• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Pokemon

It's wi-fi based, isn't it?

Just traded in a fat stack of obsolete games I had plus some other ones I don't really play (SF4, MVC3, Tekken 6, the Pokemon Ranger games, the first two Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm games, to name a few) to Gamestop for dat 30% bonus trade in towards Pokemon X. All paid off and waiting for a new region to jump into!

You will all bow down to Fennekin.

It's wi-fi based, isn't it?
So you have to like connect and that's it?

pre ordered mine... R$ 160,00 for a game is expensive, but compard to GTAV price (over R$ 210,00 in some stores), it's bearable.

you 'murican guys are lucky in the game price thing.

Reactions: Tiltyu
So... My parents work for merchandising companies, and they like to be dicks sometimes by sending me pictures of products they have early access to when getting them ready for sale days; like this one.

(Is a big picture I'm sorry! Q.Q)
JTb5jan.png

Curse them!

Reactions: Rellek
SWORD x2 COMBO

Now all it needs to learn is Double Edge and we're set!

Oh my fucking god please.

No, because then it would become another Metagross which is probably not good...

Even though 4 swords flying around attacking your opponent is pretty cool... It literally is its own Swords Dance...

No, because then it would become another Metagross which is probably not good...

Even though 4 swords flying around attacking your opponent is pretty cool... It literally is its own Swords Dance...
Ugh. Good point.
What would be cool is if it had a cross evolution like those two Pokemon in Gen V
Pokemon's final evolution is dual wielding them or holding a honedge.

There is actually an idea on another forum that there should be a shadow figure standing in the center, its arms are the ribbons covered in ghostly apparition stuff and it dual wields the swords. And a third eye is seen in the center of the ghostly mass.

Sounds really cool to me, but I would prefer the thing that joins the two to be something like a shield in the next evolution. Like those fancy wall-hanging things with two swords and a shield. The shield of course would have an eye as well and present a different coat of arms for each pokemon.

So has anyone else been catching up on any unfinished business with their Gen V games in anticipation for X and Y? I know I have been.

I've been going through the Black Tower in Black 2.

Been playin online and in the world tournaments quite a bit though I wont be able to play XandY for a while :( (unless if I win the sweepstakes which I doubt)

And I've been replaying the White Treehollow. Challenging Benga is fun, plus I like getting the Medals acciocated with "beating the floor in 2,000 steps or less" or something like that.

So has anyone else been catching up on any unfinished business with their Gen V games in anticipation for X and Y? I know I have been.
I'm still trying to finish White 2... I got through Giant Chasm a few days ago and I'm ready for Victory Road. Also doing some Dream World stuff before it shuts down for good and blowing through my failed Nuzlocke on my Emerald game so I can get Rayquaza and Groudon (I'm getting that Shiny Charm even if it kills me).

Only problem is getting a Chikorita...

Nupe... Ex is a bigger fan of Pokemon then I am, but she couldn't afford Black 2 or White 2 so I gave her my copy. I actually don't know what happens in that game past the first gym... *sighs*

I'm still trying to finish White 2... I got through Giant Chasm a few days ago and I'm ready for Victory Road. Also doing some Dream World stuff before it shuts down for good and blowing through my failed Nuzlocke on my Emerald game so I can get Rayquaza and Groudon (I'm getting that Shiny Charm even if it kills me).

Only problem is getting a Chikorita...

Is that a request?

Would you like a chikorita sir? I do believe I have one for you.

Any specific evolution in the line? Nature? Egg moves? Or perhaps you would like to do all that on your own?

Would you like a chikorita sir? I do believe I have one for you.

Any specific evolution in the line? Nature? Egg moves? Or perhaps you would like to do all that on your own?
Just a regular Chikorita is fine, thank you. It's for the Pokedex.
Anything in particular you need in return (random Pokemon, starter, DW Pokemon, Egg moves, etc)?

Just a regular Chikorita is fine, thank you. It's for the Pokedex.
Anything in particular you need in return (random Pokemon, starter, DW Pokemon, Egg moves, etc)?

Nothing. I'm set on all the pokemon.

EDIT: Well uh... Slight problem here... I seem to have misplaced my White 2 card... Uh. Fuck.

Nothing. I'm set on all the pokemon.

EDIT: Well uh... Slight problem here... I seem to have misplaced my White 2 card... Uh. Fuck.
Shoot me a PM if/when you find it.

Edit: Female Chikorita... Rellek, you're good people.

Last edited:
Shoot me a PM if/when you find it.

Edit: Female Chikorita... Rellek, you're good people.

That was completely and utterly unintetional. You got a lucky 1 in 8 chance there.

Anyone else think sometimes people play Pokemon way too seriously?
I mean, I always try to play for fun

After I discovered what EVs and Natures and all that stuff had to do with raising your little critters, I admit that I got a tinge more serious about my battling. But never to the point of pushing people around or anything like that.

After I discovered what EVs and Natures and all that stuff had to do with raising your little critters, I admit that I got a tinge more serious about my battling. But never to the point of pushing people around or anything like that.
Well I get that but I mean like specific seriousness.

I think one day i'll make a "Casual pokémon players" group somewhere to join all the non-competitive players data (friend codes, etc.) in a single place.

it gives way more hype than being chewed on by a spreadsheet player.

I think one day i'll make a "Casual pokémon players" group somewhere to join all the non-competitive players data (friend codes, etc.) in a single place.

it gives way more hype than being chewed on by a spreadsheet player.
Yeah, basically that. People who plan stuff way too much

I've sent my 3DS in to be fixed. Hopefully, it will return before X & Y come out.

Bitches don't know nothing about my top percentile Rattata.

But really, I play for fun. Sure, I became more invested after learning about EV training, but I do it for the sake of doing it. I've yet to battle anyone online and the only people I have battled were two friends who both handed my ass to me (one was a casual Pokemon gamer, the other had a battle team meant for OU). Yeah it sucks to lose, but I still had fun and didn't lose my cool over it or anything.

Depending on the game, I'll play very casually or I'll put in a lot more effort than normal, but I've yet to play a game where I wanted to be the best. At the most, I just want to be able to hold my own (and I usually do a crappy job of it, but I don't lose any sleep over it).

Reactions: Jutsei
I have the knowledge of a spreadsheet pro pokemon gamer, but the mentality of a 5-year-old girl when it comes to my choices for pokemon for "competitive" play.

Breeding
What I imagine: Bye Ditto! Have a great time in the daycare while mommy takes loving care of the eggs you produce! Love you! *Prance in circles until egg hatches* Oh it's so cute!
What's actually happening: Hours and hours spent whoring dittos to produce perfect IVs and natured pokemon for peak battle performance.

Pokemon Battling
What I imagine: Go Mienshao! *throws pokeball and pokemon appears* Oooh you're so pretty with your accessories! Now show me those backflips I taught you! 1, 2, 3, 4! Yay! You're the best! *hugs Mienshao*
What actually happened: Mienshao just murdered the opponent with a Choice Banded High Jump Kick.

i kinda get it Rellek...

still scares me halfway to hell

i kinda get it Rellek...

still scares me halfway to hell

You do realize that if you make a casual group, it'll eventually fall into tiers and ultimately not be the casual club anymore. It'd be torn into different classes and levels. There'll be the very very casuals who are terrible at the game entirely and then there'll be those guys like me that say they're casual but are definitely not so when it comes to raising and battling pokemon.

:(

still, while there'd be segments, eventually the "top" guys would see themselves as too good to get a challenge on the group and go away.

AAND, there's a gigantic "skill gap" between knowing how the game mechanics work and using then to your advantage and being a competitive player in pokemon.

it's like the difference between someone that breeds pokemons to have "exchangeables" and fill the pokedex and maniacs that breed the same pokemon over 20 times to get an ev/iv/personality/whatever perfect

even if you look in smogon the best moves for your type of pokémon, you won't abandon your favorite just to add a "top tier" you hate.

that's the gap between a casual and competitive players IMO.

roughly translating, the moment you cast away your preferences, tastes and "personality" away in favor of eficiency, you're no longer playing it "just for fun", it became "serious business" for you, you're no longer a casual.

That's why i'm sure i'll never be a competitive player. even if sandslash and scyther/scizor were the worst pokémon in the game, i'd still find a way to put them in my team because they're my favorites.

Last edited:
Reactions: Starlight777
I spent over 1000hrs on the first Pokemon Black/White after completing all the extras. and getting over 6,000,000 PokeDollars and the rest of that was breeding and ev training lol