• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Five Nights at Freddy's

I'd be in favor of going into the future but actually answering the mystery of the animatronics. I have a problem because in teh first game they are just rogue AI. In the second they
are possibly granted sentience by the manikin which possibly makes them spiritual in nature.

Never been a fan of MatPat myself and I'm not very keen on the whole phone guy as the murderer business,
it just seems too obvious.

Reactions: Dunk
Game THeory is the same channel that firmly believes the Legend of Zelda timeline in the Hyrule Historia is wrong, despite it being OFFICIAL.
And the fact they think Link is dead in Majora's Mask when it's literally impossible since Link needs to be alive to have descendents.

Their theories are garbage tier, don't listen to them.

Needless to say their FNAF Theories are probably bad and taken off Tumblr

I agree, MatPat is trash. I still watch his stuff when I got nothing else to do.
I feel like these are pretty good however.

A concept I've heard from time to time on Tumblr (My friend runs an ask blog and RPs a lot of FNaF stuff, I also occasionally look), is the concept of Freddy Fazbear's as a Franchise.
They usually use it to justify different versions of Freddy, Chica, etc., but the best part is that it also applies to those myriad FNaF OCs.
Totally believable for one Freddy's to have a different set of characters with the regular ones.

So, who knows? Maybe FNaF 3 will have the Franchise concept

But one I find far more believable is something similar to Chuck E Cheese.
Something I learned from Mulletmike's Creepy Gaming is that there were animatronics before Chuck E., they were...Showbiz Pizza Place. Eventually, the restuarant that had those animatronics were bought out and absorbed into Chuck E. Cheese

So level with me, if Five Nights at Freddy's 3 was in the future again, what if another company bought out Freddy Fazbear's and put those animatronics in with their current ones?
That make sense?

Reactions: Cybermanworf
I have to agree wholeheartedly with MatPat/Game Theory being absolute trash. Did you know that in one of their videos, they actually agree with Team Plasma and parent groups about Pokemon, in the process completely ignoring the piles upon piles of facts and evidence that prove both horribly wrong?

Yeah, that was the immediate straw that broke the camel's back, and that was only the second video I saw. I don't even remember what the first video I saw was, because the immediate second one was just that monumentally wrong.

Link needs to be alive to have descendents.

Link has descendants?

Link has descendants?

Yeah, I might not be super deep into Zelda Lore but as far as I know other Links aren't descendants, but more like reincarnations.

I don't get the hate MattPat is getting. His theories are based on things developers DIDN'T forsee being noticed so they're good no matter what official canon says.

Game THeory is the same channel that firmly believes the Legend of Zelda timeline in the Hyrule Historia is wrong, despite it being OFFICIAL.

Didn't you read the title of that vid? "The official Zelda timeline is wrong"? I think some of you guys are taking his vids too seriously. He just likes to point out interesting coincedences.

Now back to the topic. FNaF3 will probably take place either at the Diner or at the previous site that was closed.

Spoilers

There'll be six nights and then a seventh customizable one

The lawsuits this company must receive must be tremendous. How does this company thrive with the bad press outweighing the good (is there any good press?)

Edit: I actually find GameTheory entertaining you should take it with a grain of salt being it is just a theory. Not gonna defend it but it is an entertaining perspective

Edit: I actually find GameTheory entertaining you should take it with a grain of salt being it is just a theory.

Yeah, but the way he talks about them makes it seem more like he believes his own ideas to be fact. It's like someone saying "This band sucks" like it's a scientific fact, when that's just their opinion. The whole "it's just a theory" thing gets kind of annoying when he starts talking and behaving like it's a fact.

Let's stop talking about him, however, as that's derailing this thread.

Five Nights at Freddy's takes place IN THE U.S.A!!!!

Maybe Scott will give us this as the 3rd one. But probably not due to things like to much work and the theories that have been established and people want to know things.

Those animatronic designs are definitely not kid-approved.

So how 'bout that third game.

Ringing in the Youtube eDollars.

I'll defend Five Night's at Freddy's till the day I die probably, and 2 was equally interesting and completely objectively I like that it exists, but like,
Jesus H. Christ, Scott, STOP, take a goddamn vacation we don't need this!

b-b-buh muh youtube dollars

a11.jpg

SOON.

tumblr_ni77jojBfG1rp42efo1_1280.png

Reactions: TailsWorld1
Izzat Golden Freddy.

Izzat Purple Guy.

Izzat Pikablu.

For those who wonder why some people find Five Nights terrifying and others don't watch this:
BTW if you think Mat Pat sucks:
Bullshit
Sure sometimes when he talks lore, it can be wrong
but when he talks science and math, it's always awesome.

Well kids, how many nopes will we get this time?

The Steam Greenlight page is also up, apparently, it's 30 years later, and after all that, people have forgotten about the incidents.
And a group of smart enterprising gentlemen has salvaged a lot of shit from the past three places for "Freddy's Fright", a haunted house attraction of sorts
There's only one animatronic, and that's the zombie bunny.

so i guess the zombie bunny is a frankensteining of the previous animatronics?

Only one animatronic? The whole game?

BOOOOOOORRRRRRIIIIIINNNNGGGGG!

Given the teaser image of a box fillde with animatronic parts, and the picture's photo being "Whatcanweuse", assumably, yes.

And I think there might be more animatronics as the night goes on.
The Greenlight page also shows a screen for video, sound, and something else as OFFLINE, which a reboot prompt.
So it's possible that if there is just this one animatronic, he can mess with the cameras, and might be more animated, who knows?

Who knows, maybe the people in charge will be finding more animatronics as the game progresses.

I'm betting that this entire game will turn out to just be s nightmare that Mike Smidht is having after he got fired

AW YEAH WE IN THE FUTURE NOW.

But it's nothing like I had hoped for...

Aw, I missed the part where everyone was dumping on MatPat and Game Theory. But let's not reopen that discussion.

Somebody please tell me why this game looks so much better than either of the first two? I think those were necessary to establish the backstory, but this feels like what the real game should be.

I feel like this format of game is outliving its relevance, though. I would love to see an Outlast kind of game which actually follows a linear structure. I thought it would be cool if you are returning to investigate Freddy Fazbear's even further in the future, and you stumble into a secret, now-abandoned underground robot experimentation laboratory that was responsible for making the robots all along, and you have to escape the empty facility because the forgotten robots are still down there with you. That kind of a game with that kind of a setting could honestly be one of the most terrifying games in a long time.

There's so many places this series could go, I hope this same formula over and over again isn't the end of it.

I think what really through me off was the fluidity of the rabbit. No other animatronic has entered that smoothly or non sudden-like. It just kind of waltzes in to be honest.

I think what really through me off was the fluidity of the rabbit. No other animatronic has entered that smoothly or non sudden-like. It just kind of waltzes in to be honest.
I was literally typing out the same thing. One thing I find annoying about FN@F is that the animatronics movements are based all around programming flags. They kind of just teleport around.

Granted FN@F2 tries to alleviate this by making movement patterns a lot more fluid but you still have moments where Foxxy will jump straight at you even though you are facing a wall. Maybe we'll finally get a game where you can move around if he's going to be animating models beyond just a few frames.