• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Mario Kart 8

Picking up my preorder at lunch. So psyched for the Koopa kids. Along with them, shy guy, Koopa Troopa, the only thing that could make it better would be Magikoopa.
Dry bones though?
DRY BONES THOUGH?
Never forget, never forgive.

I got it midnight last night. Played it for a bit. It was amazing.

Add me up, doods. My Nintendo Network ID is "TannerOfTheNorth".

We should totally have Skullheart Online Tournaments.

I support the Skullheart online Tourneys for MK 8
:)
So random question about the Wii U, if I buy the game digital it gets attached to the console and not my Nintendo ID right?

It's technically attached to your console, yes, but say if your WiiU breaks, you can request a transfer.

It's not like the PS3 where you can just log in and download. It's pretty much tied to it. BUT if something goes wrong you can call and transfer.

It's technically attached to your console, yes, but say if your WiiU breaks, you can request a transfer.

It's not like the PS3 where you can just log in and download. It's pretty much tied to it. BUT if something goes wrong you can call and transfer.
Even if I'm from Mexico?
because I know our support over here sucks.
Good to know!

Dry bones though?
DRY BONES THOUGH?
Never forget, never forgive.

Yes. I shall miss Dry Bones as well. I just tell myself Koopa Troopa is dry bones wearing another Troopa's skin.

I got it midnight last night. Played it for a bit. It was amazing.

Add me up, doods. My Nintendo Network ID is "TannerOfTheNorth".

We should totally have Skullheart Online Tournaments.
I will get to it ASAP. My NNID is DsMan1. Anyone else who wants to add is welcome.

Got it, so far it's been good. The HD does wonders for this game.

Choosing a bike for the first grand prix was probably a bad idea though, it's a little wonky. But that's how I remember it being from the Wii, though they took out the wheelie mechanic.

I was glad to see that the end of a grand prix is highlight reels of your previous races, but that it doesn't show you specifically getting the trophy is a little disappointing.

Edit: (Also I think my WiiU gamertag is literally just DoctorSanity)

I am very impressed with the game so far, some of my favorite tracks are: Shy Guy Falls, Electrodrome, Mount Wario, Music Park, Grumble Volcano, and the N64 Rainbow Road. First couple of hours with the Wii U have been great!

Played it, it was pretty swell.
Anti-gravity can get super disorienting though. Especially on mount wario. I had no idea where I even was on that map.
NNID is BooleanKing

I am very impressed with the game so far, some of my favorite tracks are: Shy Guy Falls, Electrodrome, Mount Wario, Music Park, Grumble Volcano, and the N64 Rainbow Road. First couple of hours with the Wii U have been great!
Coughtwistedmansioncough

So how about that free game you can't get because Club Nintendo's down for maintenance?
Or because it takes 1 business day for it to process the fact that I do, in fact, own mario kart 8?

Picking it up tomorrow. The nearest Gamestop from moi is quite the drive, sadly. I live in the boonies.

...BUT I WANT IT NNNOOOWWWWWW.

>finally gets page to load when trying to redeem a game
>club nintendo automatically logs me out
>tries to log in and try again
>"Due to high traffic volumes, the sign in function may not be working properly. If you are sure your username and password are correct, please keep trying."
I better get another free game as an apology for this, nintendo.

gee it's almost like a lot of people are using it all at once to get their free game
It was already a terrible system, the massive amount of people just highlighted its flaws.
It was slow as fuck and unresponsive on the best of days, and they knew ahead of time that everyone was gonna log in at once today. They could have prepared but they chose not to.
The free game thing was a joke but that doesn't change the fact that it's their fault the site is down.

I'm pretty disappointed, for one. Feels like a watered-down version of Mario Kart Wii...the knockback on everything has been gimped, the boosts from everything have been gimped, even turbulence and the mighty Blue Shell are just like "eh, whatever" now.

Come on, Nintendo. MKWii's mechanics were perfection. Why did you have to butcher them?

Also what's this about a free game I didn't get any memos about that

Guys, I think I solved your little "lack of arenas" problem.

Play on Yoshi Valley. It's just as good.

@CHAOS_FANTAZY
People who bought Mario Kart 8 will be offered a free game to download if they log in to their Club Nintendo accounts and register the game into their accounts.

It was already a terrible system, the massive amount of people just highlighted its flaws.
It was slow as fuck and unresponsive on the best of days, and they knew ahead of time that everyone was gonna log in at once today. They could have prepared but they chose not to.
The free game thing was a joke but that doesn't change the fact that it's their fault the site is down.
Or you could just wait until it dies down
not like you didn't just get a new game
or have a month to redeem the code

jus' sayin'

images

Game's fun but I keep running into fucking walls
Man, I couldn't imagine what you're going through. All I run into are your ordinary everyday walls!

Those fucking walls man, they'll do things to ya.

But in all seriousness I thought this one was odd in terms of drifting. But I've gotten used to it pretty quickly.

This game is drop dead gorgeous. That current gen Toad's Turnpike oh my god.

Out of curiosity I ask who was the first character everyone unlocked since unlocks are random? I got Baby Rosalina first lol.

Ludwig better be my first when I get the game, maining the shit out of him and baby Weegee.

Speaking of which. who're gonna be your mains?

I got Toadette first.
I think.
It was either first or the girl Koopaling.
I still have 10 more characters to unlock.
God. At least at the rate I'm going I won't have to play any 150CC races

This was $10 off at Fry's and on day 1 too. Couldn't resist snatching it up even though I should've waited until I got paid buuut there's no way any copies would be left by next week. Plus on the way out I ran into someone also buying the game.

ID: Solblade44. Hopefully my connection is good enough to race people online. Been having a rough time playing things online on any system.

Back