• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

STEAMY GOODNESS: talk about games on steam

I feel like the the Game Gift Thread should be linked on this thread so I'll do that, I guess.

Also, inconsequentially, Bad Rat's is permanently $0.99 now so you can troll people all year round :p

The visual novel Clannad is coming to Steam.
This is one of my favorite anime ever and im exciting about this. Totally buying it day 1.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...d-full-voice-edition-for-future-steam-release

During its panel held at this weekend's Japan Expo USA, Sekai Project have announced plans to release the Key developed Clannad visual novel on Steam in the future. The version of the game announced will be the Full Voice edition of the game, which will feature voice acting for the complete game. The game is better known for being one of the most popular visual novels, owing to its emotionally gripping storylines and lack of sexual content. The game was also adapted into multiple anime adaptations, with Sentai Filmworks releasing both TV series and their respective OVAs on home video.

How about 100% Orange Juice. Get on it, guys. :V

So guys, heads up.
Steam's having a spooky scary game sale!
A large deal of spooky/scary games are on sale!
Nab some games to make you shit your pants from fear, or crap yourself from how bad they may be.
Or you could buy some gifts for your pals if you're feeling generous.

Seems like they're stretching out their definition of haloween game to make this a bigger sale. I'm okay with that.
I can +1 Abyss Odyssey, amazing game. It's kind of like a slower stamina based smash bros with a randomly generated roguelike adventure mode.
Also Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten is the best tower defense I've ever played.

The one that nabbed my attention most in this sale (That I was coincidentally also really feeling/wanting lately) is Plague Inc Evolved, it's sadly only off by $3, but given that it opened up the Steam Workshop and Custom Scenarios last month, you get a lot more value with it now.

WE GOT STEAM AUTUMN SALES.
But now they're called Steam Exploration Sales.
At the moment 5635 games are on sale.
Including The Evil Within which has already been price slashed to $20

Holy cow my wishlist just lit up!

Apparently the next Steam sale is starting on the 11th of this month. Hope y'all didn't blow all your money at Combo Breaker.

I guess I'll save up for the 11th then. I have too many purchased games on the back burner but maybe something on my wishlist will be cheap.

And recently I've been playing SG, GG+R, Invisible Inc and Crypt of the Necrodancer on Steam.

I've just received 50% off coupons for 3 of the DLC levels for Antisquad that I'll never use if anyone wants them.

I didn't want to create a new thread for this so I'll ask it here: What do you guys think of Steam's new refound feature? Did anyone here try it? I'm not using it, but apparently many indie devs are complaining about it ruining their incomes. Is Skullgirls being affected by this?

I think it's a really good addition, but I can see how it could fuck up things for some devs.
It is very worrying that some people would return a game based on just two hours of gameplay though.
Chances are some people will play for 10 minutes, get upset, then take their money back.

which is what it's meant for in a way. Apart from the fact that the policy being refunds can be debatable it also depends on the context.
Here's a video I found interesting

EDIT: basically that one complaint came from a developer of a MOBILE PORT whose steam reviews are negaive and gave a very misleading graph of sales. And now outlets are shouting "HURRPCUNTROOVERSEH" because clicks. It rustles my jimmies like fuck

Last edited:
Reactions: Vadsamoht
This article also provides another point of view from a developer, and for the most part I agree with it. I especially agree that it will likely end up with a higher average-quality of game in the marketplace, even if it means slightly lower numbers overall.

I think the concern about games that have an actual playtime of less than two hours being consumed and then refunded is a real one, but I do believe that most consumers will want to hang onto a game that they liked and see that the developers are rewarded, and probably only maliciously request a refund if they in turn felt that the developer was being abusive toward them. Whether that makes it ok or not is another issue, of course.

Some people have suggested that games should be able to set their own limit, but this seems unworkable because the very devs that are likely to be hit with refunds for putting out trash are just going to go 'herp derp 5 minutes' or however long they think they can get away with users not seeing the half-finished parts of their game.

It brings up a related thing that I would like to see on steam pages, though - an estimate playtime for singleplayer content.

Well damn now I'm curious about a thing.
In the video I linked TB said he asked different indie devs about steam refunds and ereceived an hefty ammount of them, al posted on a tumblr page linked in the description.

With that said, I was wondering what was L0 opinion on it since it seems that there isn't an email from them.

Last edited:
Steam is so damn slow right now.

Wait the Summer sale is going on?

..Huniepop here I come.

And I can't join the Monster Game.

I'm like JonTron-level salty

I tried getting into the Monster Game too and no dice. If I had to guess, there is so many people on that I don't think it will be possible to get in for a couple of days.

I had no problem getting in (well, not too much). It's just a basic clicker game anyway, so you're not missing much.

Though there seems to be no protection against you autofiring your mouse and leaving it hovering over the enemy spawns all night. Just sayin'.

EDIT: Just had a thought - you might have more luck by logging into steam through you browser instead of the steam client. I didn't need to, but it could work.

Last edited:
Though there seems to be no protection against you autofiring your mouse and leaving it hovering over the enemy spawns all night. Just sayin'.
I did this but the game is super shitty so it crashes the steam client every like ~20 minutes of my macro machine gun firing clicks.
It also keeps reverting my gold to 0 whenever I amass over 10,000k and it's also eaten my money and given me nothing the last 3 times I've attempted to buy metal detector so yeah, it's a piece of shit.

So, anyone seen anything good yet? Only thing so far that interested me was Transistor.

Aliens Isolation price looked pretty good, but I sprang for Transistor + Bard's Tale already, so I don't have money for it. Might spend last few dollars on Tales of Majeyal and Armed Seven.

I spent like...

let's say I...

I think I'll just hope for Duck Game to come for a reasonable price, else I'm stopping.

I already got Double Dragon Neon for $2 and KOF 2002 for about $3. I'm hoping the original Quake goes down more but I can't remember a time when it was over 50% off.

SFV preorder just went live

skullgirls is now 85% off for another 8 hours.

everyone should have a copy by now, right?

It's never too late to have moar people playing

Welp last day of the sale and have a decent haul, though this sale didn't have very good sales this time around (mostly because Steam always puts the same main games on sale as always; Portal 2, Gmod, ect.) and most new games are still too new to get decent deals and some games never get decent sales.
BattleBlock
BloodBowl
San Andres
Vice City
GTA IV
HuniePop
Hyper Dimension Neptunia
Lethal League
Phantom Breaker
Rock of Ages
Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 Plat
Civ Beyond Earth
Wasteland Collection

Picked up a few things. Hyperdemension Neptunia Re:Birth1, Fallout 3 and NV (had them both on 360 but I haven't touched my 360 in well over a year and I didn't have any DLC.) I was hoping Witcher 3 would get a bigger deal than 10% but it never happened. Oh well next sale I suppose. Pretty much just got a few things and that's it.

I was doing fine for most of the sale, going my usual route of trying to get through without spending any irl money. Then SFV's preorder opened and my wallet started haemorrhaging money.

Still waiting for a really good sale on Beyond Good and Evil, though.

And now I just bought Hyper Dimension Chp 2, because I didn't realize that it too was 70% off. And the only reason I found this out was because I found out that anime Mahjong are still being made and being released, on steam. I'm sorry, but I thought these game were extinct back in the 90's, who still buys them. I mean I understand Huniepop and why it exists on Steam because of the kickstarter and became popular do to the people up in arms about it, and the people who enjoy Huniepop ironically and un-ironically, fighting over it. But sexy Mahjong still being a thing. It blows my mind that it still exists. Or I just had a long ass day and find things too damn weird right now were things are kinda still normal, IDK.