• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

there's a lot of new shit but not all of it is good
at best I could say that there's enough actual gameplay differences to warrant trying out (like everyone learns new stuff from S. Links, not just Lise)

Best change is bath towels

Nothing beats replaying Kanji dungeon with all dudes in bath towels

then don't get one the vita has like 4 games and all of them are on other platforms anyway

Do research on what Vita games are out and what are coming soon especially the ones being localized to determine if any of them currently appeal to you. If you like what you see then look for special bundles or buy used (the OLED version was my preference), but only real drawback of the Vita are the memory card prices. Personally been steadily building a game library for the Vita and the titles coming out in the next few months will keep me playing on it for a good while.

About P4G specially yeah the general consensus even for people that played the original game is that there are enough new content/general enhancements to warrant going another trip back to Inaba.

The costumes you get from clearing events/buying from the shop are great too. Naturally carries over for NG+

n4cY9.jpg

I know it will hurt, but buy a really good memory card. its a great investment in the long run.

Yeah you will be fine if you look for a 'cheap' 32-64 GB card online and limit your download titles.

like I said, it hurts, but its worth it in the long run.

Alright, hold up.
So, I decided to check out to see if I could get a PS Vita anywhere.
And it seems to just be straight out of stock...
Everywhere.
No PS Vita new model (Even more confusing is the sheer fact no sites seem to be listing the new PS Vita model), and no stocks of that (crappy) Borderlands 2 bundle.
Guess I gotta wait a while, huh?
Or am I missing something?

Why're you throwing money away buying a Vita in the first place.

I think a good rule of thumb on handhelds or consoles is "can you name at least ten games you want on it that aren't on something else?"

Once you've got that, at least there's a library's worth of things you genuinely want.

It took Vita awhile to get there, just like PSP (or 3DS), but it's making a case for satisfying the test finally lol.

Still though, a bit confused on if they're in stock or not, because both Best Buy and Gamestop's site said neither were in stock.
Are thye not in print right now?
I might need to wait for a new bundle if that's the case, crap.

maybe they're still in the middle of pushing out the new models?

You guys just don't know how to coupon. I got a 16-gig memory card for 10 bucks.

I think a good rule of thumb on handhelds or consoles is "can you name at least ten games you want on it that aren't on something else?"

Once you've got that, at least there's a library's worth of things you genuinely want.

It took Vita awhile to get there, just like PSP (or 3DS), but it's making a case for satisfying the test finally lol.

Uhhhh

1.) Super Mario 3D World
2.) Super Smash Bros for Wii U
3.) Bayonetta 2
4.) The Wonderful 101
5.) gotta be other stuff
6.) er
7.) ah
8.) guh
9.) Oh yeah Mario Kart 8
10.) derp

This was before E3, so I was not aware of Hyrule Warriors and Splatoon. Nevertheless, I just kinda capped my decision at 3D World, Smash, Bayo 2, and The Wonderful 101 (two Platinum Games are worth 10 games anyway). I guess my rule of thumb is do I want a game on it, cause I got a Vita for Golden and found out about Gravity Rush later.

For shame, Clawsome.

You forgot Pikmin 3 and DKC Tropical Freeze.

Oh yeah you're right whoops
My thought process kinda just ended after the prospect of two Platinum games

Welp that there makes 10, validating my previously invalid purchase

Anyway.
Ken looks rad.
Sounds kinda...eh. Maybe it's an acquired sound.
Lol at knocking out doge

10 vita games from the top of my head (Not including PSP title downloads, Multi-Platform,non updated vita remake titles, or even non localized titles but since it's region free don't let that stop you if you want a certain game) that are out/gonna be coming out that I was interested in..

1. Persona 4 Golden
2. Dangan Ronpa
3. Dangan Ronpa 2
4. Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus
5. Persona 4 Dance All Night
6. Tales of Hearts R
7. Demon Gaze
8. Ys: Memories of Celceta
9. Mind Zero
10. Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment

I'm missing some more to list, but there is enough out there to warrant a vita purchase for at least me if you enjoy jrpg, fighters, adventure, etc, but there is a big lack of AAA western games support for the Vita so if you want a bunch of those it's gonna be a struggle though.

That Arena stage-play though would be interesting to see how that can work out. Hope that an Arena anime is spawned as a result since there already is a manga adaption out...
i016.jpg

Reactions: SanoBaron
so, we're getting Muramasa Rebirth for one of the free July games. how would you guys rate it?

Todd Haberkorn can do no wrong in my book. I like him as Sho, and all the ham that comes with it.

This final boss theme is fantastic.

I don't need it
I don't need it
I definitely don't need it