• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Mighty No. 9

Too early to call doom & gloom just because of Unreal Engine 3 and that video is clearly not the final product.
"Someday we will look back on this and laugh at how primitive it looks, but for now, for only one week of test work, it's pretty darn cool, don't ya think? :D"

The final 48 hours in crowd funding is the biggest spike period so wouldn't be too surprised if 3.7 million is eventually reached with less then 19 hours left.

Too early to call doom & gloom just because of Unreal Engine 3 and that video is clearly not the final product.

The final 48 hours in crowd funding is the biggest spike period so wouldn't be too surprised if 3.7 million is eventually reached with less then 19 hours left.

This is true! That looks like it might have been slapped together with some models and environments. there's still plenty of development time for them to create their own engine, even if it's based somewhat on unreal.

3DS and PS Vita versions!
New stretch goals!
If they don't make it to 3.8 million for that soundtrack I'll cry. I don't care for the racing mode, though.

>7 hours left

"Well alright, we did our best, I just hope Comcept can pull this off and give us a game to remembe-"

>next obtainable goal: SINGLE PLAYER CALL STAGE AND BOSS
>imagines playing as Call-E
>.....
>....
>...
>..
>.

What will happen to Comcept headquarters if we do not get this most essential of goals:

panda.gif

Wait... You want Call E too?

This could work out.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
I can't tell if I should just stick with the $60 tier, or go down to the $20 tier and add-on one of the NES usb physical copies.
I wish the physical copies were cheaper, I don't want to have to spend $100 just because I want the box and the usb...

Fuck it. I just dropped a $1,000 in the pot. I'm done.
Zeriam did you win/inherit some money recently? Cause everytime I see you and kickstarter together, you spending gallons of money on the woman.

Zeriam did you win/inherit some money recently? Cause everytime I see you and kickstarter together, you spending gallons of money on the woman.

It's like I said before...

I have two jobs and, out of both, I make about $8,700 a month.

Plus, I played the Classic and X series of Megaman and they hold a special place in my heart. So I want to see this go as far as it can.

Single Player Call Stage & Boss has been funded.

Also, a pic to celebrate the co-op mode being funded.

sample_5c30df0947b69f5c6674824fadc5f451.jpg

@Zeriam Does that mean you're singing the ending theme?
Also, I just took $4 out of the pot because I wanted the NES cartridge USB but I didn't want to pay $96 just to get the box and the cartridge.
I'm sorry everyone, if we don't reach the retro music tier it's clearly all my fault. I'm a terrible person.

@Zeriam Does that mean you're singing the ending theme?

I think I can only say one word or phrase while the credits are playing.

They're jumping the gun again, this time on that glorious Call stretch goal. Cool with me.

#3HoursOfHope

They're jumping the gun again, this time on that glorious Call stretch goal. Cool with me.

#3HoursOfHope

Apparently the Paypal money counter is separate from the Kickstarter money counter. So they actually haven't jumped the gun with any of these goals. The real total funding right now is around $3.78 million.

Apparently the Paypal money counter is separate from the Kickstarter money counter. So they actually haven't jumped the gun with any of these goals. The real total funding right now is around $3.78 million.

Well.

Elf.gif

I should probably lurk less because I feel I am a bit late to certain things but the E design is my favorite Call.

I personally think he should have finished the designs on all the contestants before doing the voting.

Agreed, one of the reasons I like Call E is that she feels complete and has multiple expressions so she has a more visible personality than a lot of the other concepts.

Yeah, I think I'm okay without the racing thing. I just hoped they don't reveal the last stretch goal to be something amazing at the last moment, because we're probably not getting it.

Keeping my fingers crossed for either E or F (mostly E). Honestly I'll be fine with anyone other than A, C, or D.

LOL A RANDOM BACKER JUST SKYPED THEM ON STREAM.

LMAO that random dude on Skype.

Edit: Now ShovelKnight crew on

I'm loving this chat.

• mechz71: All the Calls are equal. It's just that Call E is more equal than the others

Reactions: Crayolan
There is something that really might just be a coincidence.

MegaMan was inspired by Astro Boy, you can see the resemblance very clear. Mighty No. 9 is a spiritual sequel to MegaMan. Astro Boys japanese title was "The Mighty Atom".

I don't know if it's connected and it might be a coincidence, but I respect them if that was actually on purpose.

I wonder if the Mighty No.9 is supposed to be both a spiritual sequel to Megaman, and spiritual successor to Astro boy.

both. amd a small referenc to cyborg 009 too!

Still, almos 4 million on this project says that capcom was wrong in shelving all the megaman projects they had

Well. This makes the 3rd out of 3 crowd funding efforts I've participated in which have hit all their stretch goals. Guess I'm good at choosing what to fund.
Also lol @ money still coming in.