• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Guilty Gear Thread

I don't think so. I know he's wants to be President of the U.S. though.

Chipp is the President of the Eastern Chipp Kingdom
population: 20,000
A vote for him is a vote for love

Ah, I understand now. Thanks for clearing this up people n_n
it's just something that's been bugging me because of all his entry/victory quotes implying he was the leader of something.

Last edited:
But he is the leader. The GLORIOUS leader.

How are Faust's items generated? Do they all have the same chance of coming out or do they have differing rarities like Peacock's items?
In previous Guilty Gears, they were randomized and some had higher/lower chances of coming out, with Meteors, Mini Robo-Kys, and Mini Potemkins having the lowest chance. No idea how they work in Xrd, but it seems like Mini Faust is more common then they used to be.

Reactions: Ktulu
I just finished the story. My entire day is gone.

Chipp is the President of the Eastern Chipp Kingdom
population: 20,000
A vote for him is a vote for love
in the GG setting, everywhere outside of cities is pretty much a Hokuto no Ken-style lawless wasteland covered by bandits. Hench why there is a burger sheriff.

So he pretty much established his presence as "THE LAW" in some far off corner of world because he knows firsthand that being one of the downtrodden masses really sucks.

Reactions: iLoli
He established the place then held a democratic election
Chipp is the shining star for the future of mankind

He established the place then held a democratic election
Chipp is the shining star for the future of mankind
Chipp also drops vital truth knowledge on May in the story. The power of friendship!

I want to pick up Potemkin. Any notable players other than FAB I should be watching?

Is there a list of stages confirmed to cause lag online? My favorite is Axl's but I strongly suspect it would cause problems.

Axl and Ky's stages cause the most lag. Arena and Elphelt's stage cause the least.

Reactions: gold163
I want to pick up Potemkin. Any notable players other than FAB I should be watching?
FAB and Consome are the prime Pot players you will be looking at

Reactions: Ktulu
Consome but just watch FAB. They are worlds apart.

Yesterday's patch might have nerfed Elphelt's rifle shots. Seems to have more startup? Unblockable loop still works on Millia, I heard. I'll keep a lookout for info.

Elphelt powered shotgun after throw doesn't wall bounce, I can confirm that one. Not sure about the rifle.

The dub of Guilty Gear is very good, and I appreciate it.
Just as good as Blazblue.
Maybe a good dub is what GG needed for me to get into it.
Even though I like subs more, I guess I like understanding what they're saying in battle.
I agree with the voice work in this game. I was VERY hesitant to hear a Guilty Gear in English, even though I prefer dubs to subs, but I was pleasantly surprised at how well it turned out. I especially love May's voice. I dunno what it is, but something about it just turned out perfect.

I don't think so. I know he's wants to be President of the U.S. though.
He lost that election to Pot's best friend, said "good shit", basically became ninja Kenshiro in some far off part of the world, established a government as a sheriff with no real authoritative power, then won a democratic election to be the place that he established leader.

Fucking Chipp Zanuff.

Reactions: gold163 and Ktulu
I especially love May's voice. I dunno what it is, but something about it just turned out perfect.
At first I wasn't sure about May's voice.

And then I saw her conversation with Chipp in story mode.

Also "eastern" implies that there is at least a "western chipp kingdom" that someone else he probably trusts runs.

Apparently the new patch left Xrd with amazing online matches. How smooth are ya'lls connections?

This is weird, so I just found out that a Chipp's overhead is a crossup when you run. Only manage to do it on a crouching Slayer so far.

Uhh... so I don't play GG, but I've always wanted to. I was just curious what version is still played at some tournaments (that isn't xrd). I know there are 2 games on steam...

Accent Core +R. It's only available on PS3 and 360 for download at $15.

Reactions: Rakurin
The only problem is that the online is terrible and has been pretty much abandoned, so if you want to play other people it'll have to be locally.

The only problem is that the online is terrible and has been pretty much abandoned, so if you want to play other people it'll have to be locally.

Ah... Yeah I was hoping it was one of the cheap ones on steam. :/

If I were to be able to get to locals it would more than likely have Xrd, and I'd just get bodied...

Ah... Yeah I was hoping it was one of the cheap ones on steam. :/

If I were to be able to get to locals it would more than likely have Xrd, and I'd just get bodied...

Guilty Gear XX #Reload is the one on Steam that is generally still played online via fan-made netplay clients if I recall correctly. It's a good starting point to play GG nevertheless and IMO it's an enjoyable game on its own merits. Most people will tell you the older versions of GG are actually harder than Xrd anyway, but don't let that discourage you from playing them, I highly recommend any game in the XX series and #Reload is a classic.

#Reload is certainly a harder game than Xrd, but it's also a better game... even if it's a decade out of date. :p

The netplay is still populated, too. I played some matches a few hours ago.

Not really sure, but it wouldn't surprise me if #Reload on PC is more popular online than PS3/360 +R.

Every game is more popular online than +R.

Guilty Gear XX #Reload is the one on Steam that is generally still played online via fan-made netplay clients if I recall correctly. It's a good starting point to play GG nevertheless and IMO it's an enjoyable game on its own merits. Most people will tell you the older versions of GG are actually harder than Xrd anyway, but don't let that discourage you from playing them, I highly recommend any game in the XX series and #Reload is a classic.

Oh, cool... and I didn't mean Xrd would be hard to play, meant more since I have never played it and can't train at home due to no ps4, I'd only be able to play a couple matches against people that play all the time.

#Reload is certainly a harder game than Xrd, but it's also a better game... even if it's a decade out of date. :p

The netplay is still populated, too. I played some matches a few hours ago.

Might pick it up then...
I got it...

Edit: Day 1: What am I doing..? *presses random buttons*

Last edited:
Even Chrono Phantasma?

Yep! Shit man, Halo 2 has a livelier online than +R :PUN: