• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Beast's Fury Kickstarter is Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope no one really believed any of the estimates on that IGG. If Lab Zero have difficulty meeting their far more reasonable deadlines with previous experience on making characters under their belt then BF had zero chance of meeting them. Needing to run a second KS at all should probably have been a warning sign enough.

I want the game to be finished and they seem utterly dedicated to seeing that happen but I have very little faith in the dev team :/

Reactions: Flotilla
I didn't believe in their time estimates, but having the devs tell me to my face it should take X-amount of time only to not come remotely close to the mark kinda bummed me out. I thought by now they'd at least have finished Vincent, but he looks as done as he was when the Kickstarter launched. I just, I don't know, guess I thought they'd have something to show for their Kickstarter goal in three months. Really don't want to hear that they're out of money again.

- That verse screen is not half bad.
- The actual game still looks like it struggles to get their foundations finished.
- Not surprised they are not meeting deadlines because SG IGG missed deadlines (which are always estimates that are subject to change since you can't accurately predict quotas unless everything goes perfectly without outside interferences) so expect another one of those "we will get done when we get done" which hopefully they keep supplying regular scheduled updates on progress to maintain investor confidence.

I guess they spent all their time on that vs screen.
Hey man, shape and motion tweens can be very time consuming.

Like, you don't even know.

I don't remember reading any clear deadlines on the Skullgirls IGG. But yeah, thinking about it, stuff did take time. I just thought Vincent was like 90% done or something. I don't know, I just feel like this right now.
waiting+for+gifs+to+load+hopefully+this+won+t+be+super_c7a378_4640566.gif

Reactions: Kongk4
I guess they spent all their time on that vs screen.

Nah they didn't. It's just the character promo art divided in pieces and animated a bit like a puppet. Non-animators on Tumblr do it all the time. It's kind of cheap but looks cute.

I really like the work LordDirk is putting in this project. He makes the characters much more interesting with the shaping and style alone.
1404948525.lorddirk_sofia02.jpg

1403989367.lorddirk_titanfall.jpg

BEAR WAIFU

If this is the style the game is looking forward to, I'll definitely buy it. If it ever comes out, that is

Reactions: MysteriousJ
Bear Waifu
Yeah, I like some of the character designs too. I like Don, Salone (the Crocodile Cop?), the Horse Boxer, and that Bear lady. But also am not 100% sure about if it'll ever get to the point where it releases.

Reactions: chickenwithtie
In the end it's all up to those guys to make it happen. They need to have a clear goal and they have to focus on it like a lazor until it is complete. Something that Skull Girls is doing with all the DLC characters. One character at a time, to make the best possible product upon release.

For me, their goal is to make a 2, maybe 4 character demo and pray a big company adopts them and fund the game until the end.

I think it's a rather cheap move, specially when you see how Alex, Mike, Mariel and the Lab Zero guys followed the same route without begging for kickstarter money AND, wheny they decided to expand an ALREADY FINISHED GAME, they delivered everything they promised AND MORE

I was curious what the BF team was up to in the past two months or so.
Can't find any confirmation anywhere that any of the characters are more complete, but they said they'll be done with a Don/Vincent Demo by December on their facebook. Don't know how to take that.

The 3d model is not too much of a bad idea, if they're using it as base for the animations that is.
This game is directed terrible but I still give it some hope because I really, really, really like the bear lady and want her to shine

Reactions: WrestlerGuile
I just want Sloane.

The 3d model is not too much of a bad idea, if they're using it as base for the animations that is.
"Vincent 3D model update has nothing to do with the current 2D game this is going to be used for many other projects"

Someone bumped the Beast's Fury thread. Could it be that they considered spending some of their time/money/effort on gameplay stuff for a chang- ...oh well, nevermind.

I will totally talk about gameplay when we get a completed demo.

"Vincent 3D model update has nothing to do with the current 2D game this is going to be used for many other projects"
So what is the point of making this model? Are they trying to be like the MN9 kickstarter and get an animated show in the works? Because that's how you get people to pull their money from a project.

Well, if you want gameplay talk, they also posted this
But I feel like I've seen it before. And it also makes me think about how not-done Vincent is.

Shocker, they're still wasting money on everything except making the game. They should have just done a short animation project, that's clearly what they want to do.

To say the truth if they actually managed to release that game with all this stuff in it, it would be super-mega-awesome, as it is mostly of quite high quality... but that is a BIG "if".

as the art is mostly of quite high quality... but that is a BIG "if".
Fixed that for you. Can't say anything about gameplay till people are able to get hands on with it.

Honestly, design wise, competitive multiplayer stuff seems to be the hardest possible thing to design. Even simple single player stuff can be really hard to get right, and competitive stuff where you have a million possible variables is just mind boggling.

I got hyped for Skullgirls pre-release purely because Mike Z was behind it, and it was going through such rigorous community play testing and tweaking during development. Any new fighting game is going to either have to have a really unique gameplay concept or a similar history or demonstration of design knowledge and skill to get my attention.

Reactions: KaboomKid
I forgot this was a thing.

I'm kinda glad I did because this went nowhere.

I forgot this was a thing.

I'm kinda glad I did because this went nowhere.
what is your name

how do i pronounce that

sigh... tis how life goes. and by the looks of the game it looks like it has a heavy juggle system that like of Tekken. and i'mma snooze on this one now that i know this info.

whocares.png R.I.P. This Game and the people behind it.

you gotta love how the devs made an account here to try and scam us out of our money riding the coat tails of SGs IGG success

Thank you, that would've bugged me for an ungodly amount of time
No worries.
you gotta love how the devs made an account here to try and scam us out of our money riding the coat tails of SGs IGG success
I just want a demo or something. The art looks great, but it's taken so much time that anyone looking forward to it is gonna be waiting the infamous "Two weeks.".

i think the funding was for the demo i thought it was

One day it'll show up.

When I graduate.

Card Sagas War will come out before this game has two characters in it and between the two...Card Sagas War didn't piss away two kickstarters worth of money.

To be fair I made the thread first and they came in to talk about it.

To be fair I made the thread first and they came in to talk about it.
Though they did make a thread on their own before it was merged with the one you made.

Last edited:
Reactions: Icky
It's shit like this that make me wary about backing anything on Kickstarter.

It's shit like this that make me wary about backing anything on Kickstarter.

I wouldn't be too worried about Kickstarter honestly. Most contributions are what, 5 bucks? I spend more on candy. A disappointment here and there is a small price to pay if it gets some genuinely great games onto the market (which it has).

Of course, still one should do the research to avoid scams and poorly conceived projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.