• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

The Smash Bros Discussion Thread

To be fair, Sakurai is having a pretty good run on hyping up Smash, leak or not. Not only spoilers would be inevitable at some point, but we also had a handful of hype reveals before the leak (Mega Man, Greninja, Robin etc.) and we still have room for speculation and excitement.

I mean, what if…
cCAYQxu.png

Sorry, that was terrible.

I keep wondering what Sakurai will show for the remaining pics of the day, but you gotta wonder if these leaks have thrown off his reveal schedule.
Maybe he'll just roll with it like the Palutena thing

Release Dr. Luigi as a character then watch the world burn

PotD tomorrow is just the front of a GameStop.
"We were planning on another month of QA developement and bug fixes, but since you all are apparently so desperate to know about the game, we wil be shipping it as is, with all 700 game crashing bugs and 9200 glitches still in place."

I keep wondering what Sakurai will show for the remaining pics of the day, but you gotta wonder if these leaks have thrown off his reveal schedule.
Maybe he'll just roll with it like the Palutena thing
Well, the problem with that is that is was actually fake. As it was shown earlier with the in depth model. It was a good guess with some effort behind it.

This is real, so it's not going to be just like that.

PotD tomorrow is just the front of a GameStop.
"We were planning on another month of QA developement and bug fixes, but since you all are apparently so desperate to know about the game, we wil be shipping it as is, with all 700 game crashing bugs and 9200 glitches still in place."

Picking Duck Hunt Dog turns the game into what it actually is
Duck Hunt 2

I just hope that if this leak really is really realy, the only REAL things are Shulk, Bowser Jr, and Ganondorf
You don't like based Duck Hunt?

I'd rather see Bowser Jr fight with his paintbrush. It'd be cool to see him use it as a staff, he'd be like one of those mages in those RPGs that I never play because I hate RPGs.

I'd rather see Bowser Jr fight with his paintbrush. It'd be cool to see him use it as a staff, he'd be like one of those mages in those RPGs that I never play because I hate RPGs.
This is another reason I didn't really like the leak, I know Bowser Jr's been rocking that car for a while, but come on, that brush is cooler.
Oh well, maybe if INklings DLC they'll cover the ink/paint stuff

I too wanted the brush, but I'm happy he's in the game at all. He's honestly one of my favorite Mario characters.

What about Rochelle?

zaMY47l.png

How I feel about this whole situation, basically

Sakurai is probably pretty fucking pissed. I hope the leaker loses his job and gets fined out his ass, what a prick.

I bet he goes off schedule and either makes the rest of the PotD's completely devoid of any valuable info or starts posting really weird pics to confuse us.

Reactions: Jake Was Here
I honestly wouldn't blame him if he did.
I'm surprised this happened 20 days before hand.
I was expecting someone to break street date, but dang.

...Wait, Brazil?
how the fuck.
Yeah hope the Nintendo Ninjas get him.
They'll probably have Miyamoto consume his soul to keep himself youthful.
Didn't you know? Shigeru Miyamoto was Shang Tsung this whole time.

Alternatively,
"Today's picture of the day is of Super Smash Bros. for 3DS's new starting roster. That's right, new. Thanks to the recent leak of information, we are completely scrapping the new Smash Bros. project and starting a new one with a completely different cast. You can thank our friends at the ESRB for this. The release date is planned for Summer 2015.

Well Bowser Jr. was literally the one character I was against, but hey, if he really does have the Koopalings as alts I can live with it.

The trophy picture with the other Koopaling in the Clown Car makes it seem like that's the case which is cool.

And yeah, I was heavily against Bowser Jr until I saw this. He looks awesome.

Dr. Mario can buck my salls though

how the fuck.
Yeah hope the Nintendo Ninjas get him.
They'll probably have Miyamoto consume his soul to keep himself youthful.
Didn't you know? Shigeru Miyamoto was Shang Tsung this whole time.

Pretty sure you're thinking of Sakurai.
For one, he would never trust anyone else with his vision of soul consumption.
For two, it's very clear that Miyamoto ages normally, as sad as that is, Sakurai's just getting younger though.

Reactions: Jutsei
This whole business is only reminding me that yeah, Smash Bros 4 is probably Sakurai's last.
I would not be surprised, dude's hurting himself and pushing itto his very limits and then this happens.
Frustrating as all Hell, I imagine.
I mean, it's at least good we don't know ALL characters.
Since no one can access All-Star Mode yet.

If someone can access All-Star Mode, it's over.

So is sakurai just gonna say "fuck the leak" i'll reveal stuff anyways, like UMVC3?

I bet the Fils-aimech crashed into his home and totaled everything within a 5 mile radius.

Alternatively,
"Today's picture of the day is of Super Smash Bros. for 3DS's new starting roster. That's right, new. Thanks to the recent leak of information, we are completely scrapping the new Smash Bros. project and starting a new one with a completely different cast. You can thank our friends at the ESRB for this. The release date is planned for Summer 2015.

This is probably exactly what Sakurai is thinking as Iwata walks into his office and tells him he can't delay the game no matter what.

If this is real (though I saw a picture saying that the video leaks was someone different from the roster leaks), then Sakurai's not going to give any clues, the PotD's are gonna continue as normal.
Just to make us question the whole thing.

Alternatively:
"Pic of the day! Check out this image of me sobbing softly in the corner of my office! I'm sitting in the fetal position so that you can really see how depressed I am that I can't make a fucking smash bros game without someone leaking everything."

This whole business is only reminding me that yeah, Smash Bros 4 is probably Sakurai's last.
I would not be surprised, dude's hurting himself and pushing itto his very limits and then this happens.
Frustrating as all Hell, I imagine.
Highly doubt it. Honestly I can't imagine him being that pissed off, I mean it's a pretty late leak and it's apparently not even every character.
Plus, there's a reason he strains himself like that. It's because he's passionate about what he does. Unless he's physically unable to do so in the future I have faith that he'll keep making games until he dies. Because that's the way it works when you're that passionate about something; you keep doing it even if you don't want to because fuck logic I have to make video games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jutsei
Man, I feel really bad for him. Not that the roster is revealed (If it's all 100% true that is), but that someone HAS to ruin it for him. Like, people just can't keep themselves quiet.

Jutsei just so you know, based on what I'm reading on gaf people have checked in with insider sources and all the pictures/video leaked are 100% true. Everything text based is liable to be bullshit.

Yeah, and all the Treehouse employees I'm following on Twitter are talking about how crazy and hectic today is due to "issues".

The footage, at the very least, is real. Everything else should be taken with a grain of salt.

Well, if he Jutsei wants to say the leak is false he should have every right to believe that until the game drops in Japan. Then if he's wrong he would have to live with it.

EDIT
READ: Let him believe what he wants, okay?

I think the videos have some degree of legitness (But I am still thinking Ganondorf has some moves where he whips out the sword and doesn't just FUCKING LOOK AT IT), but the character select screen might be jank.

I think the videos have some degree of legitness (But I am still thinking Ganondorf has some moves where he whips out the sword and doesn't just FUCKING LOOK AT IT), but the character select screen might be jank.

Like I said,
I've heard that the roster screen and videos might've been different leakers.
If that's true, they only really need photoshop and the ability to create one vector and, I dunno, forget about the Ice Climbers, and they just happened to guess Bowser Jr. and Shulk and TP Ganondorf as opposed to HW or OoT.

Yeah, and all the Treehouse employees I'm following on Twitter are talking about how crazy and hectic today is due to "issues".

The footage, at the very least, is real. Everything else should be taken with a grain of salt.
Can we have some links to this flipping out?