• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[May 22, 2015] Combo Breaker 2015 (Rosemont, IL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm going to spend Thursday sabotaging all sticks, pads, keyboards, and rock band guitars to mess with your predicted top 16

Intro theme? what? Is there like a list to pick from? I wouldn't want it to get muted once it hits Twitch/Youtube.

Intro theme? what? Is there like a list to pick from? I wouldn't want it to get muted once it hits Twitch/Youtube.
It's gonna be through the PA, the most you'll hear of it on stream is in the background. Also, I think the entire thing is recorded locally BUT if that's not the case, we'll adjust accordingly to prevent muting.

Picking FuLLBLee D: NCV and Worldjem over Winnie, Duckator, and Fuzzy is interesting.
Keninblack is sending both his and winnie's music, Duck's was picked by his boy, and Fuzzy isn't listed as attending. I didn't pick anybody over anybody, lol

Yeah just pm him. I tagged anyone who I thought would possibly be top 16 in an effort to cover bases.
Wow, I am so hurt. If I wasn't masochistic I'd be more upset about this.

Hey, @Night Phyre: What's the ruling on profanity in entrance music?

Hey, @Night Phyre: What's the ruling on profanity in entrance music?
Semi-related: @thehadou what's the ruling on profanity on stream commentary?
Rick indicated to me that he and his fellow organizers want things run professionally (as was the case in vetting the commentary), so I think we're going to be following PG-13 rules. Let me double check.

Chicago guys probably know this about me already, but I love to let the curse words fly. So I just wanna know how far I can go before someone is gonna kick me out of the chair. This is a completely serious and professional question.

Stream will be PG-13. So mild, irregular profanity won't get you kicked off the mic. Start reciting Limp Bizkit records though and I'll have you ejected from the building.

Stream will be PG-13. So mild, irregular profanity won't get you kicked off the mic. Start reciting Limp Bizkit records though and I'll have you ejected from the building.
If Limp Bizkit is the upper limit then we're keeping this practically virginal.

But yeah, I guess a couple submissions might have to go back to the brainstorm phase.

Chicago guys probably know this about me already, but I love to let the curse words fly. So I just wanna know how far I can go before someone is gonna kick me out of the chair. This is a completely serious and professional question.
You wouldn't get very far at all, lol. Besides, commentary was vetted ahead of time, no randoms jumping on the mic for lulz.
But yeah, I guess a couple submissions might have to go back to the brainstorm phase.
If censoring them literally results in dead air, then yeah, we need something else. I can manually make 'em radio safe, though, if it's feasible.

If censoring them literally results in dead air, then yeah, we need something else. I can manually make 'em radio safe, though, if it's feasible.
I think so far everything outside of Virginia has been okay but there's a coupla Y U N G G E N T L E M E N that you might want to get with on edits.

Reactions: Pickles and Kai
I think so far everything outside of Virginia has been okay but there's a coupla Y U N G G E N T L E M E N that you might want to get with on edits.
I see. Well, I'm gonna tag @keninblack because he's from VA and can tell whoever it is you're talking about that music will be censored to meet stream guidelines, so if those people are ok with that, carry on.

I see. Well, I'm gonna tag @keninblack because he's from VA and can tell whoever it is you're talking about that music will be censored to meet stream guidelines.
I already let him know over PM. The meeting of minds is inevitable.

Reactions: Kai
You wouldn't get very far at all, lol. Besides, commentary was vetted ahead of time, no randoms jumping on the mic for lulz.

I think I might be doing commentary for a couple other games is why I was asking. I'm awful at skullgirls commentary.

I think I might be doing commentary for a couple other games is why I was asking.
Looks like you're gonna need to be on your best behavior, then ;)

I guess I should be prepared to be disappointed that no one will use John Cena - My Time Is Now as their intro.

Justin Wong does it basically every year at CEO, so it definitely wouldn't be a first i'm afraid.

I will jump on that stage, pull a Stone Cold Stunner, and slam a beer. That is a Kazmer Guarantee.

Besides, I already made a great list of songs that match your characters. Eliza's da best

I guess I should be prepared to be disappointed that no one will use John Cena - My Time Is Now as their intro.
I will personally kick the ass of anyone who does
Agreed.

"Basic Thuganomics" was way better.

PS Peck is kinda killin it right now on the music selection.

Little more than a couple weeks left
I'm getting all giddy

Reactions: Mwisk
Oh PPS shoutouts to all this licensed music DESTROYING the twitch archives.

We might want to have a backup recording for youtube posterity.

Oh PPS shoutouts to all this licensed music DESTROYING the twitch archives.

We might want to have a backup recording for youtube posterity.
As mentioned, this won't be coming through the stream feed for exactly that reason, just the PA. You'll hear it in the background, but it's meant for live hype. I'm also going to confirm the recording situation with our streamer, and if there's serious concern that we might be negatively impacting the ability of people to watch the stream archive, we'll simply scrap the music idea as a last resort.

So, we've got our stream times.

8-10pm - Top 8 on Spooky's channel
11pm onward - Saturday Night Salt on Callisto's channel

I know we were wanting top 16 (who wouldn't, right?) but we've been given 4+ hours of stream time on a Saturday night, and that's pretty great to me. Special thanks to the TO @thehadou for providing fertile ground for SG to flourish. Rick's been very open to working with us, and you should all say thanks when you see him in Chicago :)

EDIT: as you'll see in a later post, we do get pools and top 16 streamed, but on channels not yet known to us.

Last edited:
Okay, then. Shouldn't have anything to worry about since the headset mics don't tend to pick up TOO much background noise.

Also all songs that have been approved so far are ripped and, where necessary or requested, edited for maximum effect, and are now sitting in a special folder that I can throw onto a flashdrive before heading out for the tournament. Keep 'em coming, folks. Who knows who'll make it to top 8 or be on Saturday Night Salt, so get your songs to me as soon as you can.

The fact that we got a top 8 in a prime time slot on the main stage is good enough for me

Time to become R O W D Y B O Y S

Reactions: Nomad and Kai
Status
Not open for further replies.