• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Mario Kart 8

After watching those Gamexplain videos on Mario Kart 8, I am so hype for this! Glad I pre-ordered it on my birthday.

I have played over 6,000 races in mario kart wii. I want more than 32 tracks this time.

A recent pre-release Stream of MK8 gave us a bunch of vehicle options. They look awesome!
HeIcCyn.jpg

A recent pre-release Stream of MK8 gave us a bunch of vehicle options. They look awesome!
HeIcCyn.jpg
This makes me even more excited!

those last 3 characters tho
who are they

those last 3 characters tho
who are they

Mii is most likely one unless they add him to the bottom

But otherwise, in order, I'm guessing two short "baby" like characters to continue the line (Diddy Kong and, if we want to piss off the world, Baby Rosalina) and for the final one could be Bowser Jr to continue the Koopaling thing.

Baby Rosalina makes no sense
Ch8_5.png

when we could have Young Rosalina instead (Also serves as a constant reminder of her tragic past)

No, we need another Toadette like character.

I can also see Nabbit being playable too
little fella seems to have garnered something of a following

- Professor E. Gadd
- Nabbit
- Bowser Jr.

Though I would like young Rosalina as well.

Dry Bones? Dry Bowser? Funky Kong?

You said Toadette like, so forceful Rule 63 for the sake of making a set.

Where do you think Bowser Jr came from? Bowser's like one of the dinosaurs from Jurassic Park, able to change his gender when needed. Duh. It's all outlined in Shiggy Miyamoto's guide to Mario characters.

okay you linked fanfiction that's officially a timeout go to your room mister

okay you linked fanfiction that's officially a timeout go to your room mister
He hasn't eaten yet, Ruin. Let me feed my son before he goes to his room.

Young Rosalina for DLC
Toadsworth for DLC
Mewtwo for DLC
Walupeachy for DLC

Mario Golf has DLC now...
You guys don't think...

Well, they did confirm they are making a Year Long Advertising Campaign

I'd be okay with it. It's terrible because I'd love more tracks but there's the whole "Stop supporting them it should be in the game to begin with" argument that's not entirely untrue.

If, unlike Mario Golf, it's actual new post release content with some cool additions, I'd be down. Maybe to bring back some old favorite characters (Bowser Jr, Petey Piranha) and new ones (Nabbit, hell, maybe Dr. Luigi) in addition to retro tracks and such.

And if Nintendo really wants to make money, release a Nintendo GP for the release of Smash Bros that adds Kirby as a racer and Hyrule, Brinstar, Mute City and an Animal Crossing track. BOOM. WiiU is saved.

I hope the gliders get more variety this time around, stat wise. There was only two in 7, and one was clearly better than the other.

Flower Glider...

...huh?

Yeah, flower glider belonged to the two different stats given to all the gliders. You would either benefit in weight, or benefit in acceleration. The flower glider I believe was acceleration, a better option than more weight.

goddammit they could have at least used the cute design from the storybook goddammit goddammit goddammit

Guys, more importantly.

We can trash talk online and WE HAVE AN ITEM THAT BEATS BLUE SHELLS

Reactions: TailsWorld1
I'm excited for the buy MK8 get a free other game offer

I mean, I already have both Pikmin 3 and Zelda, and I don't care for NSMBU, so I guess Wii Party U it is. That'd be fun for, well, parties.

They kicked Diddy for this shit?

Baby Rosalina....? Gold Peach? Uhh... okay...

Oh thank god, we have five baby characters and two reskins. I was worried that we might get to keep King Boo or Dry Bones.

T________________T

We obviously need Baby Toad. Because 5 babies isn't enough.

I do suppose this means that Rosalina is a officially a main character
because you know you're a main character (or Daisy) when you've got a baby form

Reactions: Φ
They kicked Diddy for this shit?
Seriously.
Another baby's whatever I guess but a recolor over Diddy? A recolor over Junior?
Goddammit Nintendo I didn't want Lakitu in MK7 and I still don't want him now.

Reactions: Smilax and DDB