• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Blood for the Blood Goddess! Eliza BETA Gameplay Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless I am gravely mistaken, Parasoul can't get a hard knockdown without spending meter, so the investment/reward isn't there for Parasoul with hard knockdowns. It's more reasonable with other characters that can do it without spending meter.
I dnno, do untechable burst baits count as hard knockdowns?

-edit 2

B+hk is techable.

From a blue bounce? i'm gonna double check

nope, i stand corrected

Last edited:
I dnno, do untechable burst baits count as hard knockdowns?

Yeah, though wouldn't that depend on your starter and how much undizzy you've got worked up, so they're more situational rather than just "put move with slide knockdown here"?

Does this version of the super agree with you...people...better?[/QUOTE said:
Figured I'd put my two cents in about the Lady of Slaughter super (Hopefully I won't get yelled at)

I also thought it looked better being red the whole way through I'm alright with the frames being recycled but I feel it needs something to really show that it's a special.

Other then Eliza's level three it feels like her supers are just leftovers and unused animations. I don''t have a problem with this mind you I just think that the red paints a picture that these attacks are stronger then Sekhmets normal. If the red is a no go then could some flash effects from other peoples characters be used? Maybe the sparks that come out when Painwheel does her ground super.

I feel like I should mention that sound effects and voices could probably add that extra something that gives it a little more oomph. Big Band got that when he got the special sound effects for Death Toll, otherwise it would look exactly like his air grab. So I wouldn't pester Mike too much about Lady of Slaughter just yet.

To actually talk about gameplay, what have you guys found for defensive options? Upper Khat seems to be very rarely useful as a reversal. Mostly, Eliza is so tall it feels that most reversal options (even with assists) don't help a hell of a lot. Admittedly, this is with maybe a week of practice, but I'm curious what ya'll have found

It's more of an ender than an extender
It's pretty much a set up super; untechable knockdown. The damage is pretty crap....especially when scaled.

Also, I somehow forgot to check the hit type. I assumed it was hit-only, but I didnt check if it acted like ABA key; grab when used as a starter, but a hit when used in a combo.....except in the air. I probably shouldn't get my hopes up, though. And it would probably be weird...

Dat Sekhmet super blackout. Went ahead and made myself a wallpaper asap in case Mike decides to remove it.
wall57.png

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is intentional but I noticed that every single one of Sekmet's normals are negative enough on block that you can punish with a throw. Her 'best' normal on block is -9 which is the Heavy overhead.

Reactions: blufang
I'm not sure if this is intentional but I noticed that every single one of Sekmet's normals are negative enough on block that you can punish with a throw. Her 'best' normal on block is -9 which is the Heavy overhead.
Considering how much damage she does I would think that that is intentional but idk

I'm sure most of her attacks are unsafe because Sekhmet is supposed to be used during combos and not to completely overwhelm the opponent.

No one wants to be stuck blocking against a spooky skeleton for that long, right?

I love the blackout personally. Don't see why people are getting so riled up. Damage is a little low tho but that will probably be adjusted.

Last edited:
I too like it has it is now! Much shorter and not too seizuring.

I'm sure most of her attacks are unsafe because Sekhmet is supposed to be used during combos and not to completely overwhelm the opponent.

No one wants to be stuck blocking against a spooky skeleton for that long, right?

Considering she eats your meter constantly, I dunno, I was kind of hoping she'd be more useful for pressure.

On the other hand, unlimited hyper armor.... well I have no idea how you'd balance this tbh. I guess possibly the best comparison would be Colossus's hyper-armor mode super in MvC2 or Gold Hisen Ko in Marvel 3. Neither of those characters have anywhere near Sekmet's ground speed though.

I found a new love, and that love is a Peacock (L George) / Fukua (H fireball) / Eliza (L servant) all projectile keepaway team.

I was thinking about a compromise for Eliza's super. If the black out starts at the chopping part it would make that seem more unique and powerful while not over-using the effect for the whole super.

I'm reluctant to post things like this but I might as well give my thoughts about aesthetics since I can't play her yet.

edit- So apparently the super has already changed again...I'll just keep quiet about Eliza and wait to actually get my hands on her.

Last edited:
I'm a fan of the new blackout sequence for the Sekh super. Since it doesn't last as long the screen change isn't quite as jarring, and having the characters only visible via their stage lighting and special effects really helps to make it still look cool without it feeling like a string of recycled frames. Black is also easier to look at then bright red (even with the red flash at the end). If anything, I think the current iteration of that super is the best thus far.

I agree with you there Skullmageddon, the super is much nicer to look at now. Still don't know why there is the lighting flash at the last hit, but whatever.

Yup. Loved the new super! o/

The new super is a lot less of an autocombo than it was before!!! All is right in the world! I'd suggest a tweak or two to the animation if i was sure that Mike wouldn't murder us all for our goddamn insolence!

OKAY, executive decision has been made at the headquarters of the people makin' this game.
The Anime Expo version is preferred by the team even after an improved blackout one (which all y'all didn't even get to see), so that's what she's gonna have.
I'll muck with the end and fix up the min damage, but that's that.

Absolutely no complaints will be tolerated.

j.H is the only one that isn't unsafe.

That is why I wouldn't really call anything Sekhmet does "safe" and it means you have to be pretty careful calling her out at neutral.

Which one is the Anime Expo version? Is it the one in the Endless Beta now?

Edit: The 7/6 build Ranbu version

Last edited:
I think Sekhmet super only needs a lot of blood to look fantastic. (I don't mean the blood mechaning, just blasts of blood, I wonder if there is an effect for that that doesn't require new frames of animation.

Last edited:
Is the hitbox for Eliza's j.HP currently just a temp hitbox? Because that thing is crazy.

im sure its pretty accurate of what the hitbox will be, its very slow though so no worries

Reactions: blufang
Eliza's fwd dash is pretty interesting in that it seems to move in a set distance, so holding forward is meaningless. However if you hold back during this animation, she will block any non-low attack she collides into. Kinda cool.

Eliza's fwd dash is pretty interesting in that it seems to move in a set distance, so holding forward is meaningless. However if you hold back during this animation, she will block any non-low attack she collides into. Kinda cool.

So its just like every other dash in the game?

If your character has a Run like Fortune or Big Band, you can't do this but Parasoul, Bella, Painwheel, etc. Their dashes work the same way.

I'm satisfied with the current aesthetic for Sekhmet's super. Hopefully it stays that way.

1. Wow, infected melon that is a crazy awesome combo!

2. What is this blackout sekhmet super everyone is talking about? Is there a vid for it?

2. What is this blackout sekhmet super everyone is talking about? Is there a vid for it?

It was the second or third revision that was in the beta. Mike Z.(?) did a pretty good job making it look good even if I personally prefer the version that has been decided on and that’s in the beta now.

Found this:

Doesn’t seem to be much more point talking about it on an aesthetic level since things on that front have been settled on.

Last edited:
So its just like every other dash in the game?

If your character has a Run like Fortune or Big Band, you can't do this but Parasoul, Bella, Painwheel, etc. Their dashes work the same way.
you can do it with every character, even those who run indefinitely.
you just need to dash with PP instead of 66 and hold back

The new version of Throne of Isis seems pretty interesting. Seems like better as an assist than for Eliza herself, though.
From the fun times I had breaking thrones with thrones I observed that Albus and Horace seem to come alternately, no matter which player summons them. I only managed to summon two Albus together once, and I think it was when I managed to use it at the same time as the dummy. Not very important but still a pretty cool detail.
Also this is my favorite version of Lady of Slaughter (with the blackout being a close second). I'm glad this one is the final one.

From the fun times I had breaking thrones with thrones I observed that Albus and Horace seem to come alternately, no matter which player summons them.
Not really, they just alternate, but it always starts with the same one.

Reactions: Ryin
The beginning part of Lady of Slaughter looks really freaking nice now.

You did do a really wonderful job on the blackout version.

@Mike_Z

So, I might sound dumb asking this question, and am probably painting a giant target on my head and back, as I feel the answer might be obvious, but based off of what I've seen so far of Eliza's gameplay, am I right in guessing that she'll feel a lot like a Stand character as far as controlling Sekhmet goes? Or is that horribly, irredeemably wrong?

I love how it looks, I never had any complaints really just something worth trying out maybe!

Nothing but <3 Mike!

@Mike_Z

So, I might sound dumb asking this question, and am probably painting a giant target on my head and back, as I feel the answer might be obvious, but based off of what I've seen so far of Eliza's gameplay, am I right in guessing that she'll feel a lot like a Stand character as far as controlling Sekhmet goes? Or is that horribly, irredeemably wrong?
Why not ask the rest of the people here who've played her? :^)

Status
Not open for further replies.