• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Shin Megami Tensei and Persona

She's gonna have a tsundere drive.

but she ain't freakin' Minato

Reactions: Cybermanworf
No clue. Based off of the article, I guess she'd be extreme keepaway, possibly with projectiles that are usable while Persona Broken.

So that clears whatever small doubts that Golden is canon.

Also called it and even guessed her Persona (Kaguya is one of my favorite personas) right. People kept saying Makoto or even Fuuka (lol) would be next. The Golden anime that released recently that prominently features Marie was too close to the Arena game to not promote her.

Speculation: She will have a brief awakened install super similar where she is reflects everything back for a brief time which ultimately leads to a free mix up. Also expect a bunch of lightning attacks that inflict panic. Kaguya skills too will be present.

Makes sense.

Junpei, Yukari and Ken/Doge from P3
Adachi and Rise from P4
Sho and Pershona brand new characters

I thought that if there would be any more characters they would be from P4 to even it out, possibly Margaret or Marie (there aren't any more P4 Persona users and we already have Elizabeth for the P3 Velvet Room Rep so we need a P4 one).

Anyway yeaaaaaah I liked Marie. She took a while to grow on me but I'm looking forward to her

887025elizabeththeomargaret.jpg

you can kill yourself now

Marie's trash-tier, though.

Even in comparison to the rest of your P4 girl choices.

Dang Ultimax, stop with the hype, lol. Looks like I'm going to start watching the anime or a Golden playthrough to learn more about this gal.

Someone managed to record Kenomaru's full IK:

In the adachi trailer he didn't have a shadow form show up at the end which implies that he doesn't have a shadow form, even though is not a great deal of information for marie at the moment do you think she would have a shadow form?

Nah. What happened at the end of her dungeon (not gonna spoil unless asked) definitely wasn't a Shadow fight, but more of a fight to get Marie back to her right state of mind.

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
That ain't Theodore. Bleugh. I'm in the 'Marie-sucks-ass' boat so I'm not thrilled about her inclusion.

So if that were the case that makes 6 characters without a shadow form, Shadow labrys, Elizabeth, Sho, Pershona and now Adachi and Marie, even with out these characters not having shadows forms and if you count shadow type characters as seperate character then the roster of this game is huge, like 36 characters.

so will Marie be good Elizabeth?

Guys. If this section of the supposedly leaked script for P4GA episode 2 is correct, we're in for a ton of crazy crap:

(the following takes immediately after Yu and co leave the TV world)

Yosuke: That's weird, it got really hot all of a sudden.
Chie: Yeah, now that you mention it... i'm burning up!
Yosuke: Aww geez, I think my phone's busted. The date says it's July 13th...
Yu: It is July 13th.
Yosuke: Dude, what? How the hell did could we travel 2 months into the future?
Yu: I made it happen.
Chie: You're joking, right?
Yu: I seem to have control over time now.
Chie: Seriously?!? How is that even possible?
Yu: I don't know.
Chie: I don't believe this!
Yosuke: Oh god, 2 months of my life, just gone. I've missed so many golden opportunities... I could have gotten a girlfriend by now!
Yu: Oh yeah, I think you guys have scooters now.
Chie: This day just keeps getting weirder and weirder...
Kanji: Yo, are you guys still up for that operation up close and personal thing?
Yosuke & Chie: Who the hell are you?!?

The fuck

so will Marie be good Elizabeth?

YOU DARE-

Okay fine Liz is kinda bad but I like her

Looks like The Nose makes the best anti-air

Yeah that is Kaguya and one of my favorite designed personas. She seems to have a weather mechanic that seems to provide various benefits depending on the symbol. That shock wave attack that inflicted shock may be her DP since I see blue health. She seems to have a shuffle time type super but no idea if it's a grab or projectile. She also dons her white hood outfit after what is likely her IK.

Kaguya looks cool and more or less beats the crap out of any other magic based Persona you can use in terms of diversity in spells and power (maybe second in power to Scythach). It made me glad I decided to max the Aeon Social Link for kicks.
The weather mechanic sounds coooooool, can't wait to see how it works.

Hyper Speculating Goggles go:
Next to the umbrella icon you can see a little HP Up Sign
Nothing next to the cloud sign
Maybe this means different weather has different effects that may or may not have anything to do with your opponent
Possibly
Cloudy: No Effect
Sunny: Attack Up
Snowy: Defense Up
Yada yada yada and so on
Just gonna repost the pics here cause why not

image.jpg

Edit:

UH

At 45:11

WHOSE THEME IS THIS
ITS SOUNDS REALLY FUCKING GOOD

NANAKO MAYBE?????

Last edited:
Finally got back to Persona 4 to finish what I started 5 years ago.
Now that I beat Shadow Yukiko, I feel like a giant weight is off my shoulders.
I could've done better, still getting used to fusion (acidentally fused a few things away before they got all skill), but it's done.
Now I just gotta worry about Shadow Kanji, and apparently everything after that is piss easy.

Marie has a weather mechanic?
We Scarlet Weather Rhapsody now?

I actually think Shadow Yukiko is one of the tougher bosses in the game, simply because you're so limited since it's so early in the game. It's pretty smooth sailing from there up until Kunino-Sagiri as long as you do your grinding.

Does every boss have a save point/teleport back to base before the boss?
Because if that's the case, I can grind the fuck out of the day when I get there.

It's also worth noting that I'm on Beginner because 2009 me sucked and was a weenie.
I swear Persona 4 Golden will play on Normal.

There is indeed always a save point right before the Boss, handy as all hell.

I was tempted on doing my first playthrough on easy a few years back, but I ended up going with normal, aaaaand got my balls rocked. But I suffered through until I got into the swing of things by Shadow Kanji.

Even 2009 Jutsei had heard about how fucking hard SMT and Persona games could be, that's a contributing factor, really.

Pretty much everyone says that, Yukiko and Kanji rock your shit, but after that, it gets a lot easier and you can relax after that.

Oh, and everyone says to abuse the Fusions. Which I am definitely doing.

2012 Beat was in the same boat, and that was when I was expanding my stomping grounds of RPGs, Persona seemed like the most interesting thing at the time.

I actually think S.Kanji isn't so bad as long as you know the right strategy, which is just knowing the weaknesses of the Nice Guy and Tough Guy, and taking them out first. One of them can heal Kanji (forgot which one) and that's always a real bitch to deal with.

In terms of Fusions, I would agree with what the majority say. I got through my first playthrough exclusively using Black Frost up until endgame when I found out about the real good Personas like Trumpeter.

And naturally you also HAVE to do Social Links.
I've heard a good bit of advice is to finish the dungeons as early as you can so you can dedicate the rest of your time to maxing out social links.

Well of course. Here's how I tackle dungeons in the least amount of days as I can:

Day 1: Fight my way up right before the mini-boss, grind using my remaining SP and get the hell outta there.
Day 2: Fight the mini-boss, fight my way up to the boss room, save, grind until I run out of SP.
Day 3: Boss time.

And you have the rest of your days to develop your harem and collection of bros.