• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Fire Emblem

Depends on which version of the game.

If we're playing birthright, we can just reeking box it up.

If it's Conquest, I dunno, maybe the rate will be higher in conquest.

We still dunno how the third route is going to work.

I think it makes sense for Conquest. Since there's where the incest issue really is (I think?). The linear campaign means you probably won't reach S rank till you've already heard the secret.

i wonder what the DLC is gonna be. We know of the third route, and I suspect it will come with an 'unlock' feature to allow normal games to play both routes...

But is there anything else planned?

friend do I have the thing for you!

2hMPOUq.png

I think it makes sense for Conquest. Since there's where the incest issue really is (I think?). The linear campaign means you probably won't reach S rank till you've already heard the secret.
What?

Conquest is Nohr, as in the people who aren't your blood family. The linear one.

Birthright is Hosidho, your blood family. The overworld one.

Edit: Thank you based @Shnarfl

What?

Conquest is Nohr, as in the people who aren't your blood family. The linear one.

Birthright is Hosidho, your blood family. The overworld one.

Edit: Thank you based @Shnarfl

My mistake, was a bit mixed up on that, nevermind.

Have a handy ol diagram of all the units

1435194548758.jpg

So you get Tharja's reincarnation, and Cordelia and Gaius? Not ripoffs? Part of me wants to go Hoshido, but at the same time...Nohr just has the better looking cast :/

I see that Donnel 0.5

That one's my jam. I can't wait to sow seeds with the blood of my enemies.

Cordelia's so cool that you can get her twice, even
just different models

It rubs me the wrong way with some of these recycled characters. The "ripoffs?" I'm ok with them mostly, but the lookalike kids? It....ugh. I wish it were more than just Awakening that got this treatment. YES, AWAKENING IS POPULAR. WE FREAKING GET IT! NOW GO AND REFERENCE OTHER FIRE EMBLEMS! GAAAAAAAAH

Kinda misleading to have "literally Owain/Inigo/Severa/Tharja" because they are actually those characters from Awakening <or the reincarnation of one> only to hyperbolically put "literally Gaius/Cordelia" just because blah blah character design reuse
=v

...How is Shara supposed to be a reincarnation of Tharja, anyway? Even taking away the fact that THIS ISN'T AWAKENING'S WORLD, the 3 carryovers don't really look different enough to be that much older than they were in Awakening, plus Tharja dying not being a set-in-stone event means she wouldn't really HAD to of died before Fates' story in the first place

If anything, I feel like it's meant to be more like Shara having visions of Tharja because magic and AU-sensing powers rather than straight up reincarnation

Kinda misleading to have "literally Owain/Inigo/Severa/Tharja" because they are actually those characters from Awakening <or the reincarnation of one> only to hyperbolically put "literally Gaius/Cordelia" just because blah blah character design reuse
=v

...How is Shara supposed to be a reincarnation of Tharja, anyway? Even taking away the fact that THIS ISN'T AWAKENING'S WORLD, the 3 carryovers don't really look different enough to be that much older than they were in Awakening, plus Tharja dying not being a set-in-stone event means she wouldn't really HAD to of died before Fates' story in the first place

If anything, I feel like it's meant to be more like Shara having visions of Tharja because magic and AU-sensing powers rather than straight up reincarnation
Basically, they explanation people seem to be giving from the game is that Severa, Inigo, and Owain are in this dimension because something went wrong in Awakening, so they came to a different dimension altogether.
Owain's conversation with his daughter references the royal family of Ylisse and Robin, Chrom, and Lissa, and it's actually quite touching. He also mentions Robin and Chrom died protecting him and the other children, while still saying they slayed the dragon, which I find interesting.
Apparently they made him cover up his Mark of the Exalt when he came to their dimension.

Shara is not directly said to be the reincarnation of Tharja.
The line in particular that people are referencing just says something along the lines of "oh, I know we've met in a past life, it was meant to be". Either Shara just believes in reincarnation and was trying to be romantic, which is what I put my money on, or it's actually just Tharja reincarnated.

Hm, interesting. We already knew these Awakening kids had to be from an alternate Ylisse, but that exact detail about BOTH Chrom and Robin dying at the end of the story is quite a turn. Seems to me like IS wanted to make absolute certainty that they made this particular Ylisse different enough that we can have the kids world-hopping for spring break or whatever while also making sure their version of Awakening can't possibly contradict/confirm any of our playthrough's "canon"

I definitely like that explanation on Shara more. It's not a direct hint at anything regarding anyone being a previous character, it's just a little on-the-nose reference to Tharja's thirst for Robin and their possible pairing in Awakening

Reactions: Meow-Professor
Also, there is a DLC character tied to the Fire Emblem Card game out in Japan. If anyone played Shadow Dragon remembers Minerva, she is the character you get.

How many people could you s-rank with in Awakening? (Just the amount will do)

How many people could you s-rank with in Awakening? (Just the amount will do)

All of them.
Every unit that was opposite of your gender, you could S-Rank with, but since you could choose your gender, that's all of them.

Higher resolution of swim suits including the guys
spoiler]

Was the image removed from the source?

Loving all the new character designs (Then again i'm not a huge fan of FE anyway so all of this is sorta new to me)

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this the firs FE where you have same sex romance options? If so that's really cool, however it seems to be only one option for each sex? It's still an awesome inclusion

Yeah, but only with the Tharja clone and one other character. Hooray for progress.

Seriously, this game is just doing so much wrong. My interest in Fire Emblem couldn't be any more dead.

Personally my beef with the Tharja clone is that, she's a child character, so you have to get another specific character to S-rank before you can even meet her.

Like, unless they looked it up, a new female player might miss out on accident.

Honestly, if it wasn't for a handful of other problems with the game, I'd be applauding some of the decisions made here. It's at least pretty progressive by Japanese standards.

But like, the amount of incestuous overtones present in the games, plus the really restrictive gay marriage options, plus the lazy recycling of previous character designs really turns me off of the game.
And honestly, even the character designs that aren't recycled aren't that memorable, the only ones I can think of that are, are Rinka, Foleo, Arthur, and Dragée.

Honestly, if it wasn't for a handful of other problems with the game, I'd be applauding some of the decisions made here. It's at least pretty progressive by Japanese standards.

But like, the amount of incestuous overtones present in the games, plus the really restrictive gay marriage options, plus the lazy recycling of previous character designs really turns me off of the game.
And honestly, even the character designs that aren't recycled aren't that memorable, the only ones I can think of that are, are Rinka, Foleo, Arthur, and Dragée.
While it's easy to argue that there's a lot of good in the game (which is true, there is), there's just too much bad to acknowledge it.
The character designs are either unmemorable or reused, there's a ton of uncomfortable waifu content, the incest, the way they treat same-sex marriage...
Sometimes I'm surprised I'm planning to buy this game, because I really don't want to deal with all the bad stuff I'll need to wade through.

Personally my beef with the Tharja clone is that, she's a child character, so you have to get another specific character to S-rank before you can even meet her.

Like, unless they looked it up, a new female player might miss out on accident.
considering she's part of the storyline where you can grind in because of open world, it might not be an issue.

considering she's part of the storyline where you can grind in because of open world, it might not be an issue.
Yeah, but you gotta admit it's a bit of a jerk move to have one of the only two available same sex people be behind a wall in the game they're in.

Like, you gotta grind just so you're allowed to grind for a relationship.

which is what I think the beach thing will be, because it was like that in the last one.

Yeah, but you gotta admit it's a bit of a jerk move to have one of the only two available same sex people be behind a wall in the game they're in.

Like, you gotta grind just so you're allowed to grind for a relationship.

To be fair,
if there's one thing this game does.
It's that it streamlines relationship grinding.

TBH my caring about the whole petting/dirty talk/incest thing is starting to seriously wane.

It's irritating, and it was shocking at first, but they're ultimately minor parts of the game. From the big picture, it's looking pretty good. Not to mention the stupid shit is completely optional.

I will probably be playing as a female Kamui and not pursuing any romantic relationships (unless any of them seriously improve the story, as Awakening's Chrom x Robin did) so I'll probably end up not even seeing any of this stuff that everyone is complaining about. Seeing how good everything else is shaping up to be, that sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Not gonna do no petting either.

I feel the presence of this stuff hurts the tone a bit, and I'm kinda disappointed that Nintendo would go full on anime-body-pillow mode, but at the end of the day I just want fun gameplay and nice story/characters. If it delivers either of those two things (and it looks like it probably will), I'll be happy, regardless of what other mistakes are made.

After cooling off a bit, my hype for this game is really starting to return.

Reactions: SanoBaron
its nice to see that there's also male fan service too.
almost like they never had a double standard.

I think there's a bit of a double standard in terms of character designs and posing their character portraits, but,

honestly that's the least of the game's problems.

So are the beach stills from the actual story, or is this DLC, or something?
Please don't tell me this is in the main game.

something tells me that it is DLC or possibly post story stuff.

Post story? Wasn't that third girl super dead no matter what you do? Does she come back or something?

I mean judging by the direction the game seems to want to go to that's actually plausible-BUT STILL

Elise only dies on the Hoshido route. Followed by Xander shortly after her. Sakura can also die on the Nohr route. Also, assume that beachtime fanservice shenanigans are non-canon for the game. it's a good rule of thumb

Post story? Wasn't that third girl super dead no matter what you do? Does she come back or something?

Watch your spoilers kiddo. Some of us ain't reading everything in advance.

Well it's a good thing I was wrong either way.