• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Mario Kart 8

I guess they just wanted a way to integrate the bitchy "better than you" peach back without taking out cute nice peach
just like how Metal Mario is a cocky asshole mario (aka 90s Luigi)

*Pink Gold

either way
i'd rather have 2 peaches than the likes of *shudder* honey queen

GUYS, DAT RAINBOW ROAD 8, BOWSER'S CASTLE 8 AND CUSTOM TOURNIES THO.

Also, Wario Stadium 64 is back. The fireballs made me think it was Waluigi Stadium GC, though.

Yeah, aside from those two REALLY SHITTY THINGS
I really like what Mario Kart 8 is bringing to the table.
The sheer fact you get a FREE GAME with it (Register by July 1st, Get Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3, Wii Part U, or New Super Mario Bros U) is also great
And on top of it, Wii U Bundle.
Pretty sure this game is gonna move units

Well, that figures, first I mistake Wario Stadium 64 for Waluigi Stadium because I didn't play MK64, now I confused Wario Stadium DS for Wario Stadium 64 because i never played MKDS. Man, I need to play more Mario Kart.

I do hope that the Wii U bundle with Mario Kart 8 is actually a physical copy rather than a digital download.
But with recent bundles nowadays from Nintendo, such as the Link Between Worlds 3DS XL bundle, it probably will be a digital download.

No, it's a physical copy. They did the same thing with the Nintendoland and New Bros. U bundles.

I can't get over Pink Gold Peach... why is she a thing? Watch her get more screen time than Daisy. Also, I really wish they didn't cut out Diddy and Bowser Jr... they were cool.

(Junior was never cool)
er, i mean
I'm not exactly bothered
I'm more disappointed that we didn't get the storybook design for the younger Rosalina
but hey maybe they'll learn in time

After the Nintendo Direct, I am hype to the max!

Just woke up and saw the surprise direct.

1. The new courses are excellent.
2. Baby Rosalina is cute, but I wish she had her design from the story book in Super Mario Galaxy.
3. Pink Gold Peach... can I play as Emerald Green Luigi?
4. The music performance was jazzy and I do love me some jazz.
5.The Club Nintendo deal is pretty nice. I'll probably get Pikmin 3.
6. All the new special modes and features are an excellent add on.
7. Classic Battle Mode is back and I'm so ready for it.
8. So, that's the character roster for now? The other racers are going to be DLC.
9. Finally, an item to counter that fucking blue shell.
10. I already have my preorder ready.

I was gonna start saving up for a Wii U but no Diddy... like, seriously? First Annie now Diddy?

I'm gonna preorder as well, hope my Gamestop wasn't affected by the 200 stores closing.

I swear to fuck though I am never using Pink Gold Peach.
Even if they give her a personality it's a waste

I swear to fuck though I am never using Pink Gold Peach.
Even if they give her a personality it's a waste
Well, I know who I'M using against Jutsei now

Rosalina, all day.

I'm down for a Mario Kart 8 group on here.

And I'll play Did-

Oh wait shit.

Reactions: Φ
GUESS I'LL JUST BOOT UP MARIO KART DOUBLE DASH. WHO NEEDS ROSALINA WHEN I CAN HAVE DIDDY?! :'( </3

Reactions: DDB
I love the lighting in this game. This is a blurry image, but even then, you can tell everything looks so solid. I want to believe all dat light is bouncing around everywhere and not baked-in textures...

Nintendo-Direct-2013-Mario-Kart-8-005-1280x720.jpg

Yea the game looks great. If I had a Wii U I'd be all over it (jknoDiddybutyougettheidea,yea?)

oh you kids and your diddy kongs and your funky kongs and your danky bongs

back in my day we only had DK and we LIKED IT

I must admit I am a little sad for Diddy fans when Diddy did not appear. If he somehow appears, then it's all good. Either way, I am excited.

I was going to wait for Smash Bros to buy a Wii U, but the Mario Kart 8 bundle and Pikmin 3 for free is very tempting... Wish it came with a classic/pro/traditional/human controller though.

Kong Country's economy is going up, so maybe Diddy's really busy this time. He's gotta get the crew back together for Diddy Kong Racing 2!

Except for Banjo and Conker. They're still in the slums.

I like Conker... and a new Diddy Kong Racing game would be fantastic. They should put it on the 3DS, as well. I can think of a few ways they could improve the track creation mode if they decided to give it another chance.

I like how she has diamonds where peach normally has those blue gems
(also watch her be super good for online play :kappa:)

I really hate not getting notified of stuff. I've missed 2 pages of MK8 goodness ;3;

Also, something neat I encountered-A video showcasing all the courses plus full versions (more or less) of their songs and an interesting bonus at the end.

Reactions:
THE MUSIC IS SO FREAKING SEXY <3 <3 <3
-Mount Wario looks like a really interesting stage.
-Bowser's Castle looks AMAZING!
-I love Yoshi's Valley design and music
-While the new Rainbow Road looks nice I'm still significantly more hype for MK64 RR

Pure ecstasy for the eyes and the ears.

>Reads through list of promo games
Cool, I can buy the wii u bundle and grab the new mario kart and wonderful 101 at the same-
>European list of promo games
>North american list is basically half of the european list, no wonderful 101
GOD DAMMIT