• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Anime/Manga General Discussion

that is pretty cute. I'll definitely give it a shot. thank you ossy.

Anyone asked for a Marvel / Attack on Titan-Crossover?

Well, you're getting it.

f16a2cfa6f75ce79e3999e31c03ad981.jpg

Every time someone recommends something and I see the word 'bittersweet' in it, I kinda want to see/read it, and kinda don't. There's plenty of good stuff out there with feels (and that type of content is what got me into anime/manga), but it's hard to keep a balanced diet of genres while also trying to keep standards high.

Reactions: Osmiumsmith
I think there's an over-abundance in sad/bittersweet stuff. and I think it sucks because I see so many people seem to have a negative reaction to happy endings. like, why does something have to be depressing to be considered good? don't get me wrong, I like depressing stuff, but I prefer to feel happy in the end and it feels like the market for that is just dying.

Happy isn't absent, it's just that the happy content is almost entirely moeblobs/slice of life. As much as I love slice of life, something with a plot would be nice.

I think there's an over-abundance in sad/bittersweet stuff. and I think it sucks because I see so many people seem to have a negative reaction to happy endings. like, why does something have to be depressing to be considered good? don't get me wrong, I like depressing stuff, but I prefer to feel happy in the end and it feels like the market for that is just dying.
Happy isn't absent, it's just that the happy content is almost entirely moeblobs/slice of life. As much as I love slice of life, something with a plot would be nice.

Well, the Gokicha manga hasn't ended yet so we can't say if it will be a happy, sad or bittersweet ending.

Right now there is comedy and the essential element in any work where there is conflict or a struggle: drama. I want to see where it will go.

Edit: One thing. While I said bittersweet I should have said that there are a lot of happy moments in that manga to balance out. I consider it a more positive manga than a negative one.

When I post my recomendations here I alternate between lighthearted and serious. Prior to Gokicha (positive if a bit sad at times) I posted Akame ga Kill Zero (heavy with light moments).

So the next one will be a heavy.

Last edited:
Anyone asked for a Marvel / Attack on Titan-Crossover?

Well, you're getting it.
And yet it doesn't even feel like its the weirdest crossover MAHVEL has ever done.

And yet it doesn't even feel like its the weirdest crossover MAHVEL has ever done.
nothing will top Archie meets the Punisher.

So apparently the internet is flooding with Naruto finale spoilers

The series has been around so long and now its ending. I can hardly believe it.

:PUN:

Reactions: Cybermanworf
I caught up with the Garo anime and wanted to talk about it, but since Sano posted the opening I have to start of with this: The opening sucks. Big time. Watch the opening of the first Garo show and then watch this crap. This looks ugly and the song is meh.

So, since that is out of the way: I'm starting to enjoy this show. The first 2 episodes weren’t that good but the other ones got better. The episode with Zaruba and the one with the village-people where especially enjoyable, the later one was interesting with the whole "We don’t judge humans"-message. The sub-plot with the prince is interesting as well, and Gaia is awesome.

At first I really hated that they choose to realize the Makai Armors with cel-shading instead of regular animation, but it really doesn’t bother me as much anymore. I choose to watch the last 3 episodes on a big TV-screen instead of my monitor and it made me feel a lot better about the fighting scenes. And Garo himself especially benefits from this when he goes berserk and the helmet starts to look like a living animal.

It's still not really great or particularly intelligent, but it's okay enough to keep watching it.

So apparently the internet is flooding with Naruto finale spoilers

The series has been around so long and now its ending. I can hardly believe it.

:PUN:
Still waiting the anime will be over soon to, then the fanbase will hopfully die out!

the Garo opening seems to have the most polarizing opinions I have ever seen. I mean, I love it. it's different, it feels unique, and Jam Project did a fine job IMO. I can respect that people don't like it though. especially since I too love the original opening of Garo.

also, I love Emma. she's my favorite character in the series so far.

I'm gonna show you an opening to an anime
now open the spoiler once you are done
Binbougami Ga!/Good Luck Girl has got to be one of the most funny, well thought out, reference heavy, emotional, heartfelt and self aware series I have seen in a long time. every reference is fun to spot, the dialogue for this series is fantastic, the humor is amazing, and I love the characters. if you haven't checked this series out, do yourself a favor and give it a chance. you will not be disappointed.

Reactions: Osmiumsmith
I'm gonna show you an opening to an anime
now open the spoiler once you are done
Binbougami Ga!/Good Luck Girl has got to be one of the most funny, well thought out, reference heavy, emotional, heartfelt and self aware series I have seen in a long time. every reference is fun to spot, the dialogue for this series is fantastic, the humor is amazing, and I love the characters. if you haven't checked this series out, do yourself a favor and give it a chance. you will not be disappointed.
I've watched, but it was a bit overrated for me. It was a good show, but it didn't strike me as a gut-bustingly hilarious comedy. Wouldn't mind watching Season 2 of it though. 7/10.

Wouldn't mind watching Season 2 of it though. 7/10.
okay, spoiler for the end of the series

they parodied every anime that announces it's gonna get a second season before it actually is going to get one, and that series is jinxed forever
*cough*pantystocking*cough*

okay, spoiler for the end of the series

they parodied every anime that announces it's gonna get a second season before it actually is going to get one, and that series is jinxed forever
*cough*pantystocking*cough*
Was Binbougami Ga succesful in Japan? It took 5 years for Durarara to get a sequel, so don't say it's jinxed forever.

While the sequal talk is on I'd like to ask, do someone know when Spice and wolf will get a 3th season?

I'm sure there are some ecchi lovers in this thread and since I didn't find the answer anywhere else, I'll try here.
I'm trying to re-find an ecchi anime I saw last year and LOVED TO DEATH. Never found it again, sigh.
It's about a cute college student girl with short blue(?) hair who joined a fetish class just so she could stay near their crush. The professor is fat, has olive skin and shark teeth; the other students are her crush, a nymphomaniac girlfriend of the crush, a british short blonde with huge tits, a tall loser with short hair and glasses who tried to suck his own dick and a guy with a grumpy face that likes to wear many rings and play guitar naked in company of cardboards cutouts. The last one was my favourite, and he said he ain't gonna kiss a girl who gave blowjobs because that's gross.
The art style is kinda moe and pretty recognizable, mostly because the girls had fat cute legs.
I really want to watch it again

I can't thank you enough for this ;-; I suggest to watch it, btw. It's fucked up and lovely.

I can't thank you enough for this ;-; I suggest to watch it, btw. It's fucked up and lovely.
It's cute, it's dirty, it's only 13 episodes.
I'm already sold.

Reactions: chickenwithtie
Naruto ended and all people care about is how they ships are/n't canon

I'm laughin' here

You would be surprised with how people can be devoted/obsessed with their ships especially for a manga as long as Naruto. The Naruto/Sasuke one will always be the most amusing ship.

I remember seeing people celebrating/losing their minds when those pics of Naruto and Hinata children were being circulated that were supposedly from the final movie. They are probably fake, but it would be funny if real.

Considering there was a message that said there would be a followup Naruto universe manga (probably about a new set of characters) the "final" is as "final" as when To Love Ru became To Love Ru Darkness.

fake

you mean

Bolt.png

Himawari.png

The ones that were definitely in the manga's last chapter, right

I like there are many saying Naruto and Hinata shipping is the best anime pairing ever!

Didn't know Naruto pairing fans could be this funny!

that naruto nod Oda gave Kishi

two bros seeing each other off, no doubt

I stopped watching Naruto after Sasuke killed that old dude.
Or was it after the black guy killed the shark dude.
Eh I dunno, forgot the order of everything.
I'm just happy it's over.

Or was it after the black guy killed the shark dude.
Speaking of
props to naruto for having one the best depictions of black people in modern shounen
in that black people were depicted
and were also a bunch of fucking ballers
and could also shoot lightning (no one ever remembers that black people can shoot lightning kishimoto really did his research here)

I'm glad they had black people, I do appreciate that, but why'd one of the first black characters have to be a rapper, and a shitty one at that. Like I get that it's black music, but you shouldn't open with that, ya know.

part of the joke is that he's a shitty rapper since he's mixing rap and japanese enka
the clash of styles always felt deliberate, imo

I don't know anything about moonspeak so I guess I never noticed that.
That's actually kinda funny.