• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

oh no it's femc figure all over again

get it away

Bf7xMZiCUAAR06w.jpg:large

get away from me

get awaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Bf7xMZiCUAAR06w.jpg:large

get away from me

get awaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

But Nap sempaiiiiiiiiiiii D:

Speaking of which, here's a FeMCXShinji thing for you guys

image.jpg

Shinji confirmed to enter Thought Route mode
Shinji confirmed in next Ace Attorney

Ikutsuki was lame, him being a villain was completely out of left field, and left a sour taste in my mouth. Stay dead you unfunny bastard.

They never did find the body.

Then again, it could also be Nyarly. He crucified Jun, Eikichi, and Lisa at the end of Eternal Punishment and threatened to restore their memories of the Other Side.

Or... it could be both.

maybe they can meat him down at the beef bowl place IN HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL

They never did find the body.

Then again, it could also be Nyarly. He crucified Jun, Eikichi, and Lisa at the end of Eternal Punishment and threatened to restore their memories of the Other Side.

Or... it could be both.

There is still the question of who the human half of the Epilogue Duo was. I don't really feel like Sho or SHO fit either of those two roles.

I'd prefer him to be gone or it to be Nyarly cosplaying as him, but the crucifix thing really is weirdly a callback when you notice it. Good observation on them, lol.

you know in the middle of all this
I realize that atlus made a horrible mistake in naming Persona 4 Dancing All Night

when they could have called it
Persona 4 Everyone is Dancing Furiously

It could have been worse. It could have been a golf game. (NOTE: The following image is a fanmade mockup that came from NeoGAF.)

Ne8IU8a.png

Reactions: Balder
It could have been worse. It could have been a golf game. (NOTE: The following image is a fanmade mockup that came from NeoGAF.)

Ne8IU8a.png

Just imagine it. You wind up or reel back or whatever it is they call getting the club ready, swing, hit the ball...

Lotus Juice: "Bogey bogey bogey bogey bogey bogey, b-b-b-bogey bogey bogey bogey bogey~ *J-pop*"

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
My favorite themes in PQ right now are the F.O.E. battle theme, and the Dark Hour mix of Light Up the Fire in the Night.

There's also this rockin' theme that plays at the end of Shinjiro's trailer that I really wish someone would upload.

Atlus is so weird at times.

They've already perfected the goddamn thing with EO4, I'm playing it right now and it is old school dungeon crawling grindfest nirvana.

So what did they think?

"Goddamn player? EO 4 is a godlike design, but it doesn't sell too hot? How do we get it to sell, how do we show people how real this game design is? Oh, we'll just take our cash cow and splice it together with this baller ass game. HEY, YOU EO GUYS DOWN THE HALLWAY, LETS MAKE YOUR GAME WITH OUR SKIN!"

They've already perfected the goddamn thing with EO4, I'm playing it right now and it is old school dungeon crawling grindfest nirvana.

So what did they think?

"Goddamn player? EO 4 is a godlike design, but it doesn't sell too hot? How do we get it to sell, how do we show people how real this game design is? Oh, we'll just take our cash cow and splice it together with this baller ass game. HEY, YOU EO GUYS DOWN THE HALLWAY, LETS MAKE YOUR GAME WITH OUR SKIN!"

I like to think of comparing this to why I hate games like FIFA, MLB, NBA, Madden and the like, but I'll play the hell out of Mario Strikers, Mario Super Sluggers, Mario Hoops 3 on 3, and if they ever make a "Super Mario Touchdown" game you can bet your last dollar I'll play that.

I like to think of comparing this to why I hate games like FIFA, MLB, NBA, Madden and the like, but I'll play the hell out of Mario Strikers, Mario Super Sluggers, Mario Hoops 3 on 3, and if they ever make a "Super Mario Touchdown" game you can bet your last dollar I'll play that.
That's kind of a bad comparison.

The first are decently realistic simulators while the Mario games could not get more arcade-y.

I love GT, it's a fantastic game, I'm not half bad at it.
My friends love Mario Kart, they're pretty good at it.
I could not jump from my world into theirs and vice-versa.

Persona Q is a 1:1 translation.

If you're godlike at EO games, you'll do just fine here, not only are they made by the same damn company and team, it's just EO with you summoning personas instead of levling up skills and stats.

Instead of a burst, they'll probably be a persona choice.
Some skills will us HP instead of all skills using TP.

That's probably the only design difference.

So what did they think?

I bet it was more like the persona guys were like

"how can we make a huge mashup of P3 and P4 characters but ensure that a lot of characters can get used? hey, dont the EO guys have a game that can have a lot of characters being used?"
"I think so"
-one walk down a hallway later-
"hey EO guys, can we use your game system for a Persona mashup game?"

Yeah I guess
Well this game provides me with the chance to fight with Teddie and his harem of P3 and 4 girls

That's all that really matters

I bet it was more like the persona guys were like

"how can we make a huge mashup of P3 and P4 characters but ensure that a lot of characters can get used? hey, dont the EO guys have a game that can have a lot of characters being used?"
"I think so"
-one walk down a hallway later-
"hey EO guys, can we use your game system for a Persona mashup game?"
I mean, Persona and EO games are pretty similar, one just has a Vis. Nov. aspect.

They could have done their game their old way if they wanted to do that.

I mean, Persona and EO games are pretty similar, one just has a Vis. Nov. aspect.

They could have done their game their old way if they wanted to do that.
I think they'd rather have it be good. :PUN:
kidding

Oh boy. Found something interesting regarding PQ on NeoGAF:

If you don't enter in a name and just hit "start," it will assign the MC you are currently naming a randomized Japanese name.

Here's the joke: "Yu," "Narukami," "Minato," "Arisato," "Makoto," "Souji," and "Seta" are not present in the pool of names that the random selection draws from.

Reactions: Cybermanworf
Looked her up
she's been in the business for a while, but mostly does announcers and computer voices and the like
good to see we know who she is, maybe

My waifu got a new VA? D'awww, I loved the old one. The new one they got for the later half of the anime sounded like a fucking smoker.

She's got the same voice clips in the E3 trailer as in P4A (which did not credit Naoto's VA, like in P4), so I think Naoto's original English voice actor has been revealed.

Maybe Naoto just likes to blaze on that dank kush
and solve the mystery of where all the brownies went (the culprit is heeeeeeeeeer)

Ruin you are just tops

In other news
image.jpg

Reactions: Cybermanworf
Ms. Arem has created a Twitter account at @Val2000VO, so feel free to bombard her with Naoto questions.

And then you'll learn why she was so secretive.