• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

And with that, the queen waifus are here.

SEMI-BREAKING NEWS: Bryce Papenbrook is replacing Travis Willingham as Theodore in Persona Q. Don't be surprised if he also does Theo in Ultimax.

that's
huh

a very large discrepancy in vocal tone
you will be missed, Travis Willingham's smooth, buttery voice

Travis why, no.

Come back to us Travvy.

Come back to us.

Edit: Can Papenpiper even do anything that isn't angsty teenagery teen.

Edit: Can Papenpiper even do anything that isn't angsty teenagery teen.
he's the english dub voice of Red in Pokemon Origin.

i'm just wondering why didn't get like
Matt Mercer to do it i mean he's basically already replacing Troy as Kanji
no reason he can't pull double duty

i'm just wondering why didn't get like
Matt Mercer to do it i mean he's basically already replacing Troy as Kanji
no reason he can't pull double duty
He only temporarily replaced Kanji in the anime. It's still Troy in P4A, and presumably will still be Troy in Ultimax and the games to follow.

the only reason Mercer was chosen for the dub is because of Aniplex making false promises.

but he's not a bad replacement. a bit heavy in the accent but its bearable.

Uh, no. Troy was having his honeymoon, so he had to miss the second half of recording for the anime.

oh. My bad.
I knew that was the issue with Teddie and Chie, I figured Troy was one that just didn't go up on the radar.

Also, Whittenberg joined a union (apparently, voice actor unions hate semi-obscure games) and Rooney retired.

Mercer also recorded Kanji's new lines in Golden, and considering Troy is now probably waaaaay out of Atlus's price range
i'd call it pretty fair game now

Tell me. Does this Shadow Kanji sound like Matthew Mercer to you?

yep. I know that strikingly alluring fab hot-blooded voice anywhere.

sounds like Troy to me.

Last edited:
Considering that his voice is filtered and Matt can actually do a good voice match for Troy
yeah I could see it

Yeah, but it sounds exactly like Shadow Kanji, which is where I'm at in Golden, so I don't think that is actually Mercer.

Oh hey. Atlus's USA P4AU site is now more like the Japanese one. Just try not to laugh at the hilarious misspelling of Rise's name in the Character section.

then again Troy is pretty fond of Kanji, if I recall. I could see him working for comparitive peanuts just to reprise the role

On the US site it looks like there are unconfirmed characters I hope Ken and Adachi become playable

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
On the US site it looks like there are unconfirmed characters I hope Ken and Adachi become playable

Ken was in the E3 build, he'll be there eventually.

They haven't fully updated it yet. I betcha Ken and Adachi will show up before the game's release.

UM

DID ANYONE NOTICE
THERE IS A REMATCH BUTTON NOW

YAS

Also Shadow Kanji is everything I wanted and more
That win quote against Naoto...I just can't

There's going to be a Persona 4 Arena stage play. It's coming December 19th, according to Dengeki.

Also, several other things from the stream were recorded by RKOSun. Go check them out on his/her YouTube channel.

December 19th is my Birthday
What a present :D

There's going to be a Persona 4 Arena stage play. It's coming December 19th, according to Dengeki.

Also, several other things from the stream were recorded by RKOSun. Go check them out on his/her YouTube channel.
gasp! live action Labby-chan?! if only Minami Tsukui wasn't wasting her talents as Chie....

What'd he say in particular for that Naoto Win Quote? I couldn't hear it.
But if there are special win quotes against characters for Shadows too, good lord, all that dialogue.

There are. Normal characters have special win quotes for certain Shadow characters as well. As for what Shadow Kanji says...

Shadow Kanji said:
Your magnum was so amazingly destructive! It was fascinating... I was completely enraptured...!

but naoto doesn't use a magnu-oh
but naoto doesn't have a-oh

Oh.
I didn't realize that pun either.
Oh dear fucking lord there better be more sex puns where that came from.

There will be trust and believe

Versus every male character (especially about Aki's muscles and Chie's....Chieness)

Also preparing my sides for their overseas trip for Vs. Yosuke

They'll probably be all over Shadow Kanji's dialogue. As well as puns in general thanks to Teddie and Sho.

From the first time I heard S.Kanji go "hey there <3" when doing the anti air grab move

This was when I realized I'm joining the legion of scrub S.Kanjis with dumb titles online

Mine will probably be something like "Midnight Channel Shadow Lovenest"

I think I'll stick with the one I had last game, if all the words stay in: "Rugby Freedom Hypothesis."