• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Beowulf Thread: Retiring from Retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a bit too dramatic a name for something as simple as a dash.

Why not name his dash...

Sprint?

Reactions: Denizen
If you look back to what I did for the sprint, it is literally called Hunting Sprint.

I forgot about that. I still think Beo-verdrive is too good to pass up though.

It could definitely be a grab name, and of the grab moves Denizen and I made could be renamed that.

A lot of people seem to want a "Beast Mode" for Beowulf. As we all know having Beowulf put on his hood during this state of elevated strength is not feasible for Lab Zero. However, I suggested before that instead of his hood Beowulf should glow with a veil of energy, very much like Kenpachi from Bleach or Simon from Gurren Lagann.
Lab Zero can do special effects easily so this would serve as a fitting substitute.

Beowulf's unstoppable willpower could manifest physically in the heat of battle. Of course like a lot of the moves in Skullgirls this cloak of power is just an exaggeration and not at all canon. You could call that his Beoverdrive.

Last edited:
tumblr_mwgx4weYtN1sx1kcjo1_500.gif

I think Beo's grab should be like one of Clark's supers in KOF13 where he throws opponent's into the air.
multiple. times. then ends with a hype ass power bomb or elbow drop.

Oooh, I always did love the Ultra Argentine Backbrearer! That could be cool if he put his own spin on it. Maybe after the multiple tosses he finishes off the move with a spinning back breaker or Muscle Buster? (Biiiig fan of that move)

A couple of posts were deleted in here for random Minette fan bashing.
There's plenty to discuss in here without reverting to the character vote Waifu Wars!

(And yes, I know I may look kind of bias deleting anti-Minette posts based on my Avatar, but I'm unbiased, I promise :P)

My take on Beo would be I'd like him to be as serious as a pro wrestler in the WWE. They take themselves totally seriously when they're in character, even if that looks completely ridiculous for everyone else watching. Maybe a Beast Mode Beowulf could be shown by making The Hurting glow, and not Beo himself?

A couple of posts were deleted in here for random Minette fan bashing.
There's plenty to discuss in here without reverting to the character vote Waifu Wars!
(Thank you!)

(And yes, I know I may look kind of bias deleting anti-Minette posts based on my Avatar, but I'm unbiased, I promise :P)

My take on Beo would be I'd like him to be as serious as a pro wrestler in the WWE. They take themselves totally seriously when they're in character, even if that looks completely ridiculous for everyone else watching. Maybe a Beast Mode Beowulf could be shown by making The Hurting glow, and not Beo himself?
That Hurting idea is interesting. But would that not be confusing?

You guys are making mountains out of mole hills, but whatever.

I'm actually reconsidering the glowing energy idea. It might make Beowulf look too supernatural and one of his best attributes is that he's just a normal human being. Maybe we should limit Beowulf's visual effects to shockwaves and illusions of the Moon.

What about he has a level 5 super that attempts to pin the opponenet? If it connects, the screen transitions to a dramatic struggle between him and his opponent which ends with him pinning his opponent by the end of a three count, KOing that character? If people don't like the auto win move, it could be a (MIKE-Z already disapproves) mashing fest between both characters where the less total health the opponent has, the harder it is to escape the pin.

I would love the mashing because I would never lose. But, in all reality, it would just be a highly damaging move instead of a contest of who is the more powerful button presser. Your idea is cool though Broseidon.
tumblr_n0255yf6SM1t4o62mo1_500.gif

I would love the mashing because I would never lose. But, in all reality, it would just be a highly damaging move instead of a contest of who is the more powerful button presser. Your idea is cool though Broseidon.
tumblr_n0255yf6SM1t4o62mo1_500.gif
must. resist. Kamen Rider. URGES!

The button mashing would almost always be in Beowulf's favor, but when I think about pinning in wrestling, I always think about how they always manage to escape JUST in the nick of time even tired and battered, hence the small chance of escaping. Instead of "Button mash to increase damage" it's more "Button mash to determine who wants it more". But hey, if we can incorporate pinning in some other way (can put on final damage if opponent is on ground regardless of OTG ala DarkStalkers) that would be groovy too.

The button mashing would almost always be in Beowulf's favor, but when I think about pinning in wrestling, I always think about how they always manage to escape JUST in the nick of time even tired and battered, hence the small chance of escaping. Instead of "Button mash to increase damage" it's more "Button mash to determine who wants it more". But hey, if we can incorporate pinning in some other way (can put on final damage if opponent is on ground regardless of OTG ala DarkStalkers) that would be groovy too.

If anything it would be the Naruto Ultimate Ninja button sequence and if someone fails the sequence the super either finishes or is interrupted.

This might have already been mentioned, but he needs Gaston's voice actor.

I can't wait until we know about him.
Seriously considering getting a real good pocket beowulf and doing lone wulf. Unless he has some kind of assist that could complement Valentine.

Chair grab idea:

Follow-up seating an opponent... By grabbing The Hurting by the legs and flipping the chair with the opponent in it, launching them as high as Parasoul's HK overhead, if not higher. Would count as a chair use.

I can't wait until we know about him.
Seriously considering getting a real good pocket beowulf and doing lone wulf. Unless he has some kind of assist that could complement Valentine.
I'm almost certain he's going to have an assist be him throwing his chair out and it setting up. Maybe it could be used like a little shield to hide behind as the ally character?

Imagine if chair assist allowed the point character to vault from it, making them auto-superjump instead of the vault-exclusive specials Beo would have.

Eh, I think that if a chair assist is used, then non-Beo point characters should be able to jump off of it like how Dante can infinitely jump off of enemies in Devil May Cry. Doubt that would happen, though.

Eh, I think that if a chair assist is used, then non-Beo point characters should be able to jump off of it like how Dante can infinitely jump off of enemies in Devil May Cry. Doubt that would happen, though.
That's what I meant lol

How about an air special where Beowulf drops down like Cere's vMP, but can be comboed into and specifically only works as an OTG only. Beowulf goes for a body press that gives him an extra OTG, giving you a chance for a second combo string.
Now, you only get the second OTG if you already had one in a combo, otherwise it just uses up your OTG for that combo, and using it twice in a combo just make the body press miss as all moves do after your OTG. Plus, your Drama will be getting kinda high at this point, so it's biggest use is to body press at the end of your combo in order to pepper in one last Blockbuster.

This is what The 'Wulf needs. Search your feelings. You know it to be true. Maybe using the Hurting as a "launch pad".
d4b.gif

EDIT: to elaborate a bit more on Hurting set-up idea.
Basically, it would be the reverse of Fortune's head call in the sense that the input would make Beowulf dash to Hurting's location and the button used would determine the effect.
LK - vault over Hurting to land on the other side (ideally to leave a obstacle for the opponent)
MK - stand on Hurting (changing the height of his basic moves)
HK - backflip as in the gif, to trick a opponent that decided to chase after him

Incidentally, it would be cool if he had unique throw animations when grabbing the opponent with his/her back turned, like Alex and Necro have.

Last edited:
Reactions: Denizen
But then, you'd need unique "hit so hard they turned around" animations for the entire cast (because those are practically necessary in order to land those grabs in the first place), which could cost an infeasible amount of money.

Nah. Only Beowulf needed such a thing because the trait would be unique to him.
Isn't that the case with SFIII? Alex has his chop and Necro the spinning hook. IIRC, other characters don't have moves that force the opponent to turn his back.

Status
Not open for further replies.