• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Mario Kart 8

Mario Kart 8: Hidden Details & Easter Eggs (Wii U)

Damn, this makes me love the developers more.​

Reactions: TailsWorld1
Mario Kart 8 - TV & Super Horn Commercials

I love how the blue shell is so infamous that they can make an entire commercial based on the idea that you can counter it.

Tried the demo at Gamestop today, it had all characters available and 8 tracks. This game is pure eye candy! The piranha plant is pretty OP, very useful for clearing a path through a cluttered 2nd or 3rd lap. Definitely keeping this in mind after E3.

Reactions: SkullMan and Jutsei
Got to play it myself too. It was probably on 50 cc the whole time because I only got hit by one blue shell. Or they just really nerfed the amount of times it appears.

Anyway, loads of fun. Most of the tracks are eye candy and in 60FPS, so it's functional AND pretty. I especially love Electrodome, that place is trippy.

Reactions: SkullMan
Would you believe that people are not going to get the game or system because there's no anti-aliasing? How stiff do you have to be to deprive yourself of an awesome game because you can see some slight jaggies at the start line? pfft

Yeah, you're SUPPOSED to be condemning the game because of the awful roster.

Reactions: SmashBlade
Roster sucks, but the game is otherwise great.

Should mention one highly important thing I found out playing the demo: You can get the Super Horn while in first place. So yes, you can get a defensive option for the spiny shell regardless of where you are.

Preordered it the other day. I'll likely be alternating back and forth between Peach and Pink Gold Peach.

Rosalina normally
Waluigi for normal trolling
Pink Gold Peach for super trolling

I've been playing the demo all week and I have to say it's really living up to it's expectations.

I've been playing to get ready for the tournament at my GameStop when it's released next week. Wish me luck.

Mains: Mario/Rosalina/Baby Rosalina
Sub-Mains: Shy Guy & Ludwig

Reactions: Rellek
My mains: Toad, Toadette, Mii
Others: Everybody else

Yeah, you're SUPPOSED to be condemning the game because of the awful roster.
The roster is great imo. Captures the spirit of Mario I believe. The lack of Dry Bones and Paratroopa is hugely minor to me (though still a concern) but I am hella happy with the inclusion of a high acceleration, low weight Rosalina!

EDIT:
mk8-86eu25.gif

Last edited:
Unboxing video

Unboxing video

This video makes me so salty because I can't get this bundle.

Maybe Smash Bros will have a neater bundle....

Well I already preordered the bundle from best buy.
:PUN:
Hmm, do I want wind waker HD or new super mario bros U? Oh, how much fun I'll be having next friday! Not like those poor people who won't get to have any fun!

That unboxing is so unmagical tho :( They already have the game and everything lol.

And I've already decided that I'm getting Pikmin 3 because apparently it's good. I mean, so is NSMBU but I'm not a huge fan of the classic Mario platformer.

I'm getting the console bundle too! Definitely getting Pikmin 3 as the free game - even though I would really much rather have the physical copy of that game :/

Picked up two of the Wii U Pro controllers already, are there any other accessories that I need? I hear the battery life on the ipad thing is pretty short, do I need a battery pack or whatever?

I am not sure which of the 3 games I am getting: LOZ: Wind Waker HD, Wii Party U, or Pikmin 3. I already completed NSMBU.

Wii Party U should only be purchased if you have RL friends to play with you.
Good Point. It boils down to Pikmin 3 or Wind Waker.

Edit: I have friends, but I doubt they be interested in Wii Party U.

Man, too bad I can't buy any of these games.

Reactions: DawnHibiki
So, uh. Apparently this is a thing:
tumblr_n6bv83bTwN1sp0bywo1_500.jpg

(I'm pretty sure it's free DLC)

Reactions: SkullMan
So that's Nintendo's "realistic" Mario? Huh.

That's not DLC.

Where's the actual roster.

DLC confirmed ;P Now what other DLC do you guys expect? I'm hoping for some battle arenas.

Reactions: TailsWorld1
an actual roster, for one.

Reactions: Smilax
Arenas, better characters, a Blue Falcon kart, new tracks. Hopefully.

I say the DLC would be some new characters and possible fixes similar to glitches like the Maka Wuhu fiasco from 7 if the situation is brought up.

I envy the people who made that song.Synthesis is so hard but addicting...

(on an unrelated note can someone delete the baiko account?Not sure how to do it myself)

So today I finished paying off my pre-order when I find out Gamestop was handing out posters as a bonus.

POSTERS. REALLY?!?!

What happened to the neat keychains?!?! D: I wanted that Golden Mushroom so bad...
The poster looks okay but even Target has a better bonus!
mario_kart_8_pre-Order_bonus_target.jpg

I'm sad now. DANG IT GAMESTOP.
Also dang it Europe, you got the good stuff.

Picking up my preorder at lunch. So psyched for the Koopa kids. Along with them, shy guy, Koopa Troopa, the only thing that could make it better would be Magikoopa.