• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

well since S-hold is being removed in Ultimax there is a chance danger time will eventually be removed so I have hopes that it does get removed

so for things people can really like:
dustloop link

Apparently the songs you can unlock in Xrd's gallery have been revealed.

Keep Yourself Alive III - Sol Alternate Theme

Holy Orders (Be Just of Be Dead) - Ky Alternate Theme (XX Version)

Blue Water Blue Sky - May Alternate Theme (XX Version)

Writhe in Pain - Millia Alternate Theme (XX Version)

Feel a Fear - Zato Alternate Theme (XX Version)

Burly Heart - Potemkin Alternate Theme (XX Version)

Suck a Sage - Chipp Alternate Theme (XX Version)

The Original - Faust Alternate Theme (XX Version)

Make Oneself - Axl Alternate Theme (XX Version)

A Solitude That Asks Nothing in Return - Venom Alternate Theme (XX Version)

Haven't You Got Eyes in Your Head? - Slayer Alternate Theme

The Midnight Carnival - I-no Alternate Theme

Diva - Ramlethal Alternate Theme

Ride on Time - Sin Alternate Theme

The Mask Does Not Laugh - Elphelt Alternate Theme

Noontide - Sol vs. Ky Alternate Theme 1

The Re-coming - Sol vs. Ky Alternate Theme 2

Still in the Dark - Millia vs. Zato Alternate Theme

Existence - Assassins Alternate Theme

Misadventure - Same Character Alternate Theme

In total, that's 20 classic songs to unlock.

It's interesting Elph has default Valentine's theme and Ram gets Diva.

well since S-hold is being removed in Ultimax there is a chance danger time will eventually be removed so I have hopes that it does get removed
That's just a loketest change. There's no guarantee that S-Hold will be removed in the final game. Besides, it was still usable in single-player modes. I do think that they need to have a way to guarantee Danger Time if they bring it back next game, though.

That's just a loketest change. There's no guarantee that S-Hold will be removed in the final game. Besides, it was still usable in single-player modes. I do think that they need to have a way to guarantee Danger Time if they bring it back next game, though.
It just needs to not be fucking random. Make it so that like the attack levels of the clashed moves add up to a certain number, and lower the rate that it happens or something. It is there for hype and danger time gets the blood pumping, but I don't want my loss decided because I clashed with a 5P.

Just remove Danger Time entirely. Nothing good is lost with it being removed. Fuck this "hype" I knocked someone from nearly full health to Hellfire from doing a janky Dustloop combo simply because I capitalized on a clash by mashing buttons harder than my opponent for a hitconfirm into a combo. I benefited from it and I thought that was dumb. Robbing an opponent of that much health from something random that gives such a huge advantage is a dumb design choice for game.

Why not just bring back GG1 style Instant Kills if people want to have crap like this in the game?

Last edited:
Burly Heart has a riff from Kashmir, and the Midnight Carnival has a riff from a Japanese song I can't remember the name of (Because Japanese).

I really want gg missing link ost. Other than a couple of themes I am not crazy over x ost. It is great don't get me wrong, it just isn't as good to me

I felt X had the best version of Babel Nose and Keep Yourself Alive. Other than that I prefer XX's OST. GG1 will always have the best version of Meet Again and Pride And Glory, though.

I felt X had the best version of Babel Nose and Keep Yourself Alive. Other than that I prefer XX's OST. GG1 will always have the best version of Meet Again and Pride And Glory, though.
Lol you say some of the two themes I like the most from XX. Tbh I like KYA from the missing link more than X version. Dizzy's boss theme is godlike though, and the fact there aren't as many grappler themes like "In Slave's Glory" is :(

Daisuke needs to start recording with real drums.

Also, as I tab out the second Lead guitar in Ramlethal's theme, I want to say: Fuck harmonized guitars. They sound great but are hell to figure out from ear.

If I knew how to play drums I'd shoot him an email and say I record some shit for him, but sadly I've lived in apartments my whole life and have never been able to learn. Piano was hard enough in some places I've lived.

I like both tracks from the games nice and the overture ones, great add, but can we talk about how expensive sin is to unlock omg

Apartments are the bane of a musician's existence, and it's never too late to learn an instrument. Time is the only real issue. Have to practice those scales, son.

People that say "Danger Time is rare", it can happen as often as clashing occurs since it's random. I had a few matches where I got Danger Time upwards of three times in a set.

That doesn't make it "not rare". Since it is random, it is governed by some probalistic rule. Since it is so governed, it will even itself out over time. While it may be common relative to a few matches, it is likely not common in general.

Similarly, there are people who have won the lottery twice, that doesn't make it "not rare", but in probability, sometimes the "not probable" does happen.

Absolutely. I've not seen anyone happy about it. I'm not lending support for it.

I'm just saying that at least it is a rare thing. I too hope it eventually gets turned off... or refined to not be random. Hell something as simple as "danger time can occur once per match when two HS clash and one of the players is below 20% health" (or something, just riffing) would be preferable to "can occur at anytime during a clash with a very low probability of it happening".

At least then it would be a mechanic you have relative control over, you know?

I wouldn't dislike it so much if it didn't freeze the game for 3 whole real life seconds to tell you what is going on.

People talk about slowdown RCs changing the pace of guilty gear, what about a good ol 3 second freeze frame.

So much for getting it before I fly back home for Christmas. If it is for two weeks then that means my brother won't be able to play it till spring. I don't feel like buying the regular edition either.
EDIT: Heh, turns out I have a longer winter break than I thought.

Last edited:
Back