• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

STEAMY GOODNESS: talk about games on steam

i missed out on the first Ys sale, so i'm voting for that.

You realize it was free on Christmas Day? Missed opportunity man.
Really? Damn I always miss out when steam makes my favorite games free. I'll definitely catch it next time it's free though.

Right now I have $2.52 left on my wallet. I'm itching to get Fallout Vegas but I haven't finished Fallout 3 yet... I bought Garry's Mod so I will mess around it later.
Thought I'd chime in and say yes, get it. It's basically what FO3 should have been.

Not much I could buy during sale because I'm ultrapoor, but I've been playing lots of Torchlight 2 on Steam after barely touching the game for like a year.
Good god is it satisfying. The game's mechanics are really basic compared to Path of Exile, but it's nothing like the mess people call Diablo 3. Case in point: You can find actually usable loot for endgame instead of wasting time farming gold for hours on end just to pay inflated AH prices for a gear upgrade!

Reactions: PureYeti
on a guess i decided to check out the other Ys games

i think they're all on a 75% sale, not just 1&2. so that's kinda neat.

Kinda stupid that the steam picture for Ys 1&2 Chronicles just says 'Ys I Chroinicles'.

so, ok, i got all the Ys games

the real question now is: what order to play them in?

For any series where that is a question, often 'the order they were released' isn't a bad way to go. (Disclaimer: I know nothing about Ys... yet)

All of the BIT.TRIP games are 90% off right now ($1).

Mortal Kombat Komplete is on sale for $10, SFIV: AE 2012 is $7.50 and SFxT is $7.50 on steam if anyone is looking for those.

Also I remember someone was waiting for Valdis Story? 75% off right now.

I would buy MK if I were able to run it...oh well

For any series where that is a question, often 'the order they were released' isn't a bad way to go. (Disclaimer: I know nothing about Ys... yet)

I always feel this, the games will usually be improved with each release, and prequels tend to rely on the first game to enhance both experiences. Like Skyward Sword comes first in the timeline, but you'll feel much more of an impact with knowledge of the rest of the series. There are exceptions of course, and it gets weird with a series that has multiple remakes like Ys does. I'd say play Ys 1, 2, origins, then oath. maybe.

I'm tempted to get Valdis Story, looks pretty darn nice.

Oh man, now you guys have got me wanting to buy it as well.

(BTW, if someone has only played Skyward Sword, they haven't played a Zelda game yet. Just sayin'.)

Hammerwatch also looks kinda good.
Not sure if that's buy worth though.

I thought I had it, but turns out I had HammerFIGHT. Not HammerWATCH.
Not my fault I knew there were more than one game usnig the word HAMMER in the first part of their title.

Hammerwatch is pretty fun with friends, dunno how enjoyable it is solo. But man, will your attack finger hurt after playing it for a while.

I am quite curious if you can just join a random game like you could with Magicka.
but then again that's probably not as fun...

So unless I could convince my friends to buy it too I'd probably be better off getting Valdis Story.

You can, though I also imagine it not being as fun. It's dang hard aswell, so if you like that and can get some friends in on it, I'd say get it.

Hmmm.
I'll save Hammerwatch for the inevitable Steam Spring Sale.
For now I'll get Valdis Story and La Mulana.
And MAYBE Papers, Please! If it gets a sale.
Half-Minute Hero is still on the table as well.

VVVVV is 49 cents... I only have 43 cents... irfsgnejgkjs;rjnten'jh'asNOO!!!!

Reactions: Lavama and PureYeti
VVVVV is 49 cents... I only have 43 cents... irfsgnejgkjs;rjnten'jh'asNOO!!!!
quick sell a trading card

VVVVVV is cheap, but not sure if I want it.
I already watched a playthrough of it on Steam Train so the puzzles would be too easy...
I would recommend it. Some of the puzzles are harder than they look. One of them in particular is a 4-5 screen spike fall upward. It is reeeeeeally hard.

Oh wow, La Mulana was $3.75?
Shit, I thought it was $2.50
That more or less ruined my perfect plan.
Oh well, that games Nintendo Hard as shit, I think I need to prepare myself before I make a purchase like that

the last day is coming. many good discounts are returning

the last day is coming. many good discounts are returning
I'm mostly worried about if the deals end on the 3rd exactly, or if it still has one day left.

Because it just simply ended on the last day of the Autumn Sale, I think

is steam acting funky to you guys at all?

Yeah, this happened to me before all went blank
wtf.png

Reactions: Lavama
It hiccuped a bit. Brother had trouble getting his vote in because he wants his Snow Globe cards.

Thankfully I have something bookmarked for those occasions to make sure it's not just me.

Divine Divinity is on sale for $2, I heard that's pretty good. Also lol at the preview video for that game.

how is Valdis? it looks interesting, but i never even heard of it until today.

how is Valdis? it looks interesting, but i never even heard of it until today.
Haven't played it, but it's supposedly a really hard Metroidvania.
There'll be more characters added as time goes on, so that sold me

Is anyone here collecting the trading cards? I'm not going to get the badge before the sale ends, and it'd be a shame for them to go to waste.

If not Vadsamoht, sell sell sell.

Honestly, I'm still salty over missing that Dawn of War II sell. Missed Vanilla and Chaos Rising... Again...

I doubt I'd be able to sell them all in the next 24 hours, and after that the cards dissappear. if I priced them low enough to sell them all within that time, I'd be lucky to make $1, so I figured I may as well just give them to whoever is actually interested in completing their badge.

EDIT: Actually, I put them up for more than the current minimum price and they sold anyway, so I guess that idea's gone.

Last edited:
That is very kind of ya. If you can't get them to someone, try underselling the last price by about two cents. It's not a bad way to get a prophet margin. I've gotten about 1.17 horribly underselling the other cards I've gotten [At about five cents under selling price. Way too much undercut], but then got 18 cents after I wisened. If you undercut barely, you will be the cheapest price, and as such, up top, and you'll sell within seconds in theory, especially due to the fact these cards expire. So, if you can't get them to someone, there's always that.

So, what all did everyone get from the sale? I got me a Fallout New Vegas, and Battlefront II, as well as the Dawn of War II Retribution Chaos Sorcerer and Hive Tyrant Last Stand Wargears [To complete my DLC set for Last Stand].

I got me Bastion, L4D2, Poker Night 2 (I need that turret head for Zer0 in Borderlands 2, personal principle) and Valdis Story.

Can't say I touched any of them yet though. Brother and sister are here for the holidays, and that means I don't get a lot of time on my PC.