• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Valentine Combo Thread

• Type C (orange) level 1: Adds 4f of input lag.
  • Type C (orange) level 2: Adds 6f of input lag.
  • Type C (orange) level 3: Adds 9f of input lag. 9f of lag means it is impossible to block any LP on reaction and throw tech inputs must be within 3f of the throw's startup.
That's what Shoryuken says.
Thanks again.

Dumb question, but only level 2 hitstun vial actually removes some Undizzy right? 50? Since we don't wanna start with lights, I'm assuming you could throw in a c./s.mk (1) > s.hp, then potentially s.mp > s.hk (2) > dead cross...if time permits. Idk...I might try to figure out a hitstun combo later & maybe input lag one too lol

It doesn't seem to last more than 3~4s, or it's a bug that makes the venom fade away earlier.

It doesn't seem to last more than 3~4s, or it's a bug that makes the venom fade away earlier.
I was messing around with some needlessly stupid, but cool swaggy shiz & with lvl 2 counter venom, it seems you can c.hp > L Bypass, c.lk/s.lp for a fun little crossunder action. I tried really hard to do it with lvl1, but idk if it's possible. At least lighter characters :p

Did anyone notice when you 1-frame DHC Val Countervenom her needle doesn't break and it doesn't do any damage and yet it still posions (or hitstun, or input lag) them?
This might be a bug but here's a better way to explain it:
When you do Countervenom, you DHC just as she shoves the needle at her foe (but just before the needle breaks).
When you DHC at the right time, Val blockbuster doesn't do any damage, she keeps her viral, but the effect still works (poison, lag input, etc).

I was messing around with some needlessly stupid, but cool swaggy shiz & with lvl 2 counter venom, it seems you can c.hp > L Bypass, c.lk/s.lp for a fun little crossunder action. I tried really hard to do it with lvl1, but idk if it's possible. At least lighter characters :p
Lvl 2 Hitstun with the lvl 2 special?

Also, i think it's better to use Lvl 2 without any vial, load it and start to combo. Using countervenom is great when you have poison loaded becaue it'll be applying damage, but with the hitstun you'll only be losing debuff time because of the long knockback.

I've tried starting the combo in the corner with the Countervenom poison vial. It's hit deals 3k damage + poison and i've reached over 9k (no puns intended) :PUN: but consumes your OTG.
The combo i used is
:RDP::KK:
:D::LK: - :D::MK: - :D::HP:
:U::HP: - :PP: - :U::MP: - :U::HP:
:U::LP: - :U::MP: - :U::HP:
:LP: - :MP: - :HP: - :QCF::HK:

Dealt 9.8k damage.

EDIT
10k without the first c.LK.
10.8k changing the H Bypass to EKG Flatliner.
I really liked those emotes to show combos.

Last edited:
We talking Val's lvl2 counter now? cuz boy do I have a thread to show you :D

When landing countervenom, it's best to start the combo with s.mk(1st hit), c.hp.
Since countervenom makes the opponent slightly airborne, s.mk brings them down so you don't have to make adjustments for when you do the launcher.

When throwing the prescription, load the poison vial and s.hp/c.hp for dat full undizzy bonus.
Here's some old combos off of the lvl2 I came up with a while back

Reactions: Nuuance
If you're in the corner and get a good angle with Countervenom, you can also start a midscreen combo and follow up as a normal combo.
I did this one and dealt 11.7k with 3 meters.

Easy midscreen combo - Big Band specific - 6.6k - 1 meter (5.5k meterless)
c.lk c.mk (1) c.hp
j.hp ADC j.mp (1) j.hp
j.lp j.mp j.hp ADC j.mk j.hk
dash s.lp s.mp s.mk s.hk xx HK Bypass xx EKG Flatliner

Reactions: RetroStation
Hey everyone. I played SG pretty regularly since release, then stopped just before BigBand was released in the beta. I used to use a slightly modified version of Pulsr's old optimal combo (did about 9K off a cr.L without using green vial using 1 meter).

Im moreso curious about what this whole "level" mechanic is for specials / supers that Ive seen thrown around. Is this a universal mechanic or is it Valentine specific? I would be very appreciative if somone could explain it.

Also, what is the max damage combo val can get off a hit confirm with no vials? Thanks everyone <3333

Oh yeah, if there were any other major system changes, I would be very very appreciative if someone could fill me in. Thanks again.

Pretty much the most detailed stuff about her combos is in here.

Also, what is the max damage combo val can get off a hit confirm with no vials?
Solo, about 7-8k
W/ Assist, 7.5-9k

So whats Val's highest damage with 1 bar no poison no assist in the corner starting from cr.lk?

Probably Nuuance's combo, around 7k.

Probably Nuuance's combo, around 7k.
So whats Val's highest damage with 1 bar no poison no assist in the corner starting from cr.lk?
I've no clue lol...I mean I haven't even checked out the corner yet, but I'm sure there's maybe...something there? I'm gonna guess 7.1k corner no vial 1 bar...

My solo corner combo without vial deals 6.6k~6.7k damage and it's universal.
Nuaance's light combo no vial 1 bar deals 6.9k and I could only apply on Double and Parasoul. Maybe wrong timing, who knows.

Ok so I got a no poison, no assist, corner, cr.lk start BNB for Val that dose 7163 damage on light characters and 7169 on heavy characters.

Light version:

cr.lk > cr.mk > cr.hp > j.hp > j.hk > Air dash back > double jump forward > j.mp > j.hp > j.lp > j.hk > hk bypass > s.hk(x3) > lk bypass > s.lp(x3) > s.lk > s.mp > s.mp > cr.mk > s.hp > hk bypass > super

Heavy version:

cr.lk > cr.mk > cr.hp > j.hp > j.hk > air dash forward > j.mp(x3) > j.hk > j.mk > delayed j.hk > cr.mk > s.hp > hk bypass > cr.lp > s.lk > s.mp > s.mp > cr.mk > s.hp > hk bypass > super

let my know if you find anything that does more damage.

Reactions: gllt
Air dash back > double jump forward
2hard4me
new challenge

Its not hard just input back back up forward really fast. takes some practice but its good for combos.

I'll try to make a Video but don't expect it any time soon.

This aint simple on keyboard.

EDIT: it's actually pretty simple and works extremely fine, but takes a little time to get used to do it right.

Last edited:
Reactions: gllt
Winnie, in the light combo, what is the air dash back > double jump for? Do you get multiple hits with j.mp?

I did it just fine without it and did 7170 damage (j.mp hit only once).

if dash forward works then just do that I just used dash back double jump to get more hight on the j.mp

There really isn't a practical use for backdash double jump in a combo because of the angle of val's forward dash. Unless you need that increased height faster than the time you would have to wait for the airdash to rise to that height, but I don't know of anything that would require that specific of a thing.

Doing this you can add more hits with j.MP, but it'd only cripple more the combo.
That link after the LK Bypass is wrecking me, tho.

Solo - Midscreen - Lights (almost) only - ~6.3k - No vial
c.lk c.mk c.hp
j.hp ADC j.mp (1) j.hp
j.lp j.mp (1) j.hp ADC j.mk (2)
s.lp (3)
s.mp (9~) s.mk (5~) s.hk (3) xx HK Bypass xx EKG Flatliner

It (sometimes) deals 6.4k with c.mk(1) in the beggining and when timed well, and it's the best I could perform. The problem in this combo against Double is hitting the third line of the combo. When the j.lp connects, you'll probably be able to follow up with the rest of the combo, but it's risky and it may leave you in a vulnerable position.
I want some help to make it stronger, but keeping it's base (inb4 vials because keyboard makes it difficult).
Got any advice for the bits I have highlighted in red against Squigs, Val, and Filia? I find that frequently the dummy doesn't fall fast enough, leaving them able to block the jabs.

try adjusting the use of jMP, sometimes that does the trick on characters with wonky hitboxes, you'd want them to be hovering just above the ground i guess

To make sure it'll hit Squigly/Val/Filia I delay the first j.MP a little, after the first ADC. They'll fall a little more and you can continue the combo. If you do it right, it can deal a total of 6404 damage.

Ok so I got a no poison, no assist, corner, cr.lk start BNB for Val that dose 7163 damage on light characters and 7169 on heavy characters.

Light version:

cr.lk > cr.mk > cr.hp > j.hp > j.hk > Air dash back > double jump forward > j.mp > j.hp > j.lp > j.hk > hk bypass > s.hk(x3) > lk bypass > s.lp(x3) > s.lk > s.mp > s.mp > cr.mk > s.hp > hk bypass > super

Heavy version:

cr.lk > cr.mk > cr.hp > j.hp > j.hk > air dash forward > j.mp(x3) > j.hk > j.mk > delayed j.hk > cr.mk > s.hp > hk bypass > cr.lp > s.lk > s.mp > s.mp > cr.mk > s.hp > hk bypass > super

let my know if you find anything that does more damage.

Did you use both hits of cr mk on the light version in the beginning? I just got 7182 using only 1 hit. Also got 7196 using j lk > j hk instead of j lp > j hk.

yeah both of those things are important but I did the combo without because its easier and its only a small damage difference.

Kinda hate how this combo looks, but it is what it isssss.

Got a new combo that does more damage and works on everyone but Double. I messed up the lp(x3) in the video but when done right it does 7.4k

And here is my Double specific combo

/snip
GREAT Job! My only thing is at the end why use s.hp & also why the c.mk? wouldnt s.hk & s.mk be better respectively?

ending you combo in s.hp > hk bypass does more damage than s.hk(x2) > mk Bypass

the cr.mk is to make it easier to combo into s.hp, s.mk is really hard to chain into s.hp if you can even do that.

So yeah cr.mk > s.hp > hk bypass is Val's highest damaging chain and thats why I end my combo with it.

Reactions: gllt and Hilary
you can chain the first hit of s.mk to s.hp. It's only good for the first chain tho.
Does 50 more damage than c.mk but after the first chain, use s.mk(all hits) s.hk(x2) > mk Bypass if you're gonna use it.
Personally I like using c.mk > s.hp > hk bypass.

s.mk=400 + 75(x4)
c.mk=350(x2)

Val HK Lock n' Load synergy combo --- ~8.5k --- 1 meter --- Lights

Lock n' Load xx HK Bypass
c.lk c.mk(1) c.hp
j.hp ADC j.mp(1) j.hp
j.lp j.mp(1) j.hp ADC j.mk
s.lp(3) s.lk s.mk(2) s.hk(3) xx HK Bypass xx EKG Flatliner

You can DHC into Diamond Dynamo and it'll deal ~10.2k damage.
If you push your enemy into the corner, the j.mk won't connect. Just time different the 2nd and 3rd chains and you won't need it, but the damage will fall to 8.3k.
This c.lk is only a hit confirm. If you're sure that you can hit and follow up from c.mk, take the c.lk out to increase damage (~8.8k with c.mk(1), ~10.5k with c.mk(1) DHCing into Diamond Dynamo).
The s.lk sometimes hit, sometimes doesn't. Careful with this one, it may drop the combo.

You can change the combo as you will. The main thing is the synergy between LnL and Bypass. Nuaance's heavy combo doesn't work because pops undizzy.

Doesn't work with BB's Brass Knuckles, or I haven't found a way yet. Consumes OTG and pops undizzy way too early.

Other interesting thing: depending on the timing between LnL and HK Bypass, you can grab when the enemy is pulled to you.

I recorded it, but it'll take 1hr30min to upload, so I'll do it only if you want.

Last edited:
How come you're starting the combo with the assist? That scales the combo immediately to 60%, and HK Bypass backed by H LnL still isn't safe. If I'm going to just throw out LnL assist and Bypass, I'd use lk Bypass. Gives plenty of time for a grab/low mix up.