• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Anime/Manga General Discussion

Also Denizen how come you've never watched Space Dandy? You should fix that, like, right now. Join us and PRAISE THE BOOTY!
YOU ASSUME THAT I HAVEN'T! I love Space Dandy!
I just haven't watched the last few episodes, that's all.

Akame Ga Kiru 51.

Every 5 minutes I reread that chapter in my mind.
I cry every 5 minutes.

so, I'm planning on taking on a classic, which should I go with

Galaxy Railway 999?
or
Space Captain Harlock?

that is weird because it's been referenced a lot in manga I read.

I know once in Air Gear and another Gintama.

Akame Ga Kiru 51.

Every 5 minutes I reread that chapter in my mind.
I cry every 5 minutes.
2009673-389144-man-cracking-walnut-with-metal-nutcracker-in-hand-isolated-on-white-background.jpg

CHALLENGE: IF YOU CAN GET PAST THE 20 MINUTE MARK WITH OUT DYING I WILL PERSONALLY SEND A BOX OF PASTRIES.

Reactions: 4th
so, I'm planning on taking on a classic, which should I go with

Galaxy Railway 999?
or
Space Captain Harlock?
Galaxy Railway is pretty boring one (MAL 7/10);
Seen the Harlock 2013, not as bad for a movie. Now wanna watch the series. (MAL 8/10);
Didn't even hear about Harlock before a movie as well :/

Gungrave is a high-rated post-apoc series. Good one. (MAL 8/10);

Last edited:
Reactions: Fat-Ass ♪
Gungrave is pretty good.

And oldie but a goodie.

That's a weird way to say "classic".
:v

I don't think 2003 is old, though. Oldies to me are Dirty Pair, Fist of the North Star, Touch etc, those are old (and good as hell) - released in the 80s.

Gungrave is a high-rated post-apoc series. Good one.

It's my most favoritest anime in the whole entire worlddd. c:
The last episode brought a tear to my eye, it did. There are others that come close, really close but ultimately Gungrave is just the best to me. I think it is interesting that it was a video game first before an anime. Usually it is the other way around. The games weren't truly epic or anything (fun though) but I didn't expect the series to be so damn good.

Gungrave was post-apoc?

When?

I remember a modern day society, then some mystic zombie shit.

I remember it as society, where original government was replaced by criminal syndicate (city after war or something like that). I can't remember any kind of police or opposition to criminal world (excluding "right" lawful syndicate vs aggresive). Hm, maybe it wasn't actually connected with any kind of apocalypse. Have to rewatch it.

I swear to all that is good if I have to tell someone that Alluka and Kalluto are both physically male I will never explain it again.

Why is it so hard to grasp that all 5 of the Zoldyack BROTHERS are physically male?

Kalluto wears Kimonos because he likes them and Alluka is transgender.

The author has said this like how many times now?

EDIT:

Also, episode 16 of Irregular at Magic High School is out.

Our Tatsuya,
Who art in First High,
Thy omnipotence come,
Thy engineering be done,
On Earth as it is in First High.
Give us this day our daily aid,
And forgive that we doubted you,
As you were only Course Two.
And lead us not from dependence,
But deliver us by your assistance.
For thine is First High, the Power, and the Glory.
Of Tatusya, Son of Yotsuba, and Taurus Silver.

Amen.

Scorched Halloweener pls.

EDIT 2:
I had an old friend help me translate the raws for Tokyo Ghoul.

I am all caught up.

I didn't know. How could I? This maybe one of the best written action mangas in a decade. They've laid out every single fucking thing so well.

Also, Hide is da god.

Last edited:
Man Tokyo Ghoul anime is kind of underwhelming.

Skipping tons of details and entire goddamn arcs?

I haven't started watching Tokyo Ghoul yet, how is it?

I got my my best friend to read monster musume. He read everything that's out in a single night.

I have been watching Akame ga kiru and with this one I am just watching the anime and not reading the manga ahead to find out what happens, given that in mind how far along in the anime would it be into the series compared to manga chapter if any knows?

I have been watching Akame ga kiru and with this one I am just watching the anime and not reading the manga ahead to find out what happens, given that in mind how far along in the anime would it be into the series compared to manga chapter if any knows?
It seems they're trying to cover a chapter an episode, so they probably will not get very far unless they just speed things up all of a sudden.

Also, just read Tokyo Ghoul, get a friend or someone to read the raws, the anime is good but nowhere near the level of the manga.

The manga is sick because of the detail Ishida put into his work(clever foreshadowing, references, panel work and hints), the anime doesn't have much of that.

Reactions: Lemonade Grenade
guys... I like Monster Musume way too much.

I love the characters way too much.

I love the designs way too much.

I love how the MC isn't bad at all way too much

I love the world building way too much

tumblr_inline_mynawi4Ujd1qkfmdo.gif

please help.....

guys... I like Monster Musume way too much.
please help.....
Gah, creep.
Well... actually I ended up buying SG because I kinda like monstergirls. So whatever. I just don't like harem type titles.

Reactions: Denizen
I had to google monster musume because I always forget the title of mangas I read that don't have english translations.

But yeah I read that a long time ago and kind of forgot about it, I got to I think the slime girl and like one more girl after that, it's a solid and fun manga.

actually. Its called something like "my daily life with monster girls" in English.

and they've added a lot more characters since Suu. I can't wait to see more of Lala. But Centoria is my favorite.

actually. Its called something like "my daily life with monster girls" in English.

and they've added a lot more characters since Suu. I can't wait to see more of Lala. But Centoria is my favorite.
Yeah, I kind of forgot where I was so I'm just starting back on spider girl and working my way back up.

EDIT: I don't know if you know @Sanoblaze but the author of that manga did what may be another story set in what maybe the same world in what maybe the future.

It's called "12 beasts".

Last edited:
Anyone ever watch Bokurano. I am almost done watching it but I have to say it is really good. I would recommend it if you like depressing stories. If you can get pass the old animation and bad cgi it can be really good.

Yeah, Mohiro Kitoh's a god.
You should experience all of his works, including his anime only stuff and his Visual Novels.

So now I just binge read through the Tokyo Ghoul manga and goddamn this has been a super good series, one of the best I have read, though I need to ask a question.

What happened to some of the chapters, I go from chapter 101 to 116, what happened here?

So now I just binge read through the Tokyo Ghoul manga and goddamn this has been a super good series, one of the best I have read, though I need to ask a question.

What happened to some of the chapters, I go from chapter 101 to 116, what happened here?
It's gone like this.

1-70 steady.

Japan started to get ahead of us, people starting getting their hands on raws, releasing willy nilly.

So to try to get to 136(japan's current chapter) as fast as possible multiple scan groups are just shooting whatever they get done first.

It's started to settle down a little, with scans going through the 90's.

So not every thing has been translated yet, fair enough and thanks for the explanation of how it ended up like this.

Again this has been a really good series that has kept me really gripped to reading it and post hair colour change MC is super badass.

So not every thing has been translated yet, fair enough and thanks for the explanation of how it ended up like this.

Again this has been a really good series that has kept me really gripped to reading it and post hair colour change MC is super badass.
You haven't seen anything yet.

Hide is the best character in that manga hands down.

I have seen some degree of hide in later chapter and he has been really putting in alot of work with his intution skills but I haven't really seen him do anything uber badass yet, granted being badass is not the only measurement for being the best character but I haven't seen anything that would make me regard him as the best so far, in my opinion.

Akame Ga Kiru is currently going at a 1.5-2 chapter average pace per episode pace ignoring the first episode that only covered the pilot chapter because it was really long.

I need to get into Tokyo Ghoul, but have a backlog.

Suu is best monster girl especially in poison state.

Also yeah this might get me back into digimon since they are going back to their roots with highschool Tai as protagonist. Makes me wonder if this will ignore 02 or take place after it.

Currently got interested in this new gambling psychological manga called Kakeguru that gave me Gamble Fish/Liar Game vibes from the first chapter so looks promising.

If they retcon Sora X Matt and do it Sora X Tai I will fucking fly.

Yes I am still salty about that shit.

Screw Sora x Matt or Sora x Tai.
Why the fuck wasn't there a T.K. x Kari in the end of Season 02?

One off many reason I didn't like 02 that much. Hope this is a redo season 2 thing they are doing.

Yeah, I kind of forgot where I was so I'm just starting back on spider girl and working my way back up.

EDIT: I don't know if you know @Sanoblaze but the author of that manga did what may be another story set in what maybe the same world in what maybe the future.

It's called "12 beasts".
Rachnera is my best friend's favorite character. his non-harem fav is Draco.

I'll definitely have to give it a look. I love the artist's style so I'll definitely give it a look.