• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Souls Series and Bloodborne

tips for bloodborne
  • be a real cool kid and dual wield Stake Drivers

Yes that one

I thought the fight was amazing in terms of audio visuals. The intro where he lurches up while your fighting the other guys, the way he stomps his own dudes, falling down the pit, the fucking hand, that fucking pipe organ. So amazing.

In terms of gameplay it wasn't half bad either. Kinda easy once you know the weakpoints, but nothing I actually disliked about the fight.

It just felt like such a gimmick, though. It looks cool, but the fight boils down to walking around him for half an hour waiting for him to fall on you, or else deal with awkward, Bed of Chaos-esque sweeps and the grab that has a hit box roughly 10 times what you would think it would be. Not a fan.

After coming off the massive insane sweeps in some of the lategame Bloodborne bosses (particularly the dlc ones), i-framing through them was pretty easy and forgiving for me. Plus the shield I had blocked pretty much all of it.

He usually does the "get up" for me almost immediately after falling down there. After that, it's just a matter of hitting the center weakpoint, I think. Not too shabby.

So like, I was gonna post this last night but didn't wanna double post
BUT HOLY FUCKING DICKS YOU CAN GET SOLAIRE'S COMPLETE ARMOR SET IF YOU GIVE CERTAIN THINGS TO THE BIRD
AND IF THAT DIDN'T BLOW YOUR FUCKING TITS CLEAN OFF YOU CAN ALSO GET ARTORIAS THE ABYSSWALKER'S SET IF YOU FIND A HIDDEN AREA

tips for bloodborne
  • be a real cool kid and dual wield Stake Drivers
Seriously, Djura fully deserved to slip and fall to his death for ever making me think that piece of junk was a good weapon

So like, I was gonna post this last night but didn't wanna double post
BUT HOLY FUCKING DICKS YOU CAN GET SOLAIRE'S COMPLETE ARMOR SET IF YOU GIVE CERTAIN THINGS TO THE BIRD
AND IF THAT DIDN'T BLOW YOUR FUCKING TITS CLEAN OFF YOU CAN ALSO GET ARTORIAS THE ABYSSWALKER'S SET IF YOU FIND A HIDDEN AREA

You can also Lucatiel's set from the crow, along with gestures. Also give twinkling for a prism stone. Pump-a-Rump us OP.

Seriously, Djura fully deserved to slip and fall to his death for ever making me think that piece of junk was a good weapon

how does it feel to be as wrong as a human being could possibly be

it is a good weapon if you get two

like i said
you gotta dual wield

Can you even dual wield anything thats non Blades of Mercy
no and now you know why I refuse to enjoy Bloodborne

it's too weak to let you use two of the same weapon too, apparently

I fail to see how dual wielding pile bunkers does nothing but add to the aesthetic, you meme dumpster

I just finished Cathedral of The Deep. What an amazing area. Every time I thought it was wrapping up, I get another meaningful fork in the road, and it just keeps going on and on. Tremendous variety and great setpieces too.

So far, I think Dark Souls 3 has the best level design in the franchise. But Bloodborne probably still has the best combat and enemy/boss design so far. All fantastic games, but I think BB is still my desert island pick.

Loving this so far though. It is indeed "the same, but better" of Dark Souls series gameplay, but given this is the end of the trilogy, that's exactly what I would hope for and expect. They can do something weird and new for the next game. Or just give me my precious Bloodborne 2. Either way.

Beat Curse Rotted Greatwood and I went to turn int he Kiln to Lodric and
Holy fucking shit.
For Vordt's soul, you're making me choose between a COOL GIANT ASS MACE I won't be able to use for like 20 hours, or a RING THAT LETS ME PLAY THE GAME LIKE BLOODBORNE?!
That's such a tough-ass choice.

Oh fuck I need that ring.

Where is this kiln and Lodric person you speak of, I think I've not found this soul infusion thingy.

If you killed Curse Rotted Greatwood, you got the Kiln.
Go to the Fire Link Shrine, and look in the thrones.
One has a tiny Salvador lookin' dude on it.
Talk to him, give the kiln, and from now on, bring your Boss Souls to him and he'll turn them into ONE weapon.
You get ONE weapon or item per playthrough. Choose wisely.
If you've been doing the Siegward quest, by now you should have 4-5ish Boss Souls to transfer? Again, assuming you haven't been using them.

I never noticed him at first either, I assumed he came in later, but nah, he was there the whole time.
Not a problem.
Also, be sure to READ ITEM DESCRIPTIONS.
If you picked up Mortician's Ashes, you can give them to the Shop keep. You wouldn't tell, but it's Umbral Ash.
It says so in the item description.

Beat Curse Rotted Greatwood and I went to turn int he Kiln to Lodric and
Holy fucking shit.
For Vordt's soul, you're making me choose between a COOL GIANT ASS MACE I won't be able to use for like 20 hours, or a RING THAT LETS ME PLAY THE GAME LIKE BLOODBORNE?!
That's such a tough-ass choice.
Okay, I've been giving that ring a spin, and I didn't feel like I was playing BB... maybe I wasn't noticing any health increases with extra attacks? Maybe I'm not using it right?

IT's more like "Consecutive attacks" give you more health, so it's like a bootleg Bloodborne ring, but it's still pretty close.
The ring even mentions "frenzied beasts" in the description

there is another ring that you'll get later that pairs up nicely with that one. I really wish I would have gotten the mace though, since the ring does not seem to work at all with slow, powerful weapons.

Also whats with souls games and not giving me a god damn desert level. Every game they have either kind of mentioned a desert place offhandedly or almost tried one, like in brightstone cove tseldora, but that place felt really condensed and didn't really give the experience.

If you're using the technical term for desert as a large open area without vegetation, then the bonus area in Eleum Loyce would count.

Do harvest valley and the Old Iron King DLC count?

Smouldering Lake/Demon Ruins really channels the oldschool rpg dungeon crawl feel. Another amazing area.

Q-Quelana?

Reactions: Aden
May I just say that I fucking hate Irythill Dungeon? Like, not in a Dark Souls man this is so hard, dude, it's awesome, but in a this is legitimately unfun and bullshit zone. Maybe I'm just salty that I fucked up Seigward's quest in the most lame fashion possible. Ugh.

Really? The only area I've flat out just not liked is the catacombs, but that's because I always dislike the respawning skeleton levels.

So, like. If you do any invasions as Watchdogs of Farron or Aldritch Faithful, do you get any sin and does that fuck up anything?
All I know is that if you join Rosalia's Fingers at any time, you are actively fucked out of joining Blades of the Darkmoon

Got my first piece of fan mail yesterday. Invaded this poor soul and for like a half hour just made his day unpleasant. Would have just left his game in peace if he stopped summoning whites, but he couldn't help himself.

So, like. If you do any invasions as Watchdogs of Farron or Aldritch Faithful, do you get any sin and does that fuck up anything?
All I know is that if you join Rosalia's Fingers at any time, you are actively fucked out of joining Blades of the Darkmoon

I don't think Sin is a thing in this game, the only thing that fucks up Darkmoon is joining Fing-Bros.

I don't think Sin is a thing in this game,
I can confirm Sin is a mechanic, you use the grave key in the sewer near the dilapidated bridge to get to a certain someone for absolution.

Apparently, if you get a bird drunk, it will give you fangasm the chest piece.

Reactions: erkicman
I beat like fucking 3 bosses today, I have no chill
Granted, I was emebred and used co-op help for all of them, but...
Watchers of the Abyss is pretty cool, but everyones'ta lking about how epic it was but I got help since I assumed I'd NEED it since they're WATCHERS of the Abyss. Plural.
Fucking.
Can get Artorias Greatsword if you transpose their soul though, like goddamn that's rad.