• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Report 5/1 Salty - Taunt Madness, Robo-Fortune Completed

I dunno how y'all plan to balance Squigly taunt effect, like that's just actually op what is this bullshit.

It is, I did an online match against a random person and inputted Squigly's and he ended up disconnecting shortly after.

I'm sorry I didnt mean to give someone a heart attack with it!

Reactions: Covenant
These animations are so beautiful. I'm really happy all character have taunts now, I love taunting in fighting games.

VILLAIN!

Last edited:
Reactions: KaboomKid
Yeah i wouldn't have taken the time just to please a few people, this comes to show how tolerant Mike can be, the taunts were good as they were but oh well, now they are better, specially Squigly's, no, i'm not being sarcastic.
Dude I main Squigly and let me just say her match ups are gonna be WAYYY easier for her.

Her taunt is too overwhelming.

Now I feel horrible about complaining about them. Now I wish they didn't do anything again, I didn't realize so many people were going to bitch...

Now I am filled with guilt.
THAN WHY DID YOU START COMPLAINING ABOUT FUCKING NOTHING THEN?!

Reactions: Mr Peck
THAN WHY DID YOU START COMPLAINING ABOUT FUCKING NOTHING THEN?!

I don't like your tone. We all make mistakes, I didn't realize so many people were going to follow. Also I've had a rough 3 days and you kinda realize mistakes you made.

I feel so conflicted.
On one hand I love the Parasoul and Cerebella taunt changes (thanks Mike). On the other hand..... I wish those complainers didn't get a single thing. I mean most of the changes aren't significant (Cerebella now has a consistent kitty helper), but the fact that people complained about the taunts in the first place....

It's time likes this that I realize that when I become a developer (though I and almost everyone I know consider myself a nice person) that I'd be more like Kamiya. I would literally make a video of myself laughing and pointing and post it whenever I hear that type of mess.

Seriously, Mike, I love you and the rest of L0 as a developers, but I don't see how y'all deal with it sometimes.

Thanks for the Cerebella and Parasoul buffs, Mike

This thread is gross. The new effects are cool, but you guys should be ashamed of yourselves, they did something nice giving us taunts when they didn't have to.

It's a fighting game, people are going to hit you, Big Band has a move that forces you to listen to someone play a trumpet at you and there is nothing you can do about it, if you can't deal with that, why are you here? Taunts are part of the fun, I taunt when I can and appreciate when I get taunted and can't do anything about it, Skullgirls is a fun video game, getting worked up over nothing is just ruining that fun for yourself, thankfully it didn't ruin the fun for those of us who wanted the taunts, but I wish you'd just learn to have fun.

I don't like your tone. We all make mistakes, I didn't realize so many people were going to follow. Also I've had a rough 3 days and you kinda realize mistakes you made.
Generally people wont do anything until someone steps up and says it.

You were the first to say it.

And this just reinforces the idea of if you dont like something the developers did, you can get your way just by getting a small group of people and bitching and moaning about it a whole bunch. And most of time the developers will fold and bend to your will.

Even though I think this whole problem is stupid, trivial, and shouldnt even matter, you and a group of people made their complaints, and LZ did what you wanted them too.

So bravo, and props to you I guess.

fuckbois, every last of of you
yall know who you are

Generally people wont do anything until someone steps up and says it.

You were the first to say it.

And this just reinforces the idea of if you dont like something the developers did, you can get your way just by getting a small group of people and bitching and moaning about it a whole bunch. And most of time the developers will fold and bend to your will.

Even though I think this whole problem is stupid, trivial, and shouldnt even matter, you and a group of people made their complaints, and LZ did what you wanted them too.

So bravo, and props to you I guess.

Thanks for demonizing me. I appreciate it. Not like I already have enough guilt and regret as it is. Not like I am in a severe depression and don't think things through sometimes.

Holy shit this thread is disgusting with the amount of whining/arguing over a bonus animation. Guess it was inevitable after L0 spoiled alot of you over the years. At least there hasn't been any arguments yet about the disproportioned distribution of character win poses in the game because you know we have to have everything be symmetrical or the whole game is fucked apparently.

Okay okay okay fellas. All of it happened. Now let's just let the Lab Zero boys to their thing get to the end of the game's development, on their terms, in one piece and hopefully with a sane group of minds in tow.

Reactions: BallotBoxer
Thanks for demonizing me. I appreciate it. Not like I already have enough guilt and regret as it is. Not like I am in a severe depression and don't think things through sometimes.
Even though it does sound like it, Im not demonizing you. You actually stood up said that useless taunts are dumb, they should change it so all taunts have effects, and LZ listened to you. Not everyone gets to say that.

But, if you wanna continue thinking Im a puckering asshole and a scumbag for trying make you feel worse than you already are, go ahead, Im not gonna stop you.

Im serious

Guess it was inevitable after L0 spoiled alot of you over the years. .
L0 are awesome people who do awesome things, they took extra time to give us extra content for free AGAIN, and people complain about it because they didn't have time to screw with the meta, spoiled is definitely the word.

let's all stop fighting
and
afk in beta
w/ taunts

If it were my choice,
I woulda made the taunts insta kills to those who use them,
cause some people just hate fun and don't want the nice, new, free things for the game.

We've all learned a valuable nugget of information today.
2 things will drive the SG fanbase to self-imposed calamity.

Character votes and effectless taunts.

Tfw everyone is still bickering at each other when things has been settled:

f9f.gif

Tired of both seeing people pointlessly complaning about the taunts and the entire thread itself, too much hate and disagreements still going on, i thank Lab Zero for these taunts and Mike for the tolerance of adding gameplay changes to them, as i said before, these taunts improved the game, and that's what truly matters, good bye.

d93.gif

Even though it does sound like it, Im not demonizing you. You actually stood up said that useless taunts are dumb, they should change it so all taunts have effects, and LZ listened to you. Not everyone gets to say that.

But, if you wanna continue thinking Im a puckering asshole and a scumbag for trying make you feel worse than you already are, go ahead, Im not gonna stop you.

Im serious

Yeah except I was in the wrong. I should have just accepted that the taunts do nothing, they were exactly as advertised.
But I bitch and moaned and i made other people follow and it made mike give into pressure. I feel like a scumbag and your post before had basically justified it. If you didnt, thats fine but it sounded like it.

Last edited:
Parasoul: Increases the chance for a Black Egret to say "Excuuuuuse me, princess!"
I want this to be real now lol

Edit: Now that I actually skimmed the thread...
wow guys, t-take it easy...

Reactions: BallotBoxer
Yeah except I was in the wrong. I should have just accepted that the taunts do nothing, they were exactly as advertised.
But I bitch and moaned and i made other people follow and it made mike give into pressure. I feel like a scumbag and your post before had basically justified it. If you didnt, thats fine but it sounded like it.
If it makes you feel any better, the changes towards taunts are basically nothing anyways.

If it makes you feel any better, the changes towards taunts are basically nothing anyways.
this whole situation could have been avoided if i had shut up and accepted it

Thanks for the taunt effects Mike! <3

I got here late, but wanted to say I like the taunts. They look cool/funny/adorable/etc. Thanks for putting them in LabZero.

MOAR KITTIES = MOAR BETTER LIFE

You all complain a lot. I like these things

Let's play video games for fun.

Thanks Lab Zero for providing us with a game that's cool. I appreciate it, personally. You probably knew this

Raging Demon Joke

this whole situation could have been avoided if i had shut up and accepted it
Well if you want to continue to beat yourself up over this then that's on you.

Well if you want to continue to beat yourself up over this then that's on you.
I just didnt want to cause so much stress on mike and everyone at lab zero

Reading over the thread again, you guys got them to change it.

I don't know whether to be sad that it worked, or to be glad to realize that you have that much power, or both.

I am actually shocked at the amount of dramatics even occurred in this thread. You lot are something else.

Okay, enough with finger-wagging, scolding blanket statements, please...
This thread is gross. The new effects are cool, but you guys should be ashamed of yourselves, they did something nice giving us taunts when they didn't have to.
Holy shit this thread is disgusting with the amount of whining/arguing over a bonus animation.
I am actually shocked at the amount of dramatics even occurred in this thread. You lot are something else.

There were like less than four voices of dissent.

Most of this thread has been a somewhat pleasant discussion exploring why they feel that way with others offering counterpoints. Sure it soured when some resorted to insults or got dramatic with hyperbole, but the debate belongs here. I'd rather @MyLifeIsAnRPG and @BrandX+ say their opinion rather than remain silent in fear of going against the majority. It's a forum. Opinions will collide.

Anyone know Lab Zero's address? We should send them a gift basket.

I just didnt want to cause so much stress on mike and everyone at lab zero
Well then you should of known how easily people get worked. Even non important things like taunts in vidya games.

Like I said, if you want to continue beating yourself up and blaming yourself for all this madness, go ahead Im not gonna stop you.

But if I were you I would remember that Im not the only one who pushed it this far, and in the end, no one really cares, it's just taunting in a video game.

And 1 more thing.

Fucking regret this for the rest of your life, this is actual advise.

If you dont regret it, you'll be doomed to repeat it. You'll get worked up over nothing and other people will follow suit, and you'll end up feeling like shit all over again.

There were like less than four voices of dissent.
The individual number of unique people who hold a negative opinion doesn't itself count for the amount of drama, the amount of actual discourse caused from the unique people who have a negative opinion does.

One bad apple spoils the bunch, yo

I'm just going to say this:

Thank you, Mike, and thank you Lab Zero for all your efforts. You are too kind.

For the record Fukua's taunt actually gives 2/100 meter, not 1/100, in case Mike even cares to change that.

In response to the new changes to taunts:

Thank you Mike. That little bit went a long way for a lot of people. That continues to be why I love this game. When push comes to shove Lab Zero thinks of everyone, not just the loudest, and not just the majority.

You guys, simply put, are the absolute best. Rock on.

I'm just going to say this:

Thank you, Mike, and thank you Lab Zero for all your efforts. You are too kind.

For the record Fukua's taunt actually gives 2/100 meter, not 1/100, in case Mike even cares to change that.
1 meter per soul obviously =P

Reactions: Wenzel