• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Where's the Twerk in here? FukuaTwerkTeam learns a lesson in git gud

I actually think it's advantage Bella.

If you're getting hit by j.lp, jump forward -> block more, and work on your ground game.

Jump less against Band.

Band isn't still at advantage on block after Beat Extend.

It can be really tough to punish sometimes, though.

also will bella i now need to learn S hp into PH consistently

Maybe this'll help you, it's a bit off of what that Mike Z post was about, but on a controller what I do is charge back and then after s.hp I do forward+lp+lk+hk. I get it 95% of the time, except for the occasional Battle Butts, but that's execution on my end. Seems a lot easier than holding all those buttons.

Uh, you're ALWAYS at disadvantage after blocking a DP assist, since the point character isn't having to go through any recovery frames. Bait that shit, then countercall.

I said "bait" that shit, not "block" that shit.

Make them want to call it, then quickly backdash or jump backwards to avoid it entirely. Then call LnL or whatever big damage assist you have when you see them call it.

I said "bait" that shit, not "block" that shit.

Make them want to call it, then quickly backdash or jump backwards to avoid it entirely. Then call LnL or whatever big damage assist you have when you see them call it.

easy to say eh? i'll try it

On Solo Basis:

PSoul has no good armor breakers without tears nearby (c.MP hits only twice, Sweep is shit, no slide move, j.HK multihits are slow), so LnL and Run are pretty good
j.MP j.HK j.HPglide c.LK c.HK 6HP are all good buttons, as in any matchup
Her defence is not good so hit her once and win
Doublejump
Reflect is super busted, use it all the time

Looks like I'm needed here. Let's try not talking even though it is going to be a right-before-sleep post.
Against parasoul, your air normals aren't as good as parasoul's, so you don't want to j.hk or j.mp brainlessly.
J.mp can be good to stuff her out, but you'll need the proper spacing.
Try getting way above her using glide or super jump+double jump, this will give you an approach angle she can't really counter on her own (napalm pillar isn't really reliable when against an opponent falling fast, it will most likely hit you after you landed so you'll be able to guard...plus you were in the air since quite some time so she didn't have any reason to charge down). But that makes you vulnerable to an assist call, so be ready to bait instead, AIR pushblock if possible (you don't want to eat overheads), elbow drop after that (nobody ever expects it)...
Every other air approach will be likely to be countered by j.lp j.hp, so your aerial game will suck against her most of the time.

Learn how to deflect her tears consistently, the projectile AND the trap it leaves (learn the timing for the explosion, it's a projectile too so you can deflect it), don't let her get any advantage in the ranged game. After some trap explosion deflects, parasoul may start to use detonate to trick you. That's fine, she doesn't get much advantage from that, but you may try to bait it armoring through with tumble run, that way you may get a free 360. Remember that it recovers super fast, so if you're faar away, just do that to get closer and run stop, don't commit too hard.

Beside that, I use A LOT bella's armor tools into super cancels. Against jump-ins, mashed napalm pillars, pressure, resets, hp lnl cancel 360 or dynamo is fanstastic!
With proper spacing and timing, mgr can be great to counter jump-ins too, as she can't really change her air path, but it's kinda hard to do and sucks hard if you failed.

Napalm pillar xx bikes means free 360 if she's not too close to the corner, else try to pushblock the bikes to punish.
Bait the lvl 3 to counter it with yours (you can counter it on reaction postflash so go for it), DAF will armor through it and hit her after the end of her invinc. If she cancels with call, she will probably won't react nor guard it (too much shit on the screen to see).
If you were in the middle of a normal when she does it you can deflect and guard immediately after.

Brain shutting down, can't think anymore.

Reactions: Cadenza
sounds good. I guess you're running updo and copter assist?
I can already hear those dudes telling you it's shit because you don't have a safe DHC, though...

sounds good. I guess you're running updo and copter assist?
I can already hear those dudes telling you it's shit because you don't have a safe DHC, though...
yeah i'm using cerecopter. i still don't know how to use it though. i keep trying to use it as a defensive measure and i know i'm not supposed to though.

well, I don't really see how fukua can use it, as she has no instant overhead/ quick cross up...you don't even need it to make your blockstrings safe, s.hp is already safe on its own. But for filia, it's godlike : j.mp c.lk c.mk copter into mixup into infinite blockstun. So keep filia second and bella third, I'd say.

Fukua is great to convert from updo, just j.hk should do it.

yeah, definitely nice team.

well, I don't really see how fukua can use it, as she has no instant overhead/ quick cross up...you don't even need it to make your blockstrings safe, s.hp is already safe on its own. But for filia, it's godlike : j.mp c.lk c.mk copter into mixup into infinite blockstun. So keep filia second and bella third, I'd say.

Fukua is great to convert from updo, just j.hk should do it.

yeah, definitely nice team.
well i was testing it out after fighting Kill joy.

apparently he puts fukua point for "battery" for double so i wanted to test it. filia is also a good battery for bella so i always have meter

On Solo Basis:

PSoul has no good armor breakers without tears nearby (c.MP hits only twice, Sweep is shit, no slide move, j.HK multihits are slow), so LnL and Run are pretty good
j.MP j.HK j.HPglide c.LK c.HK 6HP are all good buttons, as in any matchup
Her defence is not good so hit her once and win
Doublejump
Reflect is super busted, use it all the time

I don't play Parasoul, but a reversal pillar always takes me by surprise. I'm guessing it can't just be mashed though since it needs charge, so am I just resetting predictably? I guess what I'm asking is how mashed pillar works.

J.mp for general spacing or when retreating, j.hk for general jump-in (watch out for cross downs, most airdashers have a quick enough ground dash for that), instant j.hp when at medium range to prevent them from trying anything funny. All these tools works great against filia/peacock (if she tries to rush in without medium soid...if she goes in with soid, I still don't have a clue). You can also use glide to get above filia, but it's kinda risky without proper spacing.

Valentine is a problem because her air normals tends to beat yours and she can easily get above you. I still don't really know how to fight her.

Fortune can be tricky depending of the mode she's using.
Head-on is not too much of a problem, kinda like filia, her dp can be annoying but baiting it by chicken blocking should make things better. Maybe it is possible to punish her overhead rekka follow up with a lnl on reaction, with a 360 cancel probably.
Headless is a real pain, you get nommed for every jump-in, you can't lnl or run...
Usually, every time a fortune is getting lame, waiting for me to jump in to punish with the head, I get even lamer and hit the head until she decides to go back to head-on or decide to make a move. If she tries to punish you hitting the head, lnl cancel is godlike.

Against any airdasher, spamming titan knuckle until they try to jump airdash over it to punish you and get them with an excellebella is fun but I wouldn't recommend that for a serious match.

Edit : as always, deflect all the time, EXCEPT AGAINST HEADLESS FORTUNE. You get bonus swag points for deflecting the head, but nomnom is not deflectable and deflecting in general isn't worth it against her anyway.

i'm bout to drop bella.. FUCKING hell is she a piece of shit to play when someone knows how to defend against this character....

like all i get from this character is pushblock pushblock pushblock pushblock
like FUCK this character.

i'm bout to drop bella.. FUCKING hell is she a piece of shit to play when someone knows how to defend against this character....

Hit fewer buttons, do MGR from neutral, crossup with j.lk (you usually won't be able to combo from it, but they can't pushblock if they get hit, so you get a free 50/50). Maybe kancho.

Like, yeah, if you're just always coming in with j.hk or c.lk, that's going to be really predictable.

Or you can just sit back and wait for them to hang themselves from hitting a bad button.

like FUCK this character.
I dont think you should give up on using her especially the time you invested on learning the her because you was interested in using her in the first place. I know my opinions don't matter much because I dont use bella but I'm sure you can master her. You just have to figure out what you can and can't do.

*comes in, sees that dreamepitaph is hella salty and thinks bella is shit*
Well, that's okay, I know that feeling.

*understands that he's losing because he doesn't what to do when he goes in, so much that his opponents let him get in*
There's something terribly wrong happening there...
-Mgr
-empty jump grab
-whiffed j.lk/j.mp c.lk
-c.lk grab
-c.lk c.mp small delay c.hk
Should be enouh to solve your problems.
Stop looking for the max combo going for blind j.hk c.lk and take the damage you can. A raw diamond drop won't make your opponent happy, the damage is still high enough to piss him off.

Her neutral is shit? Fast characters can rush her for free?
#DynamoOnReaction #lern2mash

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
*comes in, sees that dreamepitaph is hella salty and thinks bella is shit*
Well, that's okay, I know that feeling.

*understands that he's losing because he doesn't what to do when he goes in, so much that his opponents let him get in*
There's something terribly wrong happening there...
-Mgr
-empty jump grab
-whiffed j.lk/j.mp c.lk
-c.lk grab
-c.lk c.mp small delay c.hk
Should be enouh to solve your problems.
Stop looking for the max combo going for blind j.hk c.lk and take the damage you can. A raw diamond drop won't make your opponent happy, the damage is still high enough to piss him off.

Her neutral is shit? Fast characters can rush her for free?
#DynamoOnReaction #lern2mash
i am super salty. still am. but i'll learn her neutral. i swear to GODDD

Eliza is fun to dick around and make combos with. Back when she only had normals she already could do around 6k combos, and with each new iteration with specials she becomes more and more of a combo maker's wet dream.
She originally felt like a slow Val, but now she's starting to become her own beast. Still suffers from shitty reversal options like Val though.

Eliza is fun to dick around and make combos with. Back when she only had normals she already could do around 6k combos, and with each new iteration with specials she becomes more and more of a combo maker's wet dream.
She originally felt like a slow Val, but now she's starting to become her own beast. Still suffers from shitty reversal options like Val though.
from the updates she seems like she would be excellent in the anchor position. its quite scary on what she can do judging from the new updates that are to come.

did I ever even play my team against you?

<<<< there