• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA NorCal/SF Bay Area Skullgirls

I am just sorta surprised that Aquapazza, DBFC, and Ultimate11 would be pulling enough numbers to really opt for any of them over SG. ^^;

But maybe I'm underestimating those scenes.

So this might be a thing you guys should know about...

http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/apr-3-2015-norcal-regionals-sacramento-ca.6590/

NORCAL REGIONALS 2015. To be held in Sacramento. April 3-5. Our tournament details are finalized yet because they haven't released that yet. But we'll get in at least as a side game. Kineda and them have been very helpful in the past. It'll be the West Coasts first big major and hopefully will bring out players from farther out. Will update you guys when more details are known.

Hey everyone, I know that I'm bad about posting here but I wanted to give you the update on the situation for our (currently non existent) locals. I have looked at some Venues and here is what I've ran into:

AFK Gamer Lounge in Downtown San Jose:
This venue was looking really promising for a long time. It was supposed to open in January, but it is now late february and there is still no note on when it will open. We're going to have to scratch out this one for now.

Legends Comics and Games at Vallco Mall in Cupertino
This venue has a sizable amount of space, is close to most of us, and has a ton of food places nearby. We're also a small enough crew that going in here on a pop-in/pop-out basis shouldn't be too bad. Unfortunately form their calender, they are running free TCG events almost every single day which makes it impossible for us to set up here. The ideal days for us (Saturday, Sunday, and Thursday night) are all taken up by free events.

Folsom Street Foundry
This was a promising venue at one point, but is still limited to 21+. This is only a problem because the 3 main event organizers (Me, Beamsprouts, and Biz Casual) are under 21. I've also been told there is basically no space there thanks to the melee players.

Myungcenter/Gamecenter in San Carlos
Space issue, but is otherwise the ideal venue. This one is probably MOST likely at this point.

Super excited for SG in NorCal!!

I sent some PS3 download codes to DacidBro to give to GC. Hopefully he gave them to them? Trying to get DLC character codes too, but no dice at the moment...

Super excited for SG in NorCal!!

I sent some PS3 download codes to DacidBro to give to GC. Hopefully he gave them to them? Trying to get DLC character codes too, but no dice at the moment...
Oh sick, it would be GREAT if we didn't have to swap out our PS3's when we were there. Thanks for being the best Render~

Facebook Event/Skullheart Event coming in about 20 minutes!

Hi I know i'm bad about keeping up with this thread, but if you are going to attend any event here please make it this one.
http://skullgirls.com/forums/index....ft-shademoneh-san-carlos-ca.7497/#post-283054

We are already looking to have quite a few guest players this month, and hopefully a few new faces (but not new fg players by any means) will be here as well. @RemiKz if you can drive/have the ability to, please try your hardest to make it to the local this month. We'd love to meet you in person :D

I maaaaaay be able to make it. Saturday nights work for me since Sunday is the only day I don't really work. My issue is I avoid driving late at night due to fatigue and the drive back home is something like an hour and a half. (and my car is jank is pretty jank)

I maaaaaay be able to make it. Saturday nights work for me since Sunday is the only day I don't really work. My issue is I avoid driving late at night due to fatigue and the drive back home is something like an hour and a half. (and my car is jank is pretty jank)
Would leaving at around 9:30-10pm be too late for you? The tournament should be over by then.

Hey norcal people ive trying to see about getting the central valley/ cen cal scene going again. if youre from around the area or wanna help me get some direction in figuring out how to go about organizing locals give it a look.

This may or may not be helpful but in the podcast I did with 6-Let I talked a little bit about how to form a Local Scene. CenCal does have some local players in Fosh, Negus, and I heard skippy + TOOD were thinking about picking up the game again. At the very least I know you could get some hangouts.

Its good to know that theres someone around. i know negus is in fresno, dont know about everyone else or how close anyone is since saying Modesto is "Cen Cal" is kind of subjective. i only recently got a ps3 so i dont have SG on it yet and if they can show up and bring a set up it would be a huge help. right now im just trying to spread the word, get a location, and hopefully the people who ensure that they are coming can help out with setups because unless i find somewhere that already has equipment setups are going to be something attendees will have to help with. after all some of these places just dont have the resources to help with that.

I'm new to this whole thing but kinda wondering if the grand opening of Round 1 at Eastridge Mall in San Jose might make a good location for South Bay SG.

Really, I'm just wondering where the heck I should try to be if I want to participate in any meaningful way in NorCal SG shenanigans.

I'm new to this whole thing but kinda wondering if the grand opening of Round 1 at Eastridge Mall in San Jose might make a good location for South Bay SG.

Really, I'm just wondering where the heck I should try to be if I want to participate in any meaningful way in NorCal SG shenanigans.

There were some talk about that. @Dolfinh did they approach you regarding SG at round 1?

So is anything still going on in this area? If not is there any interest to get stuff going somewhere?

So is anything still going on in this area? If not is there any interest to get stuff going somewhere?
Yes, I'm interested in another meetup at the MADE in Oakland. Maybe there's a Fri or Sat this month that works for people & we can get a better turnout? https://themade.org/

There's also the ongoing San Carlos thing. Hope to get to it someday. I should send out invites on PSN to people on weekends here for good connection matches while waiting for locals to happen.