• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Skullbats EU PC

Here my happy fun times:

IsaVulpes (MsFortune/Fukua/Parasoul) vs
- R1: cYanide (BBand/Bella) [00:00]
- R2: Daxam (Bella/BBand) [05:50]
- R3: zeknife (Squigly/BBand/Double) [08:50]
- R4: JoJy (Double/BBand) [16:10]
- R5: sanji (Pea/Beo/BBand) [21:10]
- R6: Ward (Eliza/Filia/Fukua) [29:00]
- R7: Morgan (Bella/BBand, Bella/BBand/Eliza) [38:00]

- Bonus Note: Lobby Hype [20:30]

Editing is super shit because I was too lazy to do anything
Match vs Morgan is muted because I played ~forbidden track~ and it banned the video worldwide

Reactions: SScrux
Hi how about not having this next week because Combo Breaker
I'd agree if some of our players were going there, though the only EU player that I know of going to Combo Breaker is Mr Peck - who doesn't play in Skullbats these days anyway, so there's no conflict here.

I'd also agree if any Skullgirls stream was live during Skullbats hours but from I see in the schedule (note: Skullbats starting time is Chicago's 1 PM), all Skullgirls evens are on Friday and Saturday. The events taking part on Sunday during Skullbats hours are for the Mystery Tournament, KI, Melee and MKX.

I mean, we could take the week off so people can watch those live, but I'm not sure this reason would be relevant enough? Did you have in mind freeing the Sunday to give space for those, or was it out of concern for possible conflicts with Skullgirls events?

(also, unless there is some additional Skullgirls side tourney/stream planned for Sunday that I don't know of? - info needed if so)

Last edited:
Yeah, Combo Breaker stream stuff for SG should be on Friday/Saturday and shouldn't conflict with your guys's sbats.

(also, unless there is some additional Skullgirls side tourney/stream planned for Sunday that I don't know of? - info needed if so)

The only thing unaccounted for is if we decide to run a Robo fortune side tournament, but we don't know if we are doing that at all and it's very unlikely to be streamed.

IsaVulpes (MsFortune/Fukua/Parasoul) vs
- R1: cYanide (BBand/Bella) [00:00]
- R2: Daxam (Bella/BBand) [05:50]
- R3: zeknife (Squigly/BBand/Double) [08:50]
- R4: JoJy (Double/BBand) [16:10]
- R5: sanji (Pea/Beo/BBand) [21:10]
- R6: Ward (Eliza/Filia/Fukua) [29:00]
- R7: Morgan (Bella/BBand, Bella/BBand/Eliza) [38:00]

Does half of Europe play Big Band? Yikes.

Yeah, Combo Breaker stream stuff for SG should be on Friday/Saturday and shouldn't conflict with your guys's sbats.

The only thing unaccounted for is if we decide to run a Robo fortune side tournament, but we don't know if we are doing that at all and it's very unlikely to be streamed.

Technically you could say he's the "Fukua" of Europe or whatever char is insanely common in NA. I've seen a lot of Fukuas in most NA matches I've watched.

Don't go to Japan. Big band, fukua and BB's stage EVERYWHERE.

@LugerSpamDouble learn2quote

@dragonos451 pls go easy on me.
*sigh*
As far as I remember, every person who told me that ended up at some point in my "I hate you" folder for a reason or another.

Watch your step.

Last edited:
pls go easy on me.
*sigh* As far as I remember, every person who told me that ended up at some point in my "I hate you" folder for a reason or another.
Oh no, I am in your "I hate you" folder

I mean, we could take the week off so people can watch those live, but I'm not sure this reason would be relevant enough? Did you have in mind freeing the Sunday to give space for those, or was it out of concern for possible conflicts with Skullgirls events?

My reasoning was less a direct conflict and more just uuuh... to make space.

Like, Friday and Saturday is the biggest bestest SG tournament ~of all time~.
Sunday is to settle down, talk about Fri+Sat, perhaps catch some at-tourney stream if there is one (Some Sets are played, a 3v3 tourney is played, Robo Tourney may happen etc - maybe someone will bring their 4G phone), and let people .. how do you say it? Bask in the afterglow
Cutting SBats this week despite technically not conflicting would umm /focus/ the attention on CB. Instead of an Announcement on Thursday "Hi there is the same weekly as every week come play maybe", one with "Hi there is no tournament this week because COMBO BREAKER ON FRIDAY AND SATURDAY GO WATCH THAT" would pull people in. I think?

Basically what I'm saying is that this weekend, the heart of Skullgirls (the Skullheart, ha-ha) is at Combo Breaker, and it feels weird to me to just "go on as if nothing happened" a mere day later.
Maybe my reasoning is stupid? I don't know. This is just the way I feel etc

*sigh*
As far as I remember, every person who told me that ended up at some point in my "I hate you" folder for a reason or another.

Watch your step.

I used that in a sarcastic tone, but okay?

Cutting SBats this week despite technically not conflicting would umm /focus/ the attention on CB. Instead of an Announcement on Thursday "Hi there is the same weekly as every week come play maybe", one with "Hi there is no tournament this week because COMBO BREAKER ON FRIDAY AND SATURDAY GO WATCH THAT" would pull people in. I think?

I'm all for supporting CB and encouraging people to watch. Though, I really don't think it's a reason to cancel Skullbats.

First of all, it does not *yet* conflict with any SG event happening on CB, so canceling it is kinda like "wowowowowowowowo, can't have too much SG this weekend, son"
Beside, what better meetup for us EU players so we can talk about those sick techs we saw friday/saturday, before/during/after Skullbats?

Secondly, I think a lot of players from the Skullbats community won't give one care about it. Don't wanna wake the "too casual tournament" thing, nor sound too pessimistic about it, but I don't think such a message will take. Especially when it kinda sounds like "yo son, how about you don't do your pathetic thing on sunday and watch me do grown up stuff this weekend?"
I'm all for people proving me wrong, though.

Beside, what better meetup for us EU players so we can talk about those sick techs we saw friday/saturday, before/during/after Skullbats?
I agree with this completely.

I kinda agree with both camps. On one hand I see the point of making room this week, so that people can invest their weekend Skullgirls time on watching the streams rather than playing in the tournament. But then, if people watch it live it doesn't conflict with Skullbats, and if they'll do it from recordings, those aren't really going anywhere.

Also as Rex mentioned, I do get the impression that most of our regulars might not care about it that much, or at least not enough to not be in a state of mind to play for 1,5h the next day. Plus for those that do care and watch it, Skullbats aftertalk is indeed a pretty good opportunity to exchange impressions about Combo Breaker. From a purely utilitarian perspective, I feel more collective contentment will be achieved by having Skullbats as usual than cancelling it.

That said, that doesn't conflict with promoting CB streams. I'll prepare an announcement with a short description, stream links and airing hours in EU time so that we have a handy resource to keep for ourselves and easily pass to friends to inform them about it.

Reactions: IsaVulpes
gOYoRTr.png
This is interesting.
Challonge has had a 3-step tiebreaker for a few months now, though now sure when the option to customise those steps was implemented. Might have been recently, or maybe I just haven't noticed it for a while.

The order in the picture above is the default one which we've been using so far. It seems to work for us, plus ties matter little in the end when they do not factor in point distribution towards season standing.
But, bringing this up to say that yes, if there would be good arguments for changing what tiebreaker we use for our weeklies, it IS something that is within our power to change.

6th week of season 6 finished!

RESULTS: http://skullbatseu.challonge.com/sbeupcs6w6

1st - Muro (@Muro)
2nd - JoJy (@LugerSpamDouble)
3rd - Crux (@SScrux)
1. Muro
1. zeknife
3. Kuroonehalf
3. SillyOldDragon
5. ath
5. JoJy
7. Sanji
8. Morgan
Season Standing: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jBq9pq-pq3YEFCMrsAFWrrPdJp1WWmuJ1SnZkMGyP10/

Feel free to share match recordings below (or above, you quick Darren you).

Also, be sure to drop in next Sunday - it will be week 7, the last chance to earn points towards season standing before season finals!

Spares me 5 seconds of editing that line when copying last week's results and turning it into this week's, so I'm not complaining.

As I wrote this down anyway for someone who asked, I figured I might drop it here in case someone isn't quite sure how point distribution towards season standing works:

xxx:
Btw I dont understand how points are distributed, there are so many people who won 3 points Oo
Muro: You mean points towards season standing, yes?
xxx: Yes :)
Muro: Vulpes explained it in detail here (http://skullheart.com/index.php?threads/skullbats-eu-pc.417/page-14#post-267041), but I'll try to give you the short version.
Muro: So, this is easiest to explain on an example, so go here and slide all the way down so you see the rank table. http://skullbatseu.challonge.com/sbeupcs6w6
Muro: Players are given point based on which "tier" they end up in a given week (where tier = group of players with the same number of wins).
Muro: The point distribution is:
1st tier: 9* points
2nd: 7
3rd: 5
4th: 3
5th: 2
6th+: 1
Muro: So, in this week:
1st tier - 7 wins - 10* points (1 person)
2nd tier - 6 wins - 7 points (1 person)
3rd tier - 5 wins - 5 points (1 person)
4th tier - 4 wins - 3 points (6 players)
5th tier - 3 wins - 2 points (4 players)
6th+ tier - 2 wins and less - 1 point (3 players)
DQ tier - people who left mid-tourney regardless of wins - 0 points (2 players)
*if the first tier is occupied by only one person, that person gets 10 points instead of the "default" 9 to reward him for the clear win.
Muro: Normally (in previous weeks) we have several people tied for 3rd, 2nd and/or even 1st tier, so it's rare that there's only one person who gets 10, one who gets 7 and one who gets 5 points.

Here's the playlist for 4/7 of my games.

This was my first Skullbats and there was lots going on (plus I'm an idiot) so I forgot to turn my recording on for three games. The matches I missed were 2-0 to Sanji, 2-1 to RH Inz. NBlast and 2-1 to Nodscouter.

Thanks for having me and hopefully I can improve when I keep coming every week. And remember to record all 7 next time...

Reactions: Muro
Not sure why, but apparently 720p in my recent videos only plays in 60fps on Youtube, but not when embedded on Skullheart? I'm puzzled.
So for those who care about that aspect, it's probably better to watch the playlist on YT by clicking the nice little YOUTUBE icon in the lower right corner.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4th
Contacted the Skullheart staff and reorganised the first page of this thread a bit.
In result my post is now the 1st one, hence allowing me to update the OP on a weekly basis with up-to-date rules, current season standing and past brackets and results.

Makes synchronising the content of the OP and the Steamgroup's summary much easier, too.
The latter's strict character limit was too low to include all relevant information, so now it directs to the thread's OP for detailed rules.

Last edited:
Sorry for missing the last Skullbats EU. Me and a friend got a bit carried away with "Don't Starve Together".

WHAT:
The Skullbats EU PC Season 6 Top8 Finals will be a streamed double-elimination tournament, seeded by rank in the season standing.
All matches will be FT2 (=best of 3), except for winners finals, losers finals and grand finals which will be FT3 (=best of 5).

TIME:
This Sunday (07-06-2015), starting at 7:00pm BST/8.00pm CEST/9.00pm EEST (=standard Skullbats starting time).
All matches will be on stream (in both winners and losers brackets), and so judging by previous finals we can expect the event to take about 2,5h.

STREAM:
The top8 finals will be streamed live at www.twitch.tv/stopmurotime, in 360p60fps quality, with commentary from @RexLeRouge and @Muro.

BRACKET LINK:
http://skullbatseu.challonge.com/sbeupcs6top8

Last edited:
I presume this operates under standard tournament rules (All matches 2/3 except WF/LF/GF, which are 3/5)? Maybe put that down somewhere as well
Yup, that is correct. I always include that info in the challonge bracket, but sure, added it to the "WHAT" section of the post above yours and Steam announcement because why not.

This just in: this season finale will come with a prize!

The prize is a video game on Steam for the player who manages to get 1st place on Sunday.
Save for a small teaser, we'll keep the title a secret for now, for the mystery factor.
Let it be known there's more than just glory that you'll all be fighting for, though!

Big thanks to @Yallus who generously contributed the prize for our future champ.

Don't worry, we're not the kind to reward the spelling bee's winner with a dictionary!

Reactions: SScrux