• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Mario Kart 8

>Reads through list of promo games
Cool, I can buy the wii u bundle and grab the new mario kart and wonderful 101 at the same-
>European list of promo games
>North american list is basically half of the european list, no wonderful 101
GOD DAMMIT

Woooooooooowwwwww UK is getting some serious spoiling. Whyyyyy???? I'm jelly.

Couple of the year?

tumblr_n4vbqt3Y5N1rmhrczo1_500.jpg

Another reason to love Mario Kart 8 is it won't have no Microtransactions.

Last edited:
tumblr_n4wbqocqCy1qkvs1ko1_250.jpg

tumblr_n4wbqocqCy1qkvs1ko2_400.jpg

Upon closer inspection some people found that some of the billboards for the Women of Racing Organization on the tracks have Birdo on it.

Every other character on those billboards are playable. This isn't saying Birdo is going to be playable, but it does give credibility to more racers joining in.

Again, I'd be fine with DLC of Mario Kart 8, makes me play more, and I'm sure if ti's like Mario Golf DLC it'll be worth it

I was wondering what all this Pink Gold Peach fuss was about.

I'm actually cool with her because Peach is my fav so I'm biased, but goddamn what is it with Nintendo and babies? Why do they insist on giving characters a separate baby version of them to play as? Is there some sort of following for them I'm not aware of? I mean, what the hell?

I think I would of preferred like an Emerald Luigi. Somewhat see-through driver that has a crystalline theme to them.

Bowser probably could have gottten some sort of molten rock version. (Like that giant statue in his race but small)

I mean, Pink Gold Peach got those diamond earings and etc., so she technically took more work than Metal Mario. She's just kinda O.K., it's just they probably could have chosen a mineral more creatively.

Okay, here's the breakdown for classes.

Lightweights = Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Baby Peach, Baby Daisy, Baby Rosalina, Toad, Toadette, Koopa Troopa, Shy Guy, Lakitu, Wendy, Larry, and Lemmy.

Mediumweights = Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Yoshi, Ludwig, and Iggy.

Heavyweights = Bowser, Donkey Kong, Wario, Waluigi, Rosalina, Metal Mario, Pink Gold Peach, Roy, and Morton.

Any = Mii

There was some kind of "in the middle of the middle" thing in Mario Kart 7. Like Bowser was heavy, Mario was medium, but Wiggler was in between. Do you think that might be implemented again?

“We could have used Diddy Kong or Dry Bones again, but those characters are simply filler compared to titans like Baby Mario and Baby Daisy."

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.
Aside from the sports games Nintendo hasn't even used Daisy like that so how is she a titan*?

*Don't get me wrong. I LOVE Daisy. My go to Peach alt color. But that's kind of a butt statement.

I swear, it's like Nintendo wants to give us the worst roster possible in every Mario Kart game.
"We have a lightweight slot left in Mario Kart Wii! Who should we give it to?"
"Dry Bones! No one likes Dry Bones, right?"
- LATER -
"Damn, now everyone likes Dry Bones! What do we do now?"
"We give that slot to someone else no one cares about! Like Lakitu! Put Lakitu in the game!"
"But sir...Lakitu's the...flagman..."
"FIGURE IT OUT!"

Pink-Gold Peach? Really? No one liked Metal Mario in 7, and now they're forcing another one on us? Not to mention that the undead have died and it looks like I'm stuck with subpar Shy Guy as the only even-vaguely-cool lightweight character left.

Why can't we have the cool and charming characters come back? Like Prince Peasley or Fawful or something?
I guess that would be too much fun for Nintendo to allow.
*Sigh* At least Honey Queen is dead...

They probably wanted each weight class as transparent as possible, so the babies=lightweights. I'm just glad the koopa kids got in the game.

The temptation to get a Wii U is VERY high for me, but I will wait until after E3 before I make any next-gen decisions.

They probably wanted each weight class as transparent as possible, so the babies=lightweights. I'm just glad the koopa kids got in.

The temptation to get a Wii U is VERY high for me, but I will wait until after E3 before I make any next-gen decisions.
Just be sure to get that nice as hell Wii U Bundle.

I'm gonna have to hit up Gamestop and preorder this soon.
I haven't played Mario Kart since Double Dash

Out of curiosity, how many games on the Wii U require motion controls? Are the nunchuck controls required as additional controllers for the system?

Out of curiosity, how many games on the Wii U require motion controls? Are the nunchuck controls required as additional controllers for the system?
There's actaully very few games that use the Wiimote.

Aha! I was right!

http://www.mariowiki.com/Mario_Kart_8

It says there are 7 weight classes to choose from: Feather, Super Light, Light, Medium, Cruiser, Heavy, and Super Heavy.
Yepper! And this is why we have Baby characters: So that if you don't really value speed as much as less weight and higher acceleration, you can choose the baby form of your favourite princess or mario bro! And for those who wished Mario or Peach were a little faster can look no further than Pink Gold Peach and Metal Mario (As they are the only two characters in the Heavy weight class :P)!

So I feel like I'm super late to this thread but You guys can expect to see me quite often talking about how hype I am for this game. My hype for this game is far greater than my hype for Sm4sh currently. So bring it on! Here's a topic we can all discuss:

Since weight classes add stats more variably than in past MK games, the character you choose has a far more significant role in the stats of your vehicle. And seeing as kart customization is a thing, we can basically SUPER fine tune what kinds of stats we want. Here's my example:

Character/weight class: Mostly Feather and a couple Super Lights
Speed: Really damn low (This is usually the lowest stat for me)
Acceleration: ALL OF IT!
Weight: Preferably low
Handling: Typically high (Easier to set up drifts)
Grip: Low (Drifts are wider and last longer, therefore more time to charge drift boosts)

What are your preferred stats?

Consider that racing games are by far my favourite games ever. Everyone has different tastes. It's rather rude however to say my standards for hype are low. It's a pretty big game.

Back