just a small part of what I was saying before, not at all the focus. My point is that your not going to know who a person is in real life without actually knowing them in real life, and even then it's difficult.
However, if you're going to attempt the crazy task of learning a person's real life personality through the internet, then you need to pay less attention to what they say and more attention to how and why they say it.

Don't obsess over words so much, find the meaning behind the words, then decide.

I'm quieter on the internet than I actually am. I usually can't seem to be able to put my thoughts into text very easily. Around my usual group of friends and family, I'm often the cheeriest person in the room. I try to look at the bright side of things, though that doesn't always show on the internet. A friend was asked to describe me once and the answer he came up with was "It's f*cking Shane" so take that however you will.

Allright, i'll bite.

I'm lazy, could sleep 16 hours every day if didn't needed to work. Eternal Casual in any game i play, but i love the lore and the moral/philosophycal implications of what happens on it. Normally tries to analyze things rationally and avoid any effort that is a lost battle or stupid without being fun.
On the rare ocasions someone manages to push my berserk buttons, i'm the first to scream and rush things, and the last to accept defeat. That includes people f*cking up my friends, family or the things i like. If you're dumb enough to do it in front of me, prepare to get a hammer down your skull or a curse up your ass.

Favorite Game Genres: RPG/Turn-based tactics/fighting games/Army destroying games (Koei's "Warriors/Musou" series).
Favorite Series:
- Shin Megami Tensei (The embodiment of almost everything i like in a game plot, scenario and atmosphere, except for the penis jokes)
- Resident evil (pre-RE4. loved the effort to make realistic cities and an almost credible pseudo-science in the whole virus explanation Outbreak File 2 is the last real RE)
- Dynasty Warriors (best title to relax. The characters are shallow, but cool. Each kingdom's ideals and character's personal dramas makes killing armies more enjoyable)
- Skullgirls (it WILL become a series eventually)
- Metal Gear Solid (all hail the political BS and ultimate dramatic scenes Kojima pull in every game)
- Alan Wake (That narrative!)
- Street fighter Alpha series (80% of the best characters and their designs were introduced there.)
- KoF 98-2002 (love the characters, Vanessa is one of the few "true adult women" in fighting games)
- Persona (it gets way too "pop" from 3 onward, but the first 1+2logy is excellent)
- Probably forgot somethin important.

Anything else needed?

I play lots of games. I try to be open to lots of different genres and types of games, as long as they seem smart and good (for lack of a better word). There are certain types of games that don't appeal to me though, like stuff based on pointing and clicking and hitscan (90% of moba's, mmo's like warcraft, etc.), RTS are fine though in that regard.

I also love 2d games. I feel that 2d games have an emphasis on precision and movement based play that give incredible depth to the simplest game systems.

I prefer combat to be based on a combination of reflexes and strategy, and I like games that emphasize improvisation over planning and static memorization. I think excitement and hype are the most important things in gameplay for me, with excitement being best brought about through challenging gameplay and penalty for failure, and hype by general resonance with the game mechanics.

Genres of choice I guess would be:

Fighting games (generally prefer air dash fighters over street fighter/kof style stuff, but I like those too)
Shmups (Used to prefer traditional style over bullet hell, but now I'm leaning towards the other way around. I still love Gradius and Rayforce though)
RTS (Only played Starcraft though unfortunately lol)
Oldschool Fps (FPS of the Doom/Quake school of design)
3d Action games (heavily depends on the type of fighting system though)
Adventure/Action Rpg (see above, also the exploration and story should also be good)
Turn based rpg/Dungeon Crawl (Assuming it's actually well designed and not just a grinder. Shin Megami Tensei and Etrian Odyssey come to mind)

Notable Games/Series:

Odin Sphere (Brilliant Concept, lacking execution, story and atmosphere make up for it though)

Gradius (I don't think there's a more perfect blend of reflexes, strategy, and variety in any single player game)

Contra (Don't think I've ever played a more driving and intense side scroller)

Touhou (I play lots of bullet hell shooters, but I particularly enjoy Touhou due to the excellent use of rng in patterns, and the creativity of patterns and level design that the series has maintained over 14 freaking games)

Shin Megami Tensei (Beautiful atmosphere, dark story with an undercurrent of hope, great game design, and a unique approach to ethics and morality in video game storylines. It's a really fucking good series)

Doom (A 3d shmup that brings together reflex based combat, strategy, exploration, secrets, and resource management together into one of the most fun games ever made)

Phantasy Star (both the rpg's and the action mmo. Great world, great gameplay.)

Kingdom Hearts (Story was good only for the first game IMO, but the gameplay and boss fights are always fantastic)

Anything by Platinum Games (best hack and slash, best shooters, best party games, pro games for pro gamers)

In that case, I get really really angry really really easily when driving.

But I love driving.

In that case, I get really really angry really really easily when driving.

But I love driving.
You're into cock torture, but you haven't found the right person to experiment with yet.

See? Like reading a book.

Reactions: Icky
I am Thou...
Thou art I...

But actually though, I'm a pretty nice guy IRL. You would probably find me playing video games or studying how to make them (its what I'm going to school for and I'm LOVING it so far).

Reactions: Spellbound
I'm a guy who likes fighting games, and I plan to make one as well. (It's not spying, shut up)
Uhhh...I'm a pretty damn sarcastic guy, so much so I can't even tell when I'm being sarcastic or not (or maybe I'm just an idiot)
I'm very philosophical in nature, but I respect all people's beliefs (except scientology, because fuck those guys)
I'm the type of guy who isn't worried about being the best, I just want to gain as much of an understanding of everything as I can.
I make weird noises without really paying attention (like "airee~" or "urururu" or "get the hell out of my fucking face before I kill you") and I tend to do this thing where I kinda pinch my lips between my teeth, it's a bad habit.
People tell me I tell a good story.
I'm slightly masochistic, but I think that's just because A) nothing phases me so I can't tell right away if I'm bothered, and B) I play a lot of videogames, so masochism comes with the territory.
Hmm...I use ellipses a lot normally. IRL and in text.
I have ADD and I procrastinate constantly (I'm doing it now)
I try to think objectively and scientifically about things. doesn't always work, but meh.
I'm actually decent at drawing but can't be bothered to make my own profile pic FOR ANYTHING.
This is actually a pretty good exercise for learning about yourself, really...I gotta do this more.
I'm somewhat frail, but through my frailty comes strength, I think...
I'm also on MUGENGuild(sup squire) but I have yet to make anything.
I think this is enough abusing myself for one post. Nice to meet you all~

Why not, right?

To understand someone without knowing them in person takes a great deal of communication over time one way or another. Be it voice / forum / text / etc: I couldn't hope to convey my life / personality with you in one simple post. But I will attempt a small overview of the high points.

Put bluntly, I'm a slacker who values work and intelligence. Two things I do not see around me on a regular basis. I try not to talk unless I have something to say or have good information on whatever subject is at hand. Even then around total strangers or even people I've seen before I am very cautious of what I say if i choose to say anything at all. That said the internet as it gives me a common medium to discuss things with people I would otherwise have no contact with at all. I've even obtained some friends there I've never met face to face, that I know better than most of my extended family.

On places where I am well known such as the Armored Core scenes I didn't get this luxury at all. When it was a tournament game I went and participated in as many as I could. Online forums / tournaments / etc: people knew me regardless if I knew them at all. A small bit of the "celeb" feeling when people would ask me out of the blue for assistance and I had NO idea who they were or where they had come from. (Especially creepy in person) Even had a small running joke because I would regularly get banned for proving moderators / admins of said forums wrong.

Around people I trust more, I'll gladly rant for a long time over anything I might be slightly knowledgeable on and attempt to discuss the finer points of whatever subject is at hand. I'm no clown, or party guy but I'm not shy either.

Things I enjoy are few and far between but suffice to say weapons in general, mechanics and "learning" of all sorts are easily my favorites. I studied martial arts for a short time then went off with help from friends who participated to develop my own (its probably sketchy at best). Mechanics should be obvious, cars / motorcycles / lawnmowers etc:. Weapons is also not a collector hobby. I used to shoot regularly and heavily enjoy looking at diagrams of things like cruise missile launching systems an watching documentaries on military equipment.

As for gaming taste. I was raised on Fighters, Shooters, and JRPG's. A lot of my gaming taste however took a very odd direction at the premise of Armored Core. Being the only mech title that was any good at the time I sunk my teeth into that like no other and it's left its permanent scars on me to this day. As for gaming preference, I like an even ground for all and dislike things like "counterbuilds" etc: in any game I play in vs. Its becoming more rampant recently which has also left me a little depressed.

and I rambled like a madman... well... there ya go.

I'm a crossdresser that like poetry and video games...

Negus Eyeol. He plays metal, so I assumed he was white. HE HAS NEGUS RIGHT IN HIS NAME.
Anyways, you get the idea. Humanize these floating avatars.
Not sure it's "humanizing" to assume something about someone's background or ethnicity based on music, myself.
I say this as someone who Marvel players assumed was a 6'5" black dude for years.

hmm...my social link on the skullheart is simple
There's Immaevilspacewhale: there are times when he pixel my stuff and we have an agreement.we both like kill la kill but I think it's for different reasons
Night Phyre: I like their music and their voice reel. Not sure if Night Phyre is the husband or wife but I like them
Dukemagnus: He talks to me...he's alright
Southpawper: saw him animate black dahlia once now I pester him about it (he doesn't talk back)
DDB: He like Annie I like Andy...alphabetically speaking having mutual connection to each other makes sense so he's ok
TheGoggleGamer: He coddles my ego and likes my stuff...he's my favorite (you all should be more like him)
Muro: I appreciate his input
Shockingdingo: we have an agreement
Lunerstep: Responds to me
Balder: We both like Eliza (we're like dlc wiener cousins)
Denzien: Acknowledges my existence
Phish Food o3o: Has my respect
Ruin: nice dude
Zidiane: Asked me that favor that time
Mike Z: Answers my questions but I don't think he registers me as reoccurring person in his life and I'm generally shocked he's older than me
there are more people but that's enough for now

hmm...my social link on the skullheart is simple
There's Immaevilspacewhale: there are times when he pixel my stuff and we have an agreement.we both like kill la kill but I think it's for different reasons
Night Phyre: I like their music and their voice reel. Not sure if Night Phyre is the husband or wife but I like them
Dukemagnus: He talks to me...he's alright
Southpawper: saw him animate black dahlia once now I pester him about it (he doesn't talk back)
DDB: He like Annie I like Andy...alphabetically speaking having mutual connection to each other makes sense so he's ok
TheGoggleGamer: He coddles my ego and likes my stuff...he's my favorite (you all should be more like him)
Muro: I appreciate his input
Shockingdingo: we have an agreement
Lunerstep: Responds to me
Balder: We both like Eliza (we're like dlc wiener cousins)
Denzien: Acknowledges my existence
Phish Food o3o: Has my respect
Ruin: nice dude
Zidiane: Asked me that favor that time
Mike Z: Answers my questions but I don't think he registers me as reoccurring person in his life and I'm generally shocked he's older than me
there are more people but that's enough for now
You Havent found all the Social Links because I'm a secret one. :^)

You Havent found all the Social Links because I'm a secret one. :^)
I'm so sowwy sano. the only social interaction we have is unreleased characters and me mispronouncing your name. I'm soooooooo sorry

Dunno... how do I come off to you guys? I can't really describe myself, the only thing that catches people off guard is when I tell them that I'm actually a guy and I'm not into girls.

Dunno... how do I come off to you guys? I can't really describe myself, the only thing that catches people off guard is when I tell them that I'm actually a guy and I'm not into girls.
I know how that goes. i hate when i have to explain to people that im a straight guy that likes to dress as a girl =/

Reactions: DanTheMeek and Φ
Online:
  • Extroverted
  • Patient
  • Nurturing
  • Protective of people I care about
  • Snarky
  • Light-hearted
  • Eloquent
IRL:
  • Introverted
  • Awkward
  • Fumble with speech; stutter when agitated to the point where I verbally "rewind"
  • Slightly impulsive
  • Self-conscious
  • If none of the above applies, then I'm a general amalgamation of contradictions.

You can switch a bunch of the non-verbal stuff from either column around, and still have something accurate. I'm as nice to people as they are to me, and all I want in life is harmonious balance.

Reactions: gllt and Spellbound