• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Souls Series and Bloodborne

Since I already cleared the game with different melee offense builds I'm going to be doing miracles and spells as more of a support character at first, willing to help out anyone who wants it. Will probably also have phys builds laying around as well.

Hey, dear Everyone Who Bought the Game on Steam,

ITS HERE

DOWNLOAD IT NOW

OR DECrypt it if you already preloaded it I guess i dunno my lifes a mess

Shit's preordered and coming here tomorrow, and since you likely won't find much about Covenants in-game unless by accident...
I checked out all the covenants and...

HELL IS REAL THERE ARE FUCKING TWO BELL BRO COVENANTS THIS TIME

I tried to put the thing in the thing but I wasn't getting the prompt so I tried putting the thing on the ground so I could pick it up again and retry and then it was gone forever.

Nice hustle good effort I tried my best.

Edit: I'm running into some pretty significant problems in the game. For one, whenever I engage in any jolly co-operation none of my allies animate hardly ever, and just slide around the game and people kind of die around them, and enemies linger a while before dying. On top of this, there is some fucked up stuff going on between the host and the summons, because so far I've run into a specific boss that turns into a street fighter bonus stage to the phantoms. The boss kinda just slides around and spins on the phantom's end, but for the host it's actually doing a ton of attacks. I think I ran into a similar thing with another boss as well.

Also every menu noise fucks up the bgm and anyone speaking.

These aren't the kinds of things I thought I'd be running into.

Last edited:
Just bought DS3 on steam and playing it as my first DS game. Looking forward to dying a lot. And probably going to either play Thief or Mercenary. I aint no shield wuss. Also really like difficult games so I'm really looking forward to this and crashing at bonfires.

I tried to put the thing in the thing but I wasn't getting the prompt so I tried putting the thing on the ground so I could pick it up again and retry and then it was gone forever.

Nice hustle good effort I tried my best.

Edit: I'm running into some pretty significant problems in the game. For one, whenever I engage in any jolly co-operation none of my allies animate hardly ever, and just slide around the game and people kind of die around them, and enemies linger a while before dying. On top of this, there is some fucked up stuff going on between the host and the summons, because so far I've run into a specific boss that turns into a street fighter bonus stage to the phantoms. The boss kinda just slides around and spins on the phantom's end, but for the host it's actually doing a ton of attacks. I think I ran into a similar thing with another boss as well.

Also every menu noise fucks up the bgm and anyone speaking.

These aren't the kinds of things I thought I'd be running into.

Have you checked your internet connection? That sounds like you're lagging out in multiplayer. How many times has this happened? If it's a regular thing and your connection is fine, then you might want to make sure that your matchmaking settings are correct.
As for the menu noises, what specifically is wrong? Does it literally reset your settings or is it just loud compared to everything else? If it's the latter, then remember that sound effects, voices, and music are all separate adjustable levels.

Just bought DS3 on steam and playing it as my first DS game. Looking forward to dying a lot. And probably going to either play Thief or Mercenary. I aint no shield wuss. Also really like difficult games so I'm really looking forward to this and crashing at bonfires.
Have fun!

Also keep in mind that your starting class is more of a head-start on the build you want, as you can manually invest points in your stats as you see fit. So you can easily transition from any starting build to anything else.

Reactions: Kyugetsuki
After having gone through Bloodborne a second time and am finishing DS1, I have a relevation to discuss...
Dark Souls really isn't that hard. It's difficult, yeah, but its more about being prepared...Like, seriously, even if you're bad at the game you can get through most of it just by taking it slow, learning your weapon of choice, and memorizing area layouts as you die in them. There's really not much to it now that I think about it. It's well done, but after realizing this...I also realized just how annoying the whole "git gud" mentality a very vocal portion of the community is, and just how toxic that whole mentality is...

I also heard that an easy mode was considered for Dark Souls 3 but was dropped due to heavy fan backlash? Is that true? That's the stupidest thing! An Easy mode would've been perfect for easy newcomers and more casual gamers into the mechanics and world before showing them the real challenge of the game!

Speaking of Dark Souls 1, I still don't own Dark Souls 1. How might one procure it? Because Amazon is selling it for $35 and I don't quite feel compelled to spend that kinda money on a 5 year old game

Speaking of Dark Souls 1, I still don't own Dark Souls 1. How might one procure it? Because Amazon is selling it for $35 and I don't quite feel compelled to spend that kinda money on a 5 year old game

Do you have a PC that can run it?

Okay then I guess, you can try your local brick and mortar store for a copy, otherwise you'll just need to order it. Kinda limiting yourself by not using a platform that supports it's digital download.

used to the Playstation controller
You do know getting PlayStation controllers to work on PC is easy, right?

I know that's not the point here, but it doesn't make much sense as a detractor.

Also PC version comes with the DLC, your PS3 version will cost you an extra $15(?) for that.

It's $10, but yeah. Steam version is $19.99 and comes with DLC, you're gonna be hard-pressed to find a physical copy for 10 bucks.

Have you checked your internet connection? That sounds like you're lagging out in multiplayer. How many times has this happened? If it's a regular thing and your connection is fine, then you might want to make sure that your matchmaking settings are correct.
As for the menu noises, what specifically is wrong? Does it literally reset your settings or is it just loud compared to everything else? If it's the latter, then remember that sound effects, voices, and music are all separate adjustable levels.

It happened consistently every time I summoned a phantom or was summoned as a phantom, my connection should be fine too.

The menu thing is like, every time the menu makes a sound, it either attenuates every other sound happening, or it makes it kinda skip. I'm assuming that these were common problems but if its just me maybe I should see if its still doing it so I can record it.

edit: the co-op thing has been fixed since the last time I played, but the audio bug is still there. I imagine the issues I was having before probably had to do with the servers having problems or something.

heres some demonstrations of the audio thing

Last edited:
Did not crash at any bonfires yet. Wooo! I want my dual scimitars soon. Shields feel w0nky. Also died like 10 times to the first boss. Felt good.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

edit: the co-op thing has been fixed since the last time I played, but the audio bug is still there. I imagine the issues I was having before probably had to do with the servers having problems or something.

heres some demonstrations of the audio thing

That audio problem is really weird and the short amount of searching I did revealed no reasons as to why, but a few people have said doing a full reboot of their computer fixed it, so try that.

After having gone through Bloodborne a second time and am finishing DS1, I have a relevation to discuss...
Dark Souls really isn't that hard. It's difficult, yeah, but its more about being prepared...Like, seriously, even if you're bad at the game you can get through most of it just by taking it slow, learning your weapon of choice, and memorizing area layouts as you die in them. There's really not much to it now that I think about it. It's well done, but after realizing this...I also realized just how annoying the whole "git gud" mentality a very vocal portion of the community is, and just how toxic that whole mentality is...

As I said in the Indivisible topic, I think they're hard. Just not the hardest thing ever. I had a harder time 1 credit clearing Ikaruga, but Ikaruga is pretty brutal past the first two stages, and like most arcade games it's a 30+ minute gauntlet.

If you really look at Souls though, it is pretty tough. You can learn strategies to deal with things (as you can in just about any game), but a lot of enemies and bosses have very randomized ai (ie if they're standing x distance a way, they'll often randomly choose between several different attack options, so you actually have to watch and react to the different moves each time), and reacting to attacks correctly can be nerve wracking. Try doing a no death run of Bloodborne and literally every random enemy can feel like a life and death struggle.

Oh yeah on my 3rd, 4th characters on Bloodborne. So far I've done a skill/arcane build (first playthrough), strength/skill/beasthood (second), strength/arcane (third, with holy moonlight blade), and now on a skill/bloodtinge build (with Chikage and Repeating Pistol). This game has a ton of build variety, everyone feels so different. Loving the damage I can get off of a bone marrow ash charged repeating pistol. It's better then a visceral attack lol.

I picked up Dark Souls 3 today, will start on it tomorrow I think after school quiz.

Last edited:
I got my ps4 copy, but I have a quiz tomorrow so I'm waiting till I get back tomorrow night to start on the game. Looking forward to it!

So, hows everyone handle their stat allocations?
Last year, A video basically told me to treat stats as a means to an end, if I want a weapon? Dump souls into that stat, armor? Same thing.
I just sorta go one point at a time and allocate them to things I think would work best (at the time)

I've learned from previous games that the best way to have an easy time on a first playthrough is...

-Keep vitality your highest stat at all times
-Keep strength and skill even. If you find yourself preferring a weapon of one or the other, then you can slant it towards that weapon.

With this strat my first playthrough of Demon's Souls took 14 hours and I beat half the bosses on my first attempt.

I'm probably gonna stop Vit at like 20, because when you're Embered up, the Health bar is already CRAZY CRAZY long, but I'll still keep leveling it here and now, you get very little Health ups past 50 right?

And by Skill you mean Dexterity, right? Because that's what I did in Bloodborne too, mix of STR, SKL, and Arcane (because Greasword)
While also leveling up Endurance and Vitality

Yeah Dex.

It's naturally pretty situation game by game. Bloodborne enemies have waaaaaay higher damage outputs and attack strings so you can die fast even with a crazy long healthbar. Going back to Ds1 and DeS afterwards, the game feels practically relaxed in comparison (even though Ds1 is probably a bit harder then Bloodborne overall).

Not sure what to do with magic. Magic is usually pretty OP in most of these games, though in Bloodborne it was probably the hardest to use option. In DeS I only put a few points in for a basic soul arrow, but that was enough to totally cheese the Flamelurker lol (run to other side of the arena, throw a soul arrow, run past him to other side, repeat).

Actually, while we're on this subject, does anybody know what the fastest weapons in ds3 are (that is, what has the shortest start up time on strikes) and what their stat requirements are? Those are usually what I shoot for.

Dark Souls and Demon's Souls ARE relaxed, the entire point of Bloodborne was to do away with shields and make the game more aggressive and faster paced.

I'm like, side leveling Faith, because I'm a Sunbro, and I NEED to be able to do Great Sunlight Spear
Might also be worth it to level your Attunement Bar (Combination Magic and Sword Arts resource) if you go for that too.

I feel like I'm going really quickly through the game and missing out on a lot of the lore and details and its kind of bothering me a little. It's weird I just feel like I'm going too fast and not actually learning about the places I'm passing through.

Also I'm noticing a bit of qol changes they put in, like being able to redirect your plunging attack and the fact that using an ember puts you at full health so you don't need to use it then sit back down at a bonfire.

using an ember puts you at full health so you don't need to use it then sit back down at a bonfire.
Humanities restored health didn't they?

My personal favorite qol change is they put "Souls required" on your stats screen.

Humanities restored health didn't they?

My personal favorite qol change is they put "Souls required" on your stats screen.

I think that they're talking about Effigies from 2.

Also I'm 99% sure the souls required for next level Stat was in DaS2.

Also I'm 99% sure the souls required for next level Stat was in DaS2.
My mistake.

I haven't played DaS 2 since it came out, I just didn't enjoy it that much. Not one of those "DaS 2 is shit" people, but it just never hooked me the way the others did.

I have started on Bloodborne and I am starting enjoy it more than I thought I would. I am a Milquetoast and am trying to get used to the game to die less. Any tips for a beginner?

Beast blood pellet + fire paper + saw cleaver for most bosses is your friend

Can anyone confirm if Pyromancy is effective in DS3? Pyronmancy was always my side tool to deal with physically resistent pests.

I tend to side towards Medium-Heavy weight swords. I used the Black Knight Sword through my whole playthrough of Dark Souls, cause the thing does stupid damage. Maybe I'll get something like that again when I pick up DS3. I'm thinking I'll skip DS2 just so I can be on the hype train for a bit lol.

Beast blood pellet + fire paper + saw cleaver for most bosses is your friend

Saw Cleaver is the most fun weapon overall IMO. The default swing is probably one of the fastest in the game, the charge attack is great, and you can always use a pistol in both forms. If you want to beat the game asap, it's probably the best weapon imo.

Anything strength/skill/both based in general is pretty good and easy to use. Arcane and Bloodtinge based stuff is harder to use in general. I would recommend those for a second playthrough or if you don't mind potentially screwing up your character (the points are wasted if you don't commit to it hard) on your first one.